Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Fairgrounds

Default Where to stay in Saratoga???

I'm heading out to Saratoga the 14th,15th,16th of Aug.And I need a place to stay.Can anyone recommend any hotels,motels??? I don't need anything fancy,as I will only be sleeping there.Should I look in surrounding towns?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmeastar
I'm heading out to Saratoga the 14th,15th,16th of Aug.And I need a place to stay.Can anyone recommend any hotels,motels??? I don't need anything fancy,as I will only be sleeping there.Should I look in surrounding towns?
Your best bet if you don't want to pay $300 plus a night is in the Albany area. Most chains are represented there.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
Your best bet if you don't want to pay $300 plus a night is in the Albany area. Most chains are represented there.
$65 a night each for two. It was okay. It has obviously been sold since I made my reservation in January. Folks with foreign accents run the place now. It doesn't stink like they do....yet. It is on the Saratoga city limit line on Rte 50

thttp://www.saratoga.org/robinhood/
Old 08-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmeastar
Expedia.com
Old 08-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Les Bois

we stay at the HoJo on Central Ave/rte5. its Schenectady,Ny. place isnt much but its ok. clips us for 65-70$ a night, but we spend 12 hrs a day at the two tracks so we really dont care. anything near the track is outrageous, even the dumps. 20-25 min. drive to the track.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Turf Paradise

I used to be the Queen of finding cheap motels less than 20 minutes from the track. The old standbys-
Cocca's Motel- in Malta, rt 9 off exit 13S, used to be $99 a night. Drive-up motel with about 12 rooms. Wouldn't be surprised to hear the rates remain as there's now an auto speedway across the road (LOUD.)
McGregor Inn- rt 9 Wilton, nothing fancy but usually has rooms last minute.
Landmark- a bit further north up 87, South Glens Falls. Quite nice, w/ race-enthusiast owner.
Community Court- right on Broadway, annoyingly over-priced but still on the relative low-side ($179.)
Stay away from Thorobred Motel, the only one that really grossed me out. Better to drive past and see if Locust Grove has any rooms.

Good source of motel info- http://www.saratoga.org/visitors/whe...oga-motels.asp
Old 08-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Fairgrounds

Thanks a bunch everyone!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Hialeah Park

There are several places in the Clifton Park area (HI express, Comfort Inn come to mind) which are usually available and it's a easy commute to Saratoga..hell you can even stop at the Starting Gate both ways!