Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Johnny Damon is decidedly not the reason why the Indians are in first place.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Only the Tigers can figure out a way to have a guy give up five walks, not have a blatant balk called, and still only score one run through six innings.

Oh, and don't forget the part where their superstar 3B was called out at a very close play at first. Just not the Tigers year, this 2012.
You do realize that on this date last year the Tribe was 7 ahead of the Tigers and 3-0 against the Tigers at home!! The non balk call was hilarious (perhaps the most recognizable balk I've ever seen!)...I'll take any break we can get!!

Verlander is just insanely good. his 116th pitch clocked at 102 mph. Indians are 10-2 in one run games and that pace is impossible to continue. It's been a real fun first two months, but just like last year...it's still real early.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Santa Anita

This just needs to be front paged again. It's looking ugly once again in all 3 sports. Tribe at this point the worst above .500 team in MLB history. It can't last too much longer. Tigers just biding time still. They'll be 5-10 up by mid September. White sox won't last.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Santa Anita

The artist formerly known as Fausto Carmona "exhausto" on this thread makes a start on August 15th. That's about as good as it gets in Cleveland these days!! Good times, good times! HE's got better knees than Trent Richardson at least.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:35 AM
Santa Anita

After beating Justin Verlander on July 26th, to go above .500 for the year, the Indians proceeded to lose 28 of their next 34 games. (And that's even with winning their last 1 in a row. 1-17 on their last two road trips combined. It's well oiled in Cleveland right now in all 3 sports. The Cavs were able to draft a Syracuse bench player with the 3rd pick in the NBA draft however. 0-16 is almost a guarantee for the Browns this year. It would be a monumental achievement to win even 1 game.)
Old 09-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
This just needs to be front paged again. It's looking ugly once again in all 3 sports. Tribe at this point the worst above .500 team in MLB history. It can't last too much longer. Tigers just biding time still. They'll be 5-10 up by mid September. White sox won't last.
more proof of how much I know my Cleveland sports.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:07 AM
The Curragh

Now that Morty is back, I'm expecting some fresh commentary on the Browns and their quest to win a game this year.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 AM
pointmanscousin

When a team has receivers nicknamed ''Butterfngers","Oops" and "What was that??"....that team might be owned by a red neck.

The owners brother is governor of Tennessee.

The coach of the team is Mr. Rogers.

The president is a whale.

The Browns best player is the place kicker.( The worst part is, all this stuff is true....so bad) The title "worst player" is still being contested by several including the entire right side of the offensive line, from the center over.Only in the fifth week of this new season, Browns fans are already anxiously awaiting the 2013 baseball season.Management has created a quarterback controversy as fans would really,really like one.

But then there is a running back controversy, a wide receiver controversy, a a head coach controversy and a defensive unit controversy.

As they head into whatever city they head into ( it really doesn't matter) this Sunday,the team is in fairly pressing need of its first double u.Just one more win in their next 4 games will assure the team of a 1-7 record at the half way mark.Then, anything can happen and probably will.The Browns are capable of dropping 6 on any team in the NFL.

The qb's number is 3.Does he think he is the place kicker??

The head coach likes to hunt.Local deer have a come up with a new line..."He's got that coach in the headlights look."

Anyways, what do you expect from a team that has been rebuilding every other year for the last 13 years? It ain't woikin'.Maybe they will learn that,"If it's broke, don't fix it." Trying to fix things has not worked.It's time to start not fixing broke things. That's the way the Tribe does it, goddamity!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:46 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointmanscousin View Post

The head coach likes to hunt.Local deer have a come up with a new line..."He's got that coach in the headlights look."
Classic line!!!!!!! Maybe their team campaign should be " We wear DOT orange cause we are always under construction."
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM
pointmanscousin

Oh gosh....yours was easily better.You should write about the Browns;you don't have to know anything about the team.After all, Stevie Hasbeen doesn't know anything about horsey racing.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
pointmanscousin

SportyFans, if you are thinking you had enough game information after 4 games this year in the BigTen....you are making a huge mistake.Mediocrity breeds false point shaving skills.

For all intents,the MLB season is like so over.Only local fans of play off teams care....unless you're dumb enough to be betting.Then you,too,care.Sort of.

That brings us to the NBA.

Why, I don't know.

But it does.

David Stern is now meeting with himself behind closed doors writing this season's script.So exciting.

Lastly,the Red Sox front office is finally looking smart.They fired Terry Francona as they did not think he knew what he is doing.Francona just announced strong interest in the Tribe's manager position,thereby corroborating the fact ,"He does not know what he is doing."

For those not in the know, Francona's m.o. really is not to do anything.

Have a swell Sporty Day, Sporty Fans!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 AM
pointmanscousin

So much for defense in college football.

Some of those games must have looked like a pin ball machine on speed..and you were,too.

The one game I was undecided on as to who I wanted to win was Cryami-Neutered Dame.I figured that whoever lost would be delightful so that's the way I viewed.I am so happy for Cryami fans everywhere.

The Indians hired Francona.

yay

At least they have chosen not to do anything.

Cleveland Browns football tomorrow!

Holy cow!

Let's watch....should be fun ( it won't).
Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointmanscousin View Post
So much for defense in college football.

Some of those games must have looked like a pin ball machine on speed..and you were,too.

The one game I was undecided on as to who I wanted to win was Cryami-Neutered Dame.I figured that whoever lost would be delightful so that's the way I viewed.I am so happy for Cryami fans everywhere.

The Indians hired Francona.

yay

At least they have chosen not to do anything.

Cleveland Browns football tomorrow!

Holy cow!

Let's watch....should be fun ( it won't).
The Francona hire stinks. He's washed up and a TV man now. I would have much preferred to give Alomar a shot. Looking at it un-biased....I still say Acta did a nice job with what he was given. He was given O baldo not vice versa. To be above .500 as long as he was in 2012 was simple brilliance.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Santa Anita

I was convinced pre-season the Browns would go 0-16, but I'm not as convinced of that any longer. they could go 2-14 or 3-13 and I will celebrate. Hick owner is gonna be fun though!!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Santa Anita

Kyrie Irving has a boat load of talent and is a nice kid, he's the one that will stay!!! I crack myself up.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Kyrie Irving has a boat load of talent and is a nice kid, he's the one that will stay!!! I crack myself up.
I'm thinking drafting the Syracuse bench player number 3 and trading up to draft the tall white kid will convince him to stay. I'm still cracking myself up.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Santa Anita

I have to give credit to the backup OSU qb who twittered that they are not there for schoolin' and learnin and class takin. Honesty is greatly lackin in the world these days and give credit to him for some truth tellin. I wonder if sub-Urban had to correct him? That statement by him makes him more qualified to head the NCAA than anyone currently in charge there.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Santa Anita

Oh my God, the Browns are on TV in Idaho today, I thought last week was the last time I'd see them. I was happy about that. I may have to witness a bit of the carnage today just for fun!! The Hands of Greg Little will have to be a researched topic at some university somewhere.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Santa Anita

Browns ahead already and WEed Wacker hasn't tossed a pass yet.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM
pointmanscousin

Will catch up with you later( is still here)...Da Loss is after me and I am so frightened!!