Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Santa Anita

I believe Storm Cadet from here has, so maybe he can help. But really, for stuff like this, go through the help contact on the site. They'll help you out for sure.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Gulfstream Park

pweizer: I have only opened up TFUS on my Iphone 5 to view the featured races. I use my Android tablet with chrome to view complete race cards.

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>
Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Oriental Park

Worked fine on my Iphone 4s and safari. Just a little small to have real value.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post
CJ or Doug,

Has anyone had success using the timeform site on an iPhone?

I can get the free races to load but even while I am signed in, I can't seem to get any other race or track to come up. I just keep getting looped back to the home page.

I am sure there is a simple fix and it is just me, but I can't get it to work.

Paul
I found a similar issue on my iPad. I was playing Saratoga and Monmouth and i was only able to open one track at a time.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:37 PM
The Curragh

Very much enjoying the content. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Fairgrounds

I did contact the help desk there but we couldn't get it to work with chrome. Safari does work however so that will do.

Paul
Old 07-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Suffolk Downs

Love the product so far. Great work!

I'm just wondering if you guys have plans to include track ratings or a track bias note in the PPs in the future. Maybe that will be part of the Deluxe PPs?

It's possible it's already there and I'm just blind.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charismatic1 View Post
Love the product so far. Great work!

I'm just wondering if you guys have plans to include track ratings or a track bias note in the PPs in the future. Maybe that will be part of the Deluxe PPs?

It's possible it's already there and I'm just blind.
That stuff is coming.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Randwyck

Is the content printable so I can physically take it to the track and write on it
Old 07-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Santa Anita

It is printable, but it could be a lot better and will be, but right now that isn't a priority. There is an option to enter notes for every horse as seen in the attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png Notes.png (11.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 08-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Randwyck

The website doesn't work via my mobile which is a Nokia Lumia...tried to print out the pages but lost the pace projections and star ratings among other things...will be good when all the kinks get worked out...give them some time..think its a good value and formatted for viewing well
Old 09-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

I've used the Pace Projector with great success at Saratoga and Presque Isle Downs over the last several weeks.

For the Saratoga meet, my Play of the Day Blog write-ups produced 18 winners out of 59 plays. That's a 30.5% win percentage at an average win mutual of $10.90

Obviously, you have a huge luxury when you can narrow it down to making just one, two, or on rare occasions, three plays a day. And my focus was always on taking horses who either projected dream trips, or projected very good trips after having been victimized repeatedly by bad setups.

Some of the nice priced winners did it with off-the-pace trips on the turf, such as Dangerous Lad ($35.60) and Caroline Thomas ($25.80) ... surprisingly, Laughing (only $15.80) was the longest priced of the ones who went wire-to-wire.

I mentioned Sandy'z Slew (wire to wire in a turf sprint at $31.80) on Twitter, but did not use her in my Blog write-up, unfortunately.

Anyway, things have been a lot more impressive at Presque Isle over the last month, thanks to a pro-rail bias.

This is what the Pace Projector looked like for the 5th race on August 19th at PID:

The #4 horse Paige Me, a closer, had pretty competitive figures and projected for a dream trip. Covered up on a very good rail path, with a very fast pace at 6.5 furlongs in front of him. I ended up selecting the race 4-8-1 in the paper.

The #4, Paige Me won and paid $60.60 and the exacta of 4-1 paid $441.60 on a day when the pools were huge. Over $40,000 was bet into the exacta pool alone, in this race: http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...081913USA5.pdf

Yesterday's 8th race at Presque Isle was another great example of the pace projector working on the opposite end. Military Mary (wire-to-wire at $40.80) projected a loose early lead, on the rail, going just 5 furlongs. The 5f distance is very speed favoring at PID and riders will normally let a longshot go instead of rushing up to hook them, even at 5f.

Anyway, I picked Military Mary because of the obvious pace advantage:

The top selection in the newspaper won 6 out of the 8 races yesterday, including a cold late pick 4 capped off with the $40.80 winner.

Basically, the Pace Projector is an excellent tool, not to just find horses who might make a loose lead, but to also find closers who project a dream trip behind a fast early pace. Especially when you have a rail bias in play.

It's also good at finding horses who project dream stalking trips, a clear third behind two duelers, or a clear 4th behind three pace rivals. It's especially effective in races with a lot of established form and no horses making surfaces switches or equipment changes.

If you're not using it, you should be.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Oriental Park

Paige Me was a stable mail horse of mine coming off I believe a -12 pace trip and the only one to close ground, thats based on memory but DRF stiffed me by not sending me the alert notice on the entry.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
Paige Me was a stable mail horse of mine coming off I believe a -12 pace trip and the only one to close ground, thats based on memory but DRF stiffed me by not sending me the alert notice on the entry.
Ouch.

TVG was featuring Presque Isle for that race as well.

Not only did you miss out on a $60.60 winner ... but you missed out on it at a time when the PID pools were flooded with money. It was the only thoroughbred racing going at that moment.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
DRF Alert Systemhas been out of whack for ages. I've given up on it.

Use the Equibase Virual Stable: http://www.equibase.com/virtualstabl...horse%2Ecfm%3F
Old 09-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
DRF Alert Systemhas been out of whack for ages. I've given up on it.

Use the Equibase Virual Stable: http://www.equibase.com/virtualstabl...horse%2Ecfm%3F
Steve, if you put in a stable alert after a horse has been entered, you're S.O.L

Other than that, I've never had a problem with it.

For instance, if a horse is entered for friday, and you put in an alert now, you'll get nothing until a result notification after the chart is up on Friday.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Steve, if you put in a stable alert after a horse has been entered, you're S.O.L

Other than that, I've never had a problem with it.

For instance, if a horse is entered for friday, and you put in an alert now, you'll get nothing until a result notification after the chart is up on Friday.
Weird.. I'm getting things days later and not at all. And this is on horses that are established in the system.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Weird.. I'm getting things days later and not at all. And this is on horses that are established in the system.
I never look for them in my E-mail. Usually they send them to spam.

Not to defend our competitor, but if you use the 'Horse Watch' feature under the category 'tools', you'll be alright and get instant notifications as long as the horse wasn't entered prior to adding him.

But yeah, if you do it by E-mail, it's a mess. Most of them end up in your spam section.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Oriental Park

Yea CJ told me to get over to Equibase instead, I learned a lesson, the hard way. I just go to the page and look at the "notifications" pulldown.

The only thing I dont like is I wish there was a box to delete notifications when you want that way if you have a large stable mail there are not a ton of irrelevant notifications that stay there for quite a while.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Oriental Park

Speaking of Timeform pace projections, what do you think of Tamarando in the Del Mar Futurity, he has never really caught a fast pace and I think a bunch of sprinters stretching out today will give that to him, his 82 is already competitive and I think he may improve a bit at 7F, 8/1 ML.