Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2020, 02:19 PM
The Curragh

Default Max Player

For some odd reason I've noticed this horse has been brought up a couple times as a contender, but on form I'm not seeing it.
Are people raving because he went form Rice to Asmussen (17% first time with new trainer) or the IMO suck up 100+ bris speed figures (Brisnet also has him as 3rd in this race for "Prime Power") running behind a dominating Tiz The Law?

If someone else see's it, let me know because I feel like this horse is going to take more money then he should, i just don't know why?

-bt-
Old 09-02-2020, 02:44 PM
Longchamps

He’s a possible trifecta/super add on but hasn’t been close to Tiz in last two races. Can see the horse lunkering up in wagers but can’t see anyway this one can win.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Longchamps

As for rest of horses I think Tiz towers over these so I’ll be looking for value in exacta. NY traffic is getting better and will be on my exactas along with lightly raced Money Moves at big odds who could be sitting on his big race and will be tasty number. Honor ap is nice horse but no value in exacta. King is training pretty good but don’t think he is near fast enough. Authentic is toss along with thousand words which is crazy as both are Bafferts.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
As for rest of horses I think Tiz towers over these so I’ll be looking for value in exacta. NY traffic is getting better and will be on my exactas along with lightly raced Money Moves at big odds who could be sitting on his big race and will be tasty number. Honor ap is nice horse but no value in exacta. King is training pretty good but don’t think he is near fast enough. Authentic is toss along with thousand words which is crazy as both are Bafferts.
Tom I think we're seeing this the same way. For a number of reasons, not the least of which was the Uncle Chuck fiasco in the Travers I'm not keen on any of these Cali horses. NY Traffic is my top choice for 2nd, but love the way King G is working over CD, and though I think Money Moves wants nothing to do with a mile and a quarter, there is no telling where the top is with him. South Bend had a terrible break in the Travers but proved the distance isn't going to be a problem and with a clean start has as much right as any of these to be part of the exacta. For me Max Player for me would need to have a major move forward to be considered for 2nd...But they are all chasing Tiz and as much as I hate to eat chalk, he's just that much better than all of them and proven at the distance.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Keeneland

Just an FYI guys, King Guillermo has a “small issue” according to his trainer this morning and him running is now in jeopardy.