Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Default 4th at SA on Friday...No DQ?

I am kinda confused. The other day Conveyors Angel gets taken down after apparently cutting off a horse who was going backwards. Then today in the 4th at SA a situation happens where the 8 horse under a left handed whip from Vic Espinoza drifts out right in the stretch cutting off an oncoming horse who would have at least gotten 2nd. On the head on it was a no brainer and actually worse then the Conveyors Angel DQ. Guess what.......the stewards make no change. Anyone who doesnt believe that the stewards dont show favoritism....hold grudges...or are incompetent, please go back and watch the replay.......this is the one part of the game that really blows....these guys really need to be held accountable for their actions.

Oh yeah..the jock who Espinoza cut off......Danny Sorenson.......f'ing ridiculous
Old 01-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Fairgrounds

I told you,California racing SUCKS!!!! It is all decided by Politics out there.Their stewards are Idiots! I never wager on anything out there.It is ridiculous.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmeastar
I told you,California racing SUCKS!!!! It is all decided by Politics out there.Their stewards are Idiots! I never wager on anything out there.It is ridiculous.

Cant argue with anything you said. I rarely bet so-cal anymore.......used to all the time....
Old 01-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

nothing can beat Evaseline Downs win it comes to the Stewards. I had two 20-1 horses run 1-2 and the favorite was in a photo for place and he ran 3rd. They don't show anything for 10 minutes and the next thing you know they are putting the favorite in the winner's circle. Everyone around is laughing and carying on. Then they showed a bunch of replays from all angles. mostly head on so you can't tell then they finally show the photo. It was quick but me and my friends could clearly see the favorite ran 3rd in the photo. I was looking at $400 - 500 and these clowns stole it from me. I will never EVER play that carnyass track NEVER EVER !!!!!!!!!!

but to stay on topic I've seen the favorite at Hollywood ram my horse repeatedly down the stretch. Trying to knock him off his feat. it was incredible. Cost my horse the place money and they looked at it once and took no action. I guess it was because he was the favorite and my horse was a long shot around 25-1. They are trying to be popular instead of just.

I can't stay away from santa Anita the level of competition is too good. You can get some really nice payoffs as long as they don't cheat
Old 01-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Flemington

There is no way that Trick a Cat should have stayed up.You are not mistaken.I thought sure they would take that horse down.The trainer on HRTV was very surprised that they didn't make a change.If I was terminal,I would take care of these people.If Conveyor's Angel did something wrong,then for sure this horse did.They don't have a leg to stand on now.They simply didn't want to take that even money down.Victor is beating that horse left handed,and he comes right over and takes this horse's path.Horse was full of run(unlike that tired Frankel horse they were so g d worried about on Wednesday.)Both times they went out of their way to hurt the connections of hi odd horses.I guarantee you,if they cost me good money in one of these subjective calls,I won't be the quiet victim that so many are being out here.That is not a call that could go either way.That horse kept Sorenson's horse from getting 2nd(bothered him 2x.)I was gunna start this thread,but sometimes you just get tired of talking.That time is over.Time for action.Somebody needs to step up and take action before these crooks do this again.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Yeah..I know this subject is kinda old...but I thought this situation had to be pointed out....what these criminals (stewards) are doing out there is horrendous.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Santa Anita

I've always maintained DQs should be for purse money only, not betting results.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles
I've always maintained DQs should be for purse money only, not betting results.

That is rather insane thinking.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Santa Anita

What is so insane about it?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Sheepshead Bay

That could cause some very interesting race riding. Would be like a rodeo out there....

So are you telling me if a horse on the lead in the stretch comes out and completely takes out a charging closer he should be left up for betting purposes? Only Dq'd for purse money?

Thats insane
Old 01-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Santa Anita

Well, obviously the jocks would still be heavily fined and could get lengthy suspensions for something like you mention. Do you think they would risk that, and possibly losing business from an owner while endangering horses, to cash a bet?

My point is that the stewards get it wrong at least as many times as they get it right, so why not just let the results stand for betting only? At least then you have consistency. Even when the stewards get one right, most DQs do not change the finish to what it would have been had a foul not occurred.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Flemington

This trainer (that works sometimes on HRTV) named Sean Mc Carthy is a guy who goes out of his way to try to avoid controversy.They just had some sort of incident at Laurel,and he says he doesn't want to comment about the inquiry,because he stuck his neck out yesterday,and it went the other way.This is not a guy who really wants to give his opinion(especially if there is any question about the result,)but he thought sure they were gunna take TRICK A CAT down yesterday.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Fairgrounds

Of course he isn't going to stick his neck out.He has to work in Cal.If he pisses off the stewards,they will ruin him.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:11 AM
Santa Anita

The place photo in the 8th, which they called a dead heat, looks awfully fishy as well.