Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar
I don't know how I missed this milestone, but congrats to Chuck, Steve and everyone involved on a huge accomplishment. Very happy for you.

--Dunbar
Blackjack hangover?
Old 05-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Oaklawn

Default Race Video Fix!!!

The complete race video is now available on the Arlington website. There are now 2 Race #4s.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Blackjack hangover?
Now that's a good name for a horse.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Del Mar

The Spyder gotta take some credit for it as I compained three times and said I was an owner

The Spy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989
The complete race video is now available on the Arlington website. There are now 2 Race #4s.

Last edited by TheSpyder : 05-25-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Lincoln Fields

LOL and good job - screamed hard and loud at the computer cause the track feed watching live went dark just as they were comin back and wasnt gonna get to see the winners circle shot, finally came back up though and best part is we're all gonna get official photos - and since it only been a week think we're still entitled to another big CONGRATS TO ALL

uh Velez gonna get the ride back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder
The Spyder gotta take credit for it as I compained three times and said I was an owner

The Spy
Old 05-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
DEE TEE GETS FIRST BARN WIN AS KICKIN AWES IN CHICAGO

In dramatic style, Kickin N Screamin provided Dee Tee Stables with its' first victory as a racing concern Saturday, closing from 16 lengths back after a half mile to win by a length at the finish. The 5yo daughter of Chester House, sent off as 4th choice at 7-1, lagged early as Jose Velez bided his time and saved ground around the first turn as instructed by Chuck. The leaders made the half mile in a solid :47.3 and three-quarters in 1:12.0, which found Kickin 16.5 lengths back with little more than a half mile to run.

From there, Velez began to motivate KNS and ease her outside for the turn, and she responded with a relentless sustained run that pulled her to within 2 lengths of On a High Cloud (2-1) with an eighth of a mile to go. Once straightened for the drive by Velez, Kickin N Screamin again showed the late action that she displayed in her first Dee Tee start at Tampa and pulled away to hit the wire a widening length in front while finishing in a sharp :31.3.

The joy and delight from throng of Dee Tee partners and DTers in attendance was visible in the winner's circle and trophy (!) presentation, (not the least of which might have been brought about by the $16.80 win, $137 exacta and $680 trifecta mutuels). The victory comes in the 11th start for Dee Tee as a stable, and pushes the group's record to 1-4-1-1 dating back to April 2007 through the efforts of Sumwonlovesyou (6/0-3-0-1) and KNS (5/1-1-1-0).

The opportunity to get to the winner's circle today is of course thanks to Chuck, and this particular victory goes in no small part to assistant trainer T.C. who has worked with Kickin N Screamin from the time she was acquired last fall at Keeneland.

Everyone with any tie to Simon Racing, Dee Tee Stables and DerbyTrail.com shares in this win today as it has been a team effort in so many ways. I can't accurately relate what today's result means to me personally either, and won't try right now... Suffice to say that I think we collectively accomplished something a lot of people thought we could not do, and there is an extra measure of satisfaction in that.

Here is the link to the chart of the race:
http://www.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesI...=20080517&RN=4

We will be getting win photos for everyone involved in Dee Tee and likely something else to commemorate the win.. Thanks to everyone for their support and enthusiasm.. Hope the day was special for those that had hoped to be a part of winning a horse race with their own horse.

Steve and Chuck
Congrats to everyone involved! That is exciting!