Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylbert
Rammer Jammer, Yellow Hammer, Give'm Hell, ALABAMA!

ELL-ESS-EWE -- preparing to C-H-O-K-E...
Are you choking yet, bud?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Coach Pants

That's the way it goes. I'm proud of Bama. The future is bright for the Tide.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
I believe it is, Pillow. You guys played a great game.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

just got back from west monroe, we spent the evening at hooters cheering (and sometimes NOT cheering) the tigers. mistake after mistake, the most penalized team in the ncaa....yet they manage to win it.
again.

thankfully dorsey is ok.

now if only south carolina can beat these hogs.

and navy. whew.

navy, first time beating notre dame since 1963! and i picked them in the local paper contest. my son thought i was nuts, he went with dame.
ah, life is good.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Arlington Park

the most talented team won. congrats tiger fans.

no excuses, Bama had it's chances but it's not their time. YET! i would not be surprised to see them struggle or lose next week in starkville but tonight served notice to the rest of the conference. the sleeping giant is stirring.

ROLL TIDE !!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

yeah, they have talent... but damn they like to take it to the wire. 'bama looks good, but lsu really kept saban and co in the game. should not have been that close.
miles is the first coach to win against a handful of teams two years running. i don't remember who they mentioned. too many smirnoffs, and this frozen slippery nipple (mixed drink) isn't helping the memory much.
thank goodness for 'fall back'.

and backspace. otherwise this would be full of typos.

oh, and the wings were great. almost as good as the little bastard with the balloons in his shirt mimicking the waitresses.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Every week everyone says that about LSU. I just dont think they as good as everyone makes them out to be.
Lsu is easily the most overall talented team in the country. their poor discipline kills them. if they only have half the penalties tonight, they win by 20 easy.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
Lsu is easily the most overall talented team in the country. their poor discipline kills them. if they only have half the penalties tonight, they win by 20 easy.

yeah, you're right. they have the talent and ability....but they keep the other team in it. too many mistakes.
still fun tho.

tony gets a lot more anxious than i do. i felt pretty confident throughout. disappointed that they kept it so close. flynn had way too many mistakes, hate to see one player have such an effect on the team.

good game for sure, lsu gets a bit of a breather the next two. then arkansas. i hope they kill the boars!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
I've seen them in person...they aint that good. Wouldn't the 'easily most talented team in the country' win a game against a medicore(sorry) team like Alabama who has a bad QB and no running game in a decisive manner? The QB is average, the running game is ok, the recievers are ok, the d-line is very good, the secondary is weak. They got lucky to beat Florida and Auburn at home. They have beat one good team in a decisive manner, Va Tech, and that was a long time ago.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

well, lsu will now move to #2, as bc just got picked by fsu...td criminoles...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I've seen them in person...they aint that good. Wouldn't the 'easily most talented team in the country' win a game against a medicore(sorry) team like Alabama who has a bad QB and no running game in a decisive manner? The QB is average, the running game is ok, the recievers are ok, the d-line is very good, the secondary is weak. They got lucky to beat Florida and Auburn at home. They have beat one good team in a decisive manner, Va Tech, and that was a long time ago.
Bama is medicore, i said they'd be 7-5 before the season started. the only game they've really disappointed me was fsu. Bama didn't play well at all.

Lsu has a good corp of wr and rb's. i don't think les miles gets good use from all talent he has on offense. flynn's not bad at qb, his consistancy is hard to figure.
the secondary is good but undisciplied like the rest of the team.
the overall team discipline gets them in more trouble than anything else.
someone on here told me a couple weeks ago " survive and advance" thats what Lsu does.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Dee Tee Stables

your team is doing better than i expected dd...but then, i didn't expect that s car would lose tonite either.
obviously saban will improve your team-that's what they're paying him the big bucks for. talent is there to be tapped, saban knows what he's doing, and will bring alabama back to where they were. altho i think the ncaa sanctions hurt their chances more the last few years than the coaches did...
now if only miles stays where he is...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You saw them in person, what... one time? LOL
Old 11-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
You saw them in person, what... one time? LOL
Thats all I needed. They struggle every week, pull a game out out their ass and everyone says how great they are. I dont get it. The defense which is supposed to be so great gives up alot of points The offense is erratic. They simply aren't as good as they are made out to be. I'm not saying that they aren't good enough to win the whole thing and sure they could easily be undefeated. They just as easily could have 4 losses. What they have is depth and a coach who has balls. A different coach may have choked a few more of those games away by not being aggresive. There is no way that they are any better than Oregon, Oklahoma and dare I say, Ohio State. If John boy Wilson or whatever his name is wasn't atrocious, they would be Cotton Bowl bound.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:42 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Thats all I needed. They struggle every week, pull a game out out their ass and everyone says how great they are. I dont get it. The defense which is supposed to be so great gives up alot of points The offense is erratic. They simply aren't as good as they are made out to be. I'm not saying that they aren't good enough to win the whole thing and sure they could easily be undefeated. They just as easily could have 4 losses. What they have is depth and a coach who has balls. A different coach may have choked a few more of those games away by not being aggresive. There is no way that they are any better than Oregon, Oklahoma and dare I say, Ohio State. If John boy Wilson or whatever his name is wasn't atrocious, they would be Cotton Bowl bound.
Depth is a huge thing in college football. Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU all have it. This is part of the reason they can pull out games. LSU has had one of the best receivers in the country injured for most of the year in Early D. And they still pull out games. Oklahoma has about 4 diff. running backs they can go to. So they pull out bad games like that against Iowa St.

LSU has shown a pattern of very undisciplined play and they have only lost one time. Thats the way I look at it. If for example, Texas had that many penalities and turnovers in a game against Alabama, it would be 50-7 bama. LSU secondary has been burned. I think they take way too many risks because they rely on their D-line to harass QB's into bad throws. For gosh sakes the best Defensive lineman in the country was limping around out their still making plays even though he had no ability to rush the passer. Still batting down balls and foiling screens. (probably should not been in the game but he is so smart I guess they could not keep him out)

If LSU plays a good sound football game they will beat any of the teams you mentioned imo. And all of those teams you mentioned will have to play very well to even have a chance to beat LSU. The pattern of bad play should be of concern however.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Depth is a huge thing in college football. Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU all have it. This is part of the reason they can pull out games. LSU has had one of the best receivers in the country injured for most of the year in Early D. And they still pull out games. Oklahoma has about 4 diff. running backs they can go to. So they pull out bad games like that against Iowa St.

LSU has shown a pattern of very undisciplined play and they have only lost one time. Thats the way I look at it. If for example, Texas had that many penalities and turnovers in a game against Alabama, it would be 50-7 bama. LSU secondary has been burned. I think they take way too many risks because they rely on their D-line to harass QB's into bad throws. For gosh sakes the best Defensive lineman in the country was limping around out their still making plays even though he had no ability to rush the passer. Still batting down balls and foiling screens. (probably should not been in the game but he is so smart I guess they could not keep him out)

If LSU plays a good sound football game they will beat any of the teams you mentioned imo. And all of those teams you mentioned will have to play very well to even have a chance to beat LSU. The pattern of bad play should be of concern however.
Another cool aid drinker. Oregon was missing 4 starters and cruised over the #4 team in the country. I guess it isn't your fault, you live in Texas where there used to be good football played...