Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Flemington

J.D. is a very poor example to follow.The one thing that is difficult to tolerate is seeing somebody fail to fully take advantage of their gifts.He knows what gift he was given,but simply doesn't work hard enough to use that gift.It's really sad to see them give so much coverage to somebody that simply doesn't work hard enough to compete.I mean this guy is in no shape to play 4 competitive rounds of golf.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Newmarket

just heard a funny mixed metaphor from Woody Austin.
during an interview he said he is the kinda guy who likes to "speak from the hip".
thats one I haven't heard before.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966
Its awesome to see Big John up on the leaderboards. If you like him you should of heard him being interviewed by Howard Stern, he is an awesome person off the course. Your typical everyday person, who doesnt let being a celeb get to him.
i've heard daly called many things, but typical? i did hear him talking about how he handles the heat, light up a cigarette--and no doubt have a beer or three.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
"I'm in better shape than Tiger"

Im not sure John is in better shape than anyone. I agree though Bigs, he gets rolling and starts feeding off the crowd, he can make a run at it. The talent level is there for sure.
round is a shape!!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
What?
The typical everyday person has his wife attack him with a knife before a round of golf? And go to rehab and fail... typical everyday guy from Arkansas maybe. Chainsmokers and we are all drunk... holy schneikies.

I will now go outside to call the HOgs and then beat my wife.

It would be very interesting if Daly was black to see how typical everyday he would be perceived as.
tsk tsk

no, not typical....but every state has their share of drunk, many times married wife beaters. every sport too....look at jose canseco!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Gulfstream Park

c'mon Woody!!!!!:d

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>
Old 08-12-2007, 03:08 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
tsk tsk

no, not typical....but every state has their share of drunk, many times married wife beaters. every sport too....look at jose canseco!
Its from my days at The University of Texas.

The Arkansas football... ahhh all the sports I ever went to watch that involved Arkansas fans, the absolute worst fans I have ever encountered. By far the worst. I know the South East conference is supposed to have some really bad fans (I have heard LSU in Baton Rouge is not a place for the visiting team but I have never witnessed it), but if any are worse than Arkansas fans I would like to know.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

The Arkansas football... ahhh all the sports I ever went to watch that involved Arkansas fans, the absolute worst fans I have ever encountered. By far the worst. I know the South East conference is supposed to have some really bad fans (I have heard LSU in Baton Rouge is not a place for the visiting team but I have never witnessed it), but if any are worse than Arkansas fans I would like to know.
yeah, we got some grief from ark fans when we went to the lsu-ark game in little rock....cussed at, flipped off, etc. guys hollered go back to louisiana--we said, but we live in arkansas! then some drunk later in the game wanted to give tony a hard time--til tony stood up. he backed off pretty quickly then.
but then, lsu put such a thrashing on them, many in red left before mid-4th quarter.

but if you listen to ark fans, they say lsu fans are bad. and of course ark will badmouth texans....same all over i guess.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:48 PM
5'8".. but all man!

13 majors...

get some bitches
Old 08-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Gulfstream Park

ATTA BOY WOODY...President CUP TICKETS in Montreal.....O'Canada...they got any horse racing there?

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>

Last edited by Storm Cadet : 08-12-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
13 majors...

get some bitches

I love the way he spun that Driver after hitting at 17. Dead solid perfect. (I kinda was pulling for Woody--he acts just like me out there, except he's good)
Old 08-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Delaware Park

Quote:

LSU fans are pretty militant, especially if their team has a winning record coming into a game with your team (mine is Alabama). The Arkansas fans are deadly and it's those hog hats they wear. The snouts on the end of those hats will knock you out, especially in the close quarters of a stadium. When they swing their head either left or right and you're in the line of fire, those damn things will give you a concussion.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatrical
LSU fans are pretty militant, especially if their team has a winning record coming into a game with your team (mine is Alabama). The Arkansas fans are deadly and it's those hog hats they wear. The snouts on the end of those hats will knock you out, especially in the close quarters of a stadium. When they swing their head either left or right and you're in the line of fire, those damn things will give you a concussion.
i'll be pulling for bama when the hogs come to visit. i pretty much root for whoever arkansas is playing. i get a lot of funny looks around here when i wear my purple and gold! it's great.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:15 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i'll be pulling for bama when the hogs come to visit. i pretty much root for whoever arkansas is playing. i get a lot of funny looks around here when i wear my purple and gold! it's great.
They dont try and kill you, or do a Deliverance dance on you once you get into the shadows? Maybe its just the Arkansas fans that travel to the games.

I know when Auburn played Texas back in the day, the Auburn fans were some of the nicest people I have met. When my Dad went to Auburn, he said the fans greated them and said it was so nice to play Texas. My brother also said the USC fans at the Rose Bowl were very cordial, but stunned after the game. But its not like they were going to do a dance on your rear just cause they lost.

I will say the hookem horns sign down has gotten very, very old. Oklahoma has been doing it since time began.

I realize I have attempted to hijack this thread so I must say something about golf.

I still dont get how Tiger can swing so hard at the ball and still hit it straight. I love the Freddie Couples smooth effortless swing. But Couples(older) is injured and Tiger still swings away though much younger.

I wonder if that viscious swing will catch up to him in later years...
Ahhh he is probably doing some sort of Yoga and stretching to keep his back in tune?
Kev... is Tiger gonna die eventually swinging that hard?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
ATTA BOY WOODY...President CUP TICKETS in Montreal.....O'Canada...they got any horse racing there?
Woody Austin has completely gone bonkers. Either that or he is the funniest man alive. Not sure which. His interview today was absolutely priceless!! Him saying..."just review the shots I hit Friday...I played a better round than Tiger that day...he just got the score and I didn't." And also this one..."I beat him today...he was just 4 up is all...what am I supposed to do?" And the best..."he's really not better than me." I'm sincerely hoping he was completely tongue in cheek here...otherwise the man is clinically insane. Woody, when a man more than 10 years younger than you has 10 more major wins than you have career total tour victories...just a hint. He is just a hair better than you sir. Woody Austin just overtook John Daly today as best post round interview on tour hands down!!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
They dont try and kill you, or do a Deliverance dance on you once you get into the shadows? Maybe its just the Arkansas fans that travel to the games.

I know when Auburn played Texas back in the day, the Auburn fans were some of the nicest people I have met. When my Dad went to Auburn, he said the fans greated them and said it was so nice to play Texas. My brother also said the USC fans at the Rose Bowl were very cordial, but stunned after the game. But its not like they were going to do a dance on your rear just cause they lost.

I will say the hookem horns sign down has gotten very, very old. Oklahoma has been doing it since time began.

I realize I have attempted to hijack this thread so I must say something about golf.

I still dont get how Tiger can swing so hard at the ball and still hit it straight. I love the Freddie Couples smooth effortless swing. But Couples(older) is injured and Tiger still swings away though much younger.

Ahhh he is probably doing some sort of Yoga and stretching to keep his back in tune?
No such think as effortless swing in pro golf. They all exert tremendous torque. Freddie's just looks that way...he has had back problem despite the perceived effortlessness his entire career. Daly goes 300 lbs plus...smokes 10 packs a day and is over 40 and still hammers. Don't think his back has been too bad. It's pot luck. I don't think Tiger will kill himself with his swing.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse
No such think as effortless swing in pro golf. They all exert tremendous torque. Freddie's just looks that way...he has had back problem despite the perceived effortlessness his entire career. Daly goes 300 lbs plus...smokes 10 packs a day and is over 40 and still hammers. Don't think his back has been too bad. It's pot luck. I don't think Tiger will kill himself with his swing.

(although you being a physics teacher (I think) I'm guessing saying "exerting torque" is probably not the proper way to describe a golf swing. Maybe "create torque" is a more proper expression for that!!)
Old 08-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Monmouth Park

Quote:

Backs are funny things, I remember when Couples blew his out the first time warming up in Doral. He was at the peak of his career and top ranked player in the world and has never been the same since. Tiger is in such good shape that I don't know if he will ever be in the position to really do damage. I do know one thing, he will never hurt his back becaue he was out of shape, which is what the cause is more often than not. If he does hurt it, it will be from one of those freak things. Like when he cracked his ribs sneezing....

Oh sorry, I'm Sam not Kev.....
Old 08-13-2007, 07:28 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Pat, I think alot of it has to do with luck.

Im not a very big man by any means and I don't take a big rip at the ball when I am playing, yet I had back surgery at 33, with golf being the primary culprit of my bad back.

The swing that makes me cringe the most when I watch him is Rory Sabatinni. That "reverse C" finish to his golf swing is gonna land him in traction sooner or later.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Oriental Park

Woody played great, no doubt about it. I hope his final round really brings out the best in him for future tournaments. That being said the interview was classic, some of the things he said were boarderline insane. He said he wanted Tiger to know someone else was on the course so he hyped up the crowd. Note to Woody, Tiger plays alone on Sundays when he has the lead