Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
And yet another reason we are doomed

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ton-tlc-368469
well, you just have to hope the honey boo boo watchers are the non-voters.
that's also the reason why they moved the cowboy-giants game to wednesday. those ratings wouldn't have tied with obama-they'd have been much higher.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Tropical Park

[quote=richard;888900]Pretty clear many are better off now than 4 years ago.

Yeah Richard you are better off if you are on Wall Street, just the people Obama claims he wants to rein in while taking boatloads of donations from them. However the persistent high unemployment numbers, high number of discouraged people leaving the workforce, poor manufacturing numbers, and soaring deficit make it clear that the rest of us are much worse off.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Obama wanted points for already having embraced hard truths. "I won't pretend the path I'm offering is quick or easy. I never have. You didn't elect me to tell you what you wanted to hear. You elected me to tell you the truth."

that's from his speech last night. and many did vote for him four years ago because of his telling them what they wanted to hear. he didn't tell the truth then, and they ate it up. whether he was a flat-out liar pandering to those who wanted dreams viewed thru rose-colored glasses, or if he was just naive enough to think he could actually change things, i don't know. but either way, he bs'ed his way into that job. now the trick is to get those same voters, many of whom are now jaded and skeptical, to give him another go 'round.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Hialeah Park

Just image if a jockey asked for more time to finish the job.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
Obama wanted points for already having embraced hard truths. "I won't pretend the path I'm offering is quick or easy. I never have. You didn't elect me to tell you what you wanted to hear. You elected me to tell you the truth."

that's from his speech last night. and many did vote for him four years ago because of his telling them what they wanted to hear. he didn't tell the truth then, and they ate it up. whether he was a flat-out liar pandering to those who wanted dreams viewed thru rose-colored glasses, or if he was just naive enough to think he could actually change things, i don't know. but either way, he bs'ed his way into that job. now the trick is to get those same voters, many of whom are now jaded and skeptical, to give him another go 'round.
"If we can't get this done in three years, this is going to be a one-term proposition."

"We measure progress by how many people can find a job that pays the mortgage, whether you can put a little money away at the end of each month."

These are quotes from Obama four years ago. Like all of his lies, instead of it taking three years like he originally promised, we are now told that he never offered a path that was quick or easy. Even he told the American people that he was not deserving of a second term if he could not do it in four years. What a disgrace.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Pretty clear many are better off now than 4 years ago.

Why shouldn't it flourish? When the worst criminals on Wall Street have no fear of prosecution, the market should rock. "Lose" $1.6 billion of client money that is supposed to be in an escrow account not available for investing, no big deal, the Obama Justice Department won't prosecute. Regulations mean nothing when no one will enforce them.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
"If we can't get this done in three years, this is going to be a one-term proposition."

"We measure progress by how many people can find a job that pays the mortgage, whether you can put a little money away at the end of each month."

These are quotes from Obama four years ago. Like all of his lies, instead of it taking three years like he originally promised, we are now told that he never offered a path that was quick or easy. Even he told the American people that he was not deserving of a second term if he could not do it in four years. What a disgrace.
lol
thing is, the party should have told him four years ago he was making promises he couldn't keep. but by the same token, he should have known better.
i'm not in a party, and i know how it works! but he doesn't/didn't?