Old 07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Santa Anita

funny weekend!!

#Grand
Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
All I have to say is that even SOME of the DTers got to see Scav run up a friggin hill, I lasted about 3 minutes until I spit the bit
Hilarious...
Old 07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Keeneland

I am definitely starting to feel my age... after 4 nights of getting in after 3AM, I've had about as much as I can handle. I need a vacation from my vacation. LOL

I just want to thank Dell and Satan's Twin again for letting me crash at the hotel and for the rides back and forth from the track. Nicer guys can not be met and if other DT'ers have the chance to meet them, you guys need to.

Scavs is exactly how he appears on this board... FULL TILT and a comedy guy. I had a blast hanging out with him and the rest of the Arlington crew who helped make this weekend possible for me.

I don't want to forget anyone, but it was great to meet EVERYONE on this forum that came to Toga this past weekend. Hooves, you're a great person and your wife has got to be one of the nicest people I've met. I hope you convince her to sign up on here and start posting.

Last but not least, Sumwonlovesyou... WOW is all I can say. She is a nice filly, guys. I've got knots in my stomach worrying about her race next weekend. I wish I could make it back up for it, but I can't... I'll be living vicariously through the other DT'ers to bring her home first.

P.S. I hope Kev made it home OK. He got stuck at the airport all night.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta124
Same here......We had a great time. I will post some pictures later.
I have a nice one of you modeling the Dee Tee Silks I will be posting as soon as I get home. Have to say they look HUGE on you. Missed your calling bro...

Great time and met lots of nice folks. Can't wait to do it again next weekend...
Old 07-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Cherie when I arrived on Wed. Was standing there talking to her and after a few minutes her phone rang and it was Chuck calling her. About 30 seconds into her conversation with him, all of a sudden she blurts out "Chuck, would you please get over here so Kevin can look up and talk to you instead of staring at my tits?"
Back at CD, a few days before Sumwon shipped, I put in a good work for you with Cherie, and this is what you do with it? Kev, Kev, Kev ....
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-30-2007, 04:07 PM
5'8".. but all man!

There is just simply not enough room on Derby Trail to tell all the stories from this weekend.

Thanks a bunch to Steve for putting up with a few of us loud mouth drunks so close to the BBQ stand. You are a very gracious host and thanks so much for the gift.

The rest of the crew:

Scavs: my boy..great to finally meet you in person. What a highlight reel this guy is. When he wasn't cashing tickets...you would never know he was around..but, when he hit...the whole Saratoga race track knew it. "BOOM BABY!!! I'M BACK!!!"

Hooves: The most chill guy I know. It was great to see you again this year. Mrs. Hooves has to be the sweetest lady on the face of the earth. What a fantastic couple they are.

Steve Dellinger: I don't even know what to say bro I absolutely knew you and I would get along. You and I...just a couple of simple guys that like to pound beers and have a good time. The whole Siro's thing...yeah...lets not even talk about that

SatansTwin: The biggest surprise to me. I had very little contact with Barney before Wednesday, but folks...let me tell you. This f*cking guy is unreal. I would need the Steve Byk dictionary of superlatives to describe him. Hand's down one of the greatest humans beings I have ever met. This guy treated me like he had known me forever, so incredibly generous...words do this guy no justice. Thanks for everything you did for me bro.

Ateam: Joey..oh man. Thank God that Augie's didn't have Jager...we would still be passed out there now. 6 wide...and we still missed that f*cker...we suck dude. Brooklyn is now at the top of my list of places to see...I gotta see how you roll. One more thing....NO...NO...NONONONONONONONONONO

BigsMC: Add this guy to the list of nicest people you will ever meet. Was incredibly kind enough to come pick me up at the airport Wed. morning, even though we had never met face to face. This guy simply has it going on. Great wife and 2 ADORABLE little girls. I wanna be like this guy when I grow up. Thanks for everything you did for me Mike.

Gales: (Martin) 6 handicap my ass...this guy has some golf game. When he strolls up to the golf course at 6:50am and our tee time was at 6:51am, I just knew he was experienced at playing golf hungover. The look on his face and the color of his eyes was simply priceless when he arrived at the course. Bigs helped him out a ton when he started passing out beers on the 1st hole.

BrockGuy: SUN KING?? Your stupid Irish ass singles Sun King in the all stakes pick 4. Zito sent me a text message 5 minutes ago letting me know he just crossed the finish line. It was GRAND hanging out and drinking beers with you.

Jamie: I can only imagine the thoughts going through peoples minds at the airport last night as they walked by these two poor bums sprawled out on the terminal floor. We were so damn pathetic.

Mr. Billy Downes Sr.: I know he won't be on here to read this, but when I come to Arlington...the beers are on you.

John: Did we ever come up with an age on those 2 blondes? Would their age have really mattered??

GenRisk: What a doll...an absolute doll. So glad we finally got a chance to meet. She is everything I imagined and more.

Lack of sleep and significant less brain cells than from what I started with last Wed. morning prevent me from being able to go much further. There were so many more other people that I met and can't say enough nice things about, but you know whow you are.

Thanks again to everyone for everything and a wonderful vacation.

GPK
Old 07-30-2007, 04:09 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Back at CD, a few days before Sumwon shipped, I put in a good work for you with Cherie, and this is what you do with it? Kev, Kev, Kev ....

Oh yeah...I got news of the good "word" you put in for me
Old 07-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Oh yeah...I got news of the good "word" you put in for me
Hey - I didn't tell her she'd have to watch out for your eyes!

Cherie's tough and smart. She's going to be a great trainer some day.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
There is just simply not enough room on Derby Trail to tell all the stories from this weekend.

Thanks a bunch to Steve for putting up with a few of us loud mouth drunks so close to the BBQ stand. You are a very gracious host and thanks so much for the gift.

The rest of the crew:

Scavs: my boy..great to finally meet you in person. What a highlight reel this guy is. When he wasn't cashing tickets...you would never know he was around..but, when he hit...the whole Saratoga race track knew it. "BOOM BABY!!! I'M BACK!!!"

Hooves: The most chill guy I know. It was great to see you again this year. Mrs. Hooves has to be the sweetest lady on the face of the earth. What a fantastic couple they are.

Steve Dellinger: I don't even know what to say bro I absolutely knew you and I would get along. You and I...just a couple of simple guys that like to pound beers and have a good time. The whole Siro's thing...yeah...lets not even talk about that

SatansTwin: The biggest surprise to me. I had very little contact with Barney before Wednesday, but folks...let me tell you. This f*cking guy is unreal. I would need the Steve Byk dictionary of superlatives to describe him. Hand's down one of the greatest humans beings I have ever met. This guy treated me like he had known me forever, so incredibly generous...words do this guy no justice. Thanks for everything you did for me bro.

Ateam: Joey..oh man. Thank God that Augie's didn't have Jager...we would still be passed out there now. 6 wide...and we still missed that f*cker...we suck dude. Brooklyn is now at the top of my list of places to see...I gotta see how you roll. One more thing....NO...NO...NONONONONONONONONONO

BigsMC: Add this guy to the list of nicest people you will ever meet. Was incredibly kind enough to come pick me up at the airport Wed. morning, even though we had never met face to face. This guy simply has it going on. Great wife and 2 ADORABLE little girls. I wanna be like this guy when I grow up. Thanks for everything you did for me Mike.

Gales: (Martin) 6 handicap my ass...this guy has some golf game. When he strolls up to the golf course at 6:50am and our tee time was at 6:51am, I just knew he was experienced at playing golf hungover. The look on his face and the color of his eyes was simply priceless when he arrived at the course. Bigs helped him out a ton when he started passing out beers on the 1st hole.

BrockGuy: SUN KING?? Your stupid Irish ass singles Sun King in the all stakes pick 4. Zito sent me a text message 5 minutes ago letting me know he just crossed the finish line. It was GRAND hanging out and drinking beers with you.

Jamie: I can only imagine the thoughts going through peoples minds at the airport last night as they walked by these two poor bums sprawled out on the terminal floor. We were so damn pathetic.

Mr. Billy Downes Sr.: I know he won't be on here to read this, but when I come to Arlington...the beers are on you.

John: Did we ever come up with an age on those 2 blondes? Would their age have really mattered??

GenRisk: What a doll...an absolute doll. So glad we finally got a chance to meet. She is everything I imagined and more.

Lack of sleep and significant less brain cells than from what I started with last Wed. morning prevent me from being able to go much further. There were so many more other people that I met and can't say enough nice things about, but you know whow you are.

GPK
I second everything...Hooves' girl even gave the ole' Scav a smooch before he left. That was the cherry on the chocolate ice cream

Oh, THERE IS SUN KING. COME ON SUN KING, COME ON SUN KING!!!

For the record, Billy Downes Sr. got home OK AND he was at his customary seat this morning, bright and early at 11am at Trackside OTB. I know this because I was there also
Old 07-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Keeneland

Scavs, I sure hope you, especially, get in on the next two DT horses, because having you there makes it incredibly fun, and is certainly worth the price of admission
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Scavs, I sure hope you, especially, get in on the next two DT horses, because having you there makes it incredibly fun, and is certainly worth the price of admission
Not sure. I am HIGHLY considering quitting my job on Wednesday thus funds will not to be spread around for the next year as I want a sabbatical, or whatever they call them.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
And it just aint me. You guys should have seen Bigsmc's little girls faces light up when they saw Sumwon. They are used to horses because Bigsmc is a baller and owns like 400 horses but they were just awesome. I can't remember which one as far as names, but the 6 year became my favorite 6 year old when she was rocking some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. Anyone and I mean anyone that rocks that goes up on the Scav's list of favorite people
Old 07-30-2007, 05:59 PM
The Curragh

One week down and five to go...GPK, thanks for the beer yesterday...Cajun you seemed to be holding up real well after your multiple late nights out partying...you both should try to get back up again this meet.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK

The rest of the crew:

GPK

Those guys are the reason that weekends at Arlington are as much fun as they are. Sounds like you guys had a crazy time and I look forward to Dell, Barney, Marzak, etc sharing the stories
Old 07-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Havre de Grace

Thank You,Folks, for all the updates and stories! Best part of my day
Old 07-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK

The rest of the crew:

GPK

you are too much...

lol, every hottie that walked by your eyes followed for miles. It was sooo funny.

I had the pleasure of seeing a 8 2 9.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payson Dave
One week down and five to go...GPK, thanks for the beer yesterday...Cajun you seemed to be holding up real well after your multiple late nights out partying...you both should try to get back up again this meet.

lol... at least she didnt have to work 9:30 - 6 at the Cue.

OMG I was a zombie on Sunday... thanks cajun, sniper, ateam and blackthroat.

On another note, it is impossible to play these races at toga.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
And it just aint me. You guys should have seen Bigsmc's little girls faces light up when they saw Sumwon. They are used to horses because Bigsmc is a baller and owns like 400 horses but they were just awesome. I can't remember which one as far as names, but the 6 year became my favorite 6 year old when she was rocking some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. Anyone and I mean anyone that rocks that goes up on the Scav's list of favorite people

Scav dude, you and Bigs are baller's. Ateam and I are gangsta. It was a pleasure hanging out with you. I just wish I hadnt been workin' soo much!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:55 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
lol... at least she didnt have to work 9:30 - 6 at the Cue.

OMG I was a zombie on Sunday... thanks cajun, sniper, ateam and blackthroat.

On another note, it is impossible to play these races at toga.
You are right...I'd be better off spending my $$ on pork sandwiches at the BBQ...Was good meeting ya.. I'll stop by for a bite to eat later this week
Old 07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payson Dave
You are right...I'd be better off spending my $$ on pork sandwiches at the BBQ...Was good meeting ya.. I'll stop by for a bite to eat later this week
Very true!