Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2024, 04:11 PM
The Curragh

Default ROI Results 3/23 @ Fair Grounds

Two players figured out the Fair Grounds card and everyone else was Lost In The Fog. Track
Phantom and Best Actor derailed a few bets and while there were a few longshots hitting the
board none of our favorite's be damned players could find them. Cal and IH came close to some
good payouts but couldn't quite find the right horses or sequences. Two tickets were cashed.
Indian Hemp waited for the feature race to make his move and hit a nice superfecta box worth
$277.94. IH made a nice try in race 10 also with a sweet pick hitting the board but that fourth
horse proved elusive. All and all Indian Hemp had a strong bid for an ROI repeat but his $177.94
profit fell a little short. This win this week at the Fair Grounds goes to Joly B. He played an
exacta array in race 11 and it hit for $11.90 and JB had it 25 times. The profit of $197.50 was
enough to hold off the charge of IH and gave JB his first win of the year after 3 runnerup
finishes. Congrats on the win Joly. Nicely played. Following are the unofficial results pending any
illegal hip tackles.From what I read nobody knows exactly what that is so I suggest you check
your scores. See you next week at ???? There is a Derby prep next Saturday but let's keep
real quiet about it until our point winner makes it official. It won't be me.

WIN... Joly B... +$197.50... R 11: $25 Ex: 5,6 / 5,6,7 $11.90 X 25... $297.50

PLACE... Indian Hemp... +$177.94... R 12 20c SUP BOX 5 7 10 11 12... $277.94

Cruzan -$100.00

Cal828 -$100.00

Zippy -$100.00

Ruffian -$100.00

NJ Stinks -$100.00

Digger -$100.00

Real Quiet -$100.00
Old 03-25-2024, 04:32 PM
Havre de Grace

Actually, there are two Derby Preps this coming weekend and hopefully we can play both.
Old 03-25-2024, 05:04 PM
The Curragh

I did miss the Florida Derby. The points winner will have a decision to make.
Old 03-25-2024, 05:54 PM
Oriental Park

There's even one more Derby prep for those who like to get up early. The UAE Derby is Race 5 on the Dubai World Cup day, also commonly called the 17:50, which translates to 9:50 AM Eastern time if I've done the international time zones correctly. Its entrants include the undefeated Japanese runner Forever Young.

The time of the Dubai races makes it totally unrealistic for our contest use, but someday there may be a Derby winner coming out of Dubai - interestingly, this year Godolphin doesn't have any entrants in the UAE Derby.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:55 PM
Lincoln Fields

NICE WIN JOLYB...GOOD JOB!!! Thanks for scoring Pete...appreciate it!!!
Old 03-28-2024, 01:07 AM
Hawthorne

Just want to mention that I'm in Melbourne and I may go to Flemington on Saturday. It's Australia Day and it's their 2nd biggest day of the year after the Melbourne Cup in November. (It's late fall here.) Only thing holding me back is my girlfriend is not into racing and it could be a crowd of 100,000 which may be make it no fun for her. But I'm looking at a once in a lifetime shot so....
Anyway, we are on a tour of Australia and New Zealand. We'll be away until the Sunday before the Derby. I want to keep playing on Saturdays here but if I miss you will know why.

Nice handicapping Joly B and Indian Hemp!
Old 03-28-2024, 10:01 AM
Havre de Grace

Reminds me of a song by Brad Paisley about a guy making a choice between his wife or girlfriend and fishing. I think it was fishing that won out. Humorous song. My wife and I differed on which gambling poison we preferred. Of course mine was horses and hers was the bandits so we compromised from time to time and headed to Vegas where we both could indulge to our hearts content.

On another subject, I admire your courage in taking that long plane ride to Australia. I'm usually ready for someone to shoot me after only a four hour flight to Vegas. Of Course, I realize that the planes that make those marathon trips like to Hawaii and Australia are probably much more comfortable than flying on Southwest. Good luck, if you are able to make it to the races down under.