Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Kasept's Avatar
Kasept Kasept is offline
Steve Byk
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich, NY
Posts: 36,255
Default 2/8-10 (CD): Kentucky Derby Future Wager (Pool 1)

KENTUCKY DERBY FUTURE WAGER 2013 Pool 1

Morning Line odds by Mike Battaglia

1. Capo Bastone - 30-1
2. Code West - 50-1
3. Delhomme - 30-1
4. Denís Legacy - 30-1
5. Dynamic Sky - 30-1
6. Falling Sky - 30-1

7. Flashback -15-1
8. Frac Daddy - 50-1
9. Goldencents - 20-1
10. Heís Had Enough - 50-1
11. Itsmyluckyday - 15-1
12. Mylute - 30-1

13. Normandy Invasion - 20-1
14. Overanalyze - 15-1
15. Oxbow - 20-1
16. Revolutionary - 20-1
17. Shanghai Bobby - 12-1
18. Super Ninety Nine - 20-1

19. Uncaptured - 20-1
20. Verrazano - 15-1
21. Violence - 12-1
22. Vyjack (g) - 20-1
23. Will Take Charge - 30-1
24. All Others - 9-5

(g) - gelding
__________________
All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind. -- Joseph Conrad
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,221
Default

where are Fire and Rain, and Little Distorted ?
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
hi_im_god's Avatar
hi_im_god hi_im_god is offline
Oriental Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
where are Fire and Rain, and Little Distorted ?
#24.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
NTamm1215 NTamm1215 is offline
Havre de Grace
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
where are Fire and Rain, and Little Distorted ?
These are Derby futures, not April N1X races at Keeneland.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
helicopter11's Avatar
helicopter11 helicopter11 is offline
Woodbine
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
where are Fire and Rain, and Little Distorted ?
Why do you care about these horses? Shouldn't you be excited on the 20-1 you are getting on Revolutionary.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 PM
cassie cassie is offline
Monmouth Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 772
Smile

any suggestions for exactas for pool1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-2013, 02:20 PM
santana santana is offline
Ellis Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 499
Default

I Will Be Surprised If Flashback Is 15-1.....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-08-2013, 03:19 PM
tjfla tjfla is offline
Aqueduct
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Any chance all 23 don't even make the Derby? All of these horses have to either finish 1 or 2 in a big race to even qualify,what happens if we get 4 of these pool horses in the FL Derby or Arkansas Derby? It gonna leave 2 in each race with 40 points or less total

I know it makes alot more sense but the new points thing has taken me out of these early races since have no clue if they will even make it
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Aly-Sheba's Avatar
Aly-Sheba Aly-Sheba is offline
Turf Paradise
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Out West
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
KENTUCKY DERBY FUTURE WAGER 2013 Pool 1

Morning Line odds by Mike Battaglia

1. Capo Bastone - 30-1
2. Code West - 50-1
3. Delhomme - 30-1
4. Denís Legacy - 30-1
5. Dynamic Sky - 30-1
6. Falling Sky - 30-1

7. Flashback -15-1
8. Frac Daddy - 50-1
9. Goldencents - 20-1
10. Heís Had Enough - 50-1
11. Itsmyluckyday - 15-1
12. Mylute - 30-1

13. Normandy Invasion - 20-1
14. Overanalyze - 15-1
15. Oxbow - 20-1
16. Revolutionary - 20-1
17. Shanghai Bobby - 12-1
18. Super Ninety Nine - 20-1

19. Uncaptured - 20-1
20. Verrazano - 15-1
21. Violence - 12-1
22. Vyjack (g) - 20-1
23. Will Take Charge - 30-1
24. All Others - 9-5

(g) - gelding
Steve,
I bet you like the 99-1 that Den's Legacy is holding steady at!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Kasept's Avatar
Kasept Kasept is offline
Steve Byk
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich, NY
Posts: 36,255
Default

FINAL POOL ODDS (Opening/Final)

Capo Bastone 30/1 50
Code West 50/1 50
Delhomme 30/1 50
Den's Legacy 30/1 70
Dynamic Sky 30/1 50
Falling Sky 30/1 99

Flashback 15/1 12
Frac Daddy 50/1 60
Goldencents 20/1 20
He's Had Enough 50/1 50
Itsmyluckyday 15/1 13
Mylute 30/1 99

Normandy Invasion 20/1 15
Overanalyze 15/1 30
Oxbow 20/1 25
Revolutionary 20/1 13
Shanghai Bobby 12/1 14
Super Ninety Nine 20/1 45

Uncaptured 20/1 40
Verrazano 15/1 11
Violence 12/1 13
Vyjack 20/1 45
Will Take Charge 30/1 60
All Other Three Year Olds 9/5 8/5
__________________
All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind. -- Joseph Conrad
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Kasept's Avatar
Kasept Kasept is offline
Steve Byk
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich, NY
Posts: 36,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly-Sheba View Post
Steve,

I bet you like the 99-1 that Den's Legacy is holding steady at!!
Yes! I took a little.. Plus Code West, My Lute and Will Take Charge..
__________________
All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind. -- Joseph Conrad
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:09 PM
RockHardTen1985 RockHardTen1985 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
FINAL POOL ODDS (Opening/Final)

Capo Bastone 30/1 50
Code West 50/1 50
Delhomme 30/1 50
Den's Legacy 30/1 70
Dynamic Sky 30/1 50
Falling Sky 30/1 99

Flashback 15/1 12
Frac Daddy 50/1 60
Goldencents 20/1 20
He's Had Enough 50/1 50
Itsmyluckyday 15/1 13
Mylute 30/1 99

Normandy Invasion 20/1 15
Overanalyze 15/1 30
Oxbow 20/1 25
Revolutionary 20/1 13
Shanghai Bobby 12/1 14
Super Ninety Nine 20/1 45

Uncaptured 20/1 40
Verrazano 15/1 11
Violence 12/1 13
Vyjack 20/1 45
Will Take Charge 30/1 60
All Other Three Year Olds 9/5 8/5

I put $40 into this thing. 20$ on Super Ninety Nine and Code West.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Dunbar's Avatar
Dunbar Dunbar is offline
The Curragh
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,858
Default

These will-pays should be pretty close:

Horse Will Pay
Capo Bastone $118.00
Code West $114.00
Delhomme $113.20
Den's Legacy $156.60
Dynamic Sky $110.00
Falling Sky $230.80
Flashback $26.40
Frac Daddy $139.00
Goldencents $43.40
He's Had Enough $102.60
Itsmyluckyday $28.80
Mylute $249.20
Normandy Invasion $33.00
Overanalyze $69.20
Oxbow $54.80
Revolutionary $29.00
Shanghai Bobby $31.40
Super Ninety Nine $97.20
Uncaptured $82.40
Verrazano $24.00
Violence $28.60
Vyjack $100.60
Will Take Charge $124.20
All Other 3 yr olds $5.20

--Dunbar
__________________
Curlin and Hard Spun finish 1,2 in the 2007 BC Classic, demonstrating how competing in all three Triple Crown races ruins a horse for the rest of the year...see avatar
photo from REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:39 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
These are Derby futures, not April N1X races at Keeneland.
I don't know, after Little Distorted's awesome race on Saturday, I think he is right on target for the KY Derby.
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,221
Default

Revolutionary did that to him in his first start. He looked a little gimpy after that maiden win. On Saturday, When he opened double digits, it was pretty clear he was gonzo. The way they bet him in his debut into the teeth of Revolutionary, they already know he's gone. I'm surprised they even ran. This is what happens when you run too fast too soon.
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 AM
NTamm1215 NTamm1215 is offline
Havre de Grace
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Revolutionary did that to him in his first start. He looked a little gimpy after that maiden win. On Saturday, When he opened double digits, it was pretty clear he was gonzo. The way they bet him in his debut into the teeth of Revolutionary, they already know he's gone. I'm surprised they even ran. This is what happens when you run too fast too soon.
Are you completely disregarding the trainer change from his debut to his 2nd start?

Mareina is an excellent trainer and Darrin Miller would have a hard time winning a dirt race with Cigar in his barn. Mareina had Little Distorted ready to roll first time out so that he could be sold afterwards. He got what he (and likely the owner) wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Scav Scav is offline
Saratoga
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northwest of The Chi
Posts: 16,013
Default

The horse that is most interesting to me so far is Orb. I really liked his last race and think he'll continue to get better. The major negative to him is that he is gonna have to run lights out to gain the points to get in.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Calzone Lord's Avatar
Calzone Lord Calzone Lord is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Are you completely disregarding the trainer change from his debut to his 2nd start?

Mareina is an excellent trainer and Darrin Miller would have a hard time winning a dirt race with Cigar in his barn. Mareina had Little Distorted ready to roll first time out so that he could be sold afterwards. He got what he (and likely the owner) wanted.
I completely agree with you on the trainer switch being a huge negative ... but something physical is likely wrong with Little Distorted.

He has run back to back performances that have been insanely dismal. Doubtful he is sound of wind and limb. Those were two pretty hardcore non-efforts.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Kasept's Avatar
Kasept Kasept is offline
Steve Byk
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich, NY
Posts: 36,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
The horse that is most interesting to me so far is Orb. I really liked his last race and think he'll continue to get better. The major negative to him is that he is gonna have to run lights out to gain the points to get in.
Shug said today that although he'd prefer an ALW start next, he'll likely send him in the Fountain of Youth (2/23).
__________________
All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind. -- Joseph Conrad
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Are you completely disregarding the trainer change from his debut to his 2nd start?

Mareina is an excellent trainer and Darrin Miller would have a hard time winning a dirt race with Cigar in his barn. Mareina had Little Distorted ready to roll first time out so that he could be sold afterwards. He got what he (and likely the owner) wanted.

point well taken
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.