Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Flemington

Default Tampa Bay Downs Opening Day

Janet Del Castillo looks pretty strong in the 5th.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
lol You got me. As I was scrolling through the pp's I was thinking this horse must be something because there are a few decent horses in here. Vegas should have a head to head bet between the 4 and 10.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I think she is really PG in drag:

Old 12-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Belmont Park

At least you can buy her book on how to accomplish this
Old 12-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
At least you can buy her book on how to accomplish this
I did.

I'm the only sucker on earth who would buy a book on how to train horses authored by Janet Del Castillo.

Everything she wrote - I just assume the opposite is true.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
lol You got me. As I was scrolling through the pp's I was thinking this horse must be something because there are a few decent horses in here. Vegas should have a head to head bet between the 4 and 10.
Yeah - you'd hate to risk a horse like that by running it for a tag.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
5'8".. but all man!

She makes Ida Paquette look like Rudy Rodriguez.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I did.

I'm the only sucker on earth who would buy a book on how to train horses authored by Janet Del Castillo.

Everything she wrote - I just assume the opposite is true.
I've never had the opportunity to meet her, but I'm hoping she is throwback hippie with the dankest, stickiest in all of Tampa...That would make a lot of sense, and endear me to her

Otherwise I'd be sadly disappointed.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:39 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
I've never had the opportunity to meet her, but I'm hoping she is throwback hippie with the dankest, stickiest in all of Tampa...That would make a lot of sense, and endear me to her

You are one sick son of a b*tch. God, I love you.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

I've seen her before, and I also saw how she sends out her horses. We were in the same race last year when I was down there and it was disgraceful. Horse looked like he could have survived in the South Pole with all the hair he had him, ended up heat stroking after the race also.

Come to think about it, it looked like the horse had some of those crusted rotting dreads that some of those hippies rock.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
You are one sick son of a b*tch. God, I love you.
Get yer asz down here!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Belmont Park

Actually a great betting race - the Filmmaker colt will take all the action, but Goncalves' mount 1st turf is as live as the day is long - and 8-1 may well hold up...like the 2 an awful bit as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Louisiana Downs

Its nice to have a morning line odds maker thats gives a horse like that a 50-1...most tracks would have that rat at 20-1 just so people don't think its an unbettable race because of that horse or even have it at 30-1 is just unrealistic and a disservice to the betting public
Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habersham000 View Post
Its nice to have a morning line odds maker thats gives a horse like that a 50-1...most tracks would have that rat at 20-1 just so people don't think its an unbettable race because of that horse or even have it at 30-1 is just unrealistic and a disservice to the betting public
I can't say that I don't love running against her horses down there, but all she does is clutter up a full entry box, in regards to their turf races down there.

LOL, 37 entered in a 2 year old MSW Turf race and 19 entered in a 5f stakes race, and they can only go 10 deep, and they aren't costing themselves money. WIDEN THE TURF COURSE or change something to be able to run 12 per race on the lawn.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:15 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
I can't say that I don't love running against her horses down there, but all she does is clutter up a full entry box, in regards to their turf races down there.

LOL, 37 entered in a 2 year old MSW Turf race and 19 entered in a 5f stakes race, and they can only go 10 deep, and they aren't costing themselves money. WIDEN THE TURF COURSE or change something to be able to run 12 per race on the lawn.
There is no excuse for them not to split that stakes except being cheap.

Obviously Del Castillo and others in the similar habit of running hopeless horses are nice to run against but it is ultra frustrating when you can't get in a race and there are 3 or 4 absolutely dogs in there.

The irony is that they will use 12 horses in grass stakes going long in and 14 horse fields in dirt stakes. This was explained why to me one time but the explanation was so ridiclous I immediately struck it from my mind. If the rails are down there is no reason to not run 12.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post

Obviously Del Castillo and others in the similar habit of running hopeless horses are nice to run against but it is ultra frustrating when you can't get in a race and there are 3 or 4 absolutely dogs in there.

The irony is that they will use 12 horses in grass stakes going long in and 14 horse fields in dirt stakes. This was explained why to me one time but the explanation was so ridiclous I immediately struck it from my mind. If the rails are down there is no reason to not run 12.
Doesn't Churchill only run 10 max in non-stake 5F turf sprints as well? And that course can obviously handle large fields.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post

Del Castillo, is actually on a normal hot streak for her, since 2008 she is 1 for 192 and since 1983, That is 27 great years of training she has won 58 races Yes, believe it or not with this record she does have a book published on training which I believe is titled the "Backyard Training" or something close to that. A couple years ago she had a horse called Shrimp Tempura which actullay had a good record. I always figured if it were trained by a normal everyday trainer we would of had another Zenyatta on our hands. By the way can someone explain to me how she would get assorted owners over that many years to give her horses to train?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTERGEE View Post
By the way can someone explain to me how she would get assorted owners over that many years to give her horses to train?
I don't know - but having read her book a while ago - she doesn't believe in a lot of different medications, vetting, and injections ... and doesn't think the race track is the best place to train a horse.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I don't know - but having read her book a while ago - she doesn't believe in a lot of different medications, vetting, and injections ... and doesn't think the race track is the best place to train a horse.
Does she believe in the easter bunny?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Does she believe in the easter bunny?
For a mere $700 - you can ask her that question and many others... as she'll divulge the secrets to her 1-for-192 training record since 2008..and how she has racked up 58 wins in 27 years of training.

http://www.horseinfo.com/info/people/castillo.html