Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Keeneland

She's an odd one who gives up when she's passed. That's why they always try for the front.Ironically she closed in her 1rst career race to break her maiden but got out of the gate late. I personally would like her to take an extended break and come back April/May of next year but that probably won't happen. She may simply have run out of conditions. Still a nice buy for 25K.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:25 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

if they left tampa bay with her and did the right thing they would be winning still..bet you know how things go...
Old 12-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Saratoga

They have run this girl into the ground, and I am not going to get into the reason why. I have heard plenty of stories about Dini. A horse like this could have gotten him 10 times the business if he would have spaced her races right and got her into the winner circle, which he could have done, instead, he has run her 11 friggin times this year, 3 of those starts off 14 days or less.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:20 AM
Gulfstream Park

i agree taylor madison could have been handled better in her career thus far! mike(dini) is a nice guy although heavy gambler. mike isnt hurting for business tho these days and definately is making money! he went from a guy having a stable full of bottom claimers to now having some very nice horses, hes definately got some money behind him as of late
Old 12-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Gulfstream Park

as far as zoe goes i heard her and larry sterling split and hes gonna ride@oaklawn which starts a little earlier this year. zoe was working horses in the mornings this summer and still looks terrific out there ona horse........i wish shed return to race riding but probaly unlikely, shes definately the better jock of the 2!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmeastar
I listened to a little bit of "Lady Luck"last night before I hit the mute button.I can't stand any of the TVG people and their senseless dribble.
For future reference, the word you wanted was 'drivel' - sounds nearly the same, different spelling.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearingdan_akaplaya
i agree taylor madison could have been handled better in her career thus far! mike(dini) is a nice guy although heavy gambler. mike isnt hurting for business tho these days and definately is making money! he went from a guy having a stable full of bottom claimers to now having some very nice horses, hes definately got some money behind him as of late
Playa things were much better for Dini earlier this year. His biggest owner by far has had all his assets (including his horseman's account) froze and is under investigation by the SEC and a Federal criminal investigation has also commenced. (there's a reported 10-15 million missing from a pension fund). A google search will give you all the details incuding a strip joint, etc. lol.