Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Default Great finish to DMR jock race

In case you missed it:

• Rosario and Bejarano combine to win the first five races of the day, leaving them tied 56-56
• Both get blanked from there until the final race on the card
• In the finale, Bejarano and Papa Lev strike the front in midstretch, only to be taken over by Valenzuela and Sammartino
• Just as it appears as if neither jock will win outright, Rosario and Tiz Argent come absolutely flying to nail Sammartino in the last stride by a short head
• Rosario wins the riding title by a hair, 57-56
Old 09-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Saratoga

Sounds exciting.

I missed the race cause I was still kicking myself for thinking JPs Gusto was beatable.

To the disgust of many I shall say it again... it sucked losing both Tyler and Talamo.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Oaklawn

everyone needs to go watch the reply. that was an amazing rally after getting crushed at the break. wow
Old 09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Clearly, the best finisher in the country. And he's probably the most difficult jock to pass in the lane, as well.

As a COMEDIC change of pace, I can offer Chantal's ride on the 9 in the 8th at WO
Old 09-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man View Post
Clearly, the best finisher in the country. And he's probably the most difficult jock to pass in the lane, as well.

As a COMEDIC change of pace, I can offer Chantal's ride on the 9 in the 8th at WO
I don't know if you're kidding or not, but one thing for sure is he tries hard every time, and rides hard too.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootdog1 View Post
everyone needs to go watch the reply. that was an amazing rally after getting crushed at the break. wow

he did close unbelievably, but I think the break actually helped ( or didn't hurt ) due to the pace of the race.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla View Post
I don't know if you're kidding or not, but one thing for sure is he tries hard every time, and rides hard too.
I don't think he's kidding. Rosario is tons the best of that colony. That's not saying much, but still.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla View Post
How many finish better than Rosario? Gomez? Okay, I would agree that Gomez probably finishes better than anyone. Beyond him the list is small. Rosario is one of the best in the US in the lane.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Coach Pants

He won with a horse that wasn't on the pace in a turf race at Del Mar?

The horse was trained by Sadler? And it still won? OMFG!!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
How many finish better than Rosario? Gomez? Okay, I would agree that Gomez probably finishes better than anyone. Beyond him the list is small. Rosario is one of the best in the US in the lane.
I wasn't disagreeing with the statement, and I was rooting for Joel. Just wondering if TFM was kidding or not.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
I think that, at one time, Gomez was a better finisher. This is no longer the case and I, firmly, believe that Rosario is the best finisher presently. This is because Gomez has gone more to the Desormeaux type finish, the twirling of the reins, as oppose to the grabbing a hold and going all out to the wire. I don't ride so I can only surmise what the twirling is meant to do: probably an attempt to get the horse in a steady stride by correctly positioning the bit. The problem with this is some jocks, in particular Gomez, go overboard with it and never get to actually DRIVING a horse, as they're too busy twirling. Rosario, on the other hand, takes a tight hold, goes to pumping for the most part, and sticking when warranted, and keeps the horse in a FLOW. He keeps them as straight as anyone and they don't lose stride as he is very good at keeping them on the correct lead. The jocks that I saw ride and stand out in my mind, like Cordero, Pincay, and Antley, were definitely NOT twirlers.

Tell you this much, if Rosario is on the 9 in the 8th at WO yesterday, the horse would've won for fun. Ditto for any number of horses Lezcano rode at SAR.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man View Post
Rosario, on the other hand, takes a tight hold, goes to pumping for the most part, and sticking when warranted, and keeps the horse in a FLOW. He keeps them as straight as anyone and they don't lose stride as he is very good at keeping them on the correct lead.
WTF? How has this done a 180? I need a V8.

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/sho...raight+stretch

Originally Posted by the_fat_man
I realize there was thread about this PUNK recently but having just watched today's 5th at SA, I can't help starting another one.

Can this MOFO ever finish?

Is there ever a time when he's going to be able to KEEP A HORSE STRAIGHT IN THE LANE?

Dixieland Pop WINS with a jock that is able to KEEP HER STRAIGHT. Rosario is the Channing Hill of the west. His horses ALWAYS seem to be swerving in and out in the lane. He can't outfinish anyone.

You bust a horse RIGHTY upon immediately entering the stretch and it's going to DUCK IN. Takes only a few times of seeing this on replays to GET IT. Why, then, do jocks like Rosario, who actually EXPERIENCE IT, not get it?

Get the douche a gym membership. Pump some ****in iron. It sucks riding like a bitch.