Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-09-2015, 05:05 AM
Santa Anita

Default Delaware Park Contest: Saturday, June 13th

Hi everybody. Delaware is having a handicapping contest this weekend. Hope to see you there. Details below from Racing Information Coordinator, Chris Sobocinski:

Just a reminder - the third Delaware Park horse racing handicap contest of the year is Saturday, June 13.

The tracks for the contest are Delaware, Belmont, Monmouth, Woodbine, Gulfstream, and Parx.

We will start taking entries at 10 am on the first floor clubhouse across from the Player Rewards/Program booth.

The handicap contest will be conducted the same as the Monthly Contests, but with a few changes. They are as follows:

o Prizes will only be monetary. First prize, does not include a seat, room and airfare to the Horse Player World Series in Las Vegas.

o The entry fee is $100. It used to be $40 for the monthly tournaments. The bankroll will remain $100. The betting format, $10 minimum per race (No maximum) restricted to WPS on the contest tracks will remain the same. Participant must wager on minimum of 10 races (No maximum) will remain the same.

o 100% of the entry fees will be returned to players in prize money.

Below short recap of key points:
o $100 entry fee/ $100 bankroll
o Only win, place and show wagers on contest designated tracks
o Must wager on minimum of 10 races (No maximum)
o $10 minimum wager per race (No Maximum)
o Participant with the highest total after last race is the winner
o No seat, room and airfare to Horse Player World Series in Las Vegas

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you soon,
Chris Sobocinski
Racing Information Coordinator
Delaware Park
ph - 302-994-2521 ext. 7383
email - chris.sobocinski@delawarepark.com
Old 06-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Woodbine

Used to be that they'd have one or two larger contests a year, where your stake was a little more ($200, with a minimum of 10 races and a minimum of $20 bet per race) but they'd pay back the $100 entry fee for 11th to 50th place. Since I never did better than 12th place, I liked the chance to at least get my entry fee back. With the current format, getting part of the prize money requires more skills than a casual gambler like me possesses.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRoll View Post
Used to be that they'd have one or two larger contests a year, where your stake was a little more ($200, with a minimum of 10 races and a minimum of $20 bet per race) but they'd pay back the $100 entry fee for 11th to 50th place. Since I never did better than 12th place, I liked the chance to at least get my entry fee back. With the current format, getting part of the prize money requires more skills than a casual gambler like me possesses.
Yeah I went to those too and I really liked them. Hopefully they will return someday. They had scaled back the tournament offerings recently. I still like the format, but I agree that the higher wager of the old "Major" contests and the different prize structure was even better.

The live money format with no limit on the races, minimum and no maximum does make it interesting and the tournament leaders have to remain engaged since they can often still be caught.