Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Idlewild Airport

Default Why Not Andromeda's Hero?

I think its time this horse got up and won a big race. Saturday may well be the day. This is not the sharpest group of other horses going in this race. I'm not sold on Invasor. And on the sheets, he's simply a tiny bit slower than some horses in here who are going to be 2-1 and 5-2.

I didn't go in trying to find a price in this race, but this is a very good spot for this horse. He's a large play on Saturday.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Saratoga

You know what is crazy is I thought the exact same thing about Noble Causeway, I love the jock switch to Javy....
Old 06-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Del Mar

I like Noble Causeway much better. He is a real racehorse who has just had some unfortunate physical ailments. Andromedas Hero is nothing but a plodder, always ready to pass dead tired horses but never threatening the top 1 or 2.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:58 AM
oracle80

Wild Desert is going to win this race, absolutely will win it. Dutrow loved this horse last out(I did not, I liked Gouldings who is a very nice horse) and was sure he would win. I got very lucky to have Gouldings get up that day. Wild had to make several moves into the teeth of a fast pace and had to stop and start a few times and was still narrowly beaten. After the race I turned to Lansdon and said man did I get lucky, Wild was much the best.
He needed that start and since then has trained awesomely. He drew the rail which is a HUGE advantage at this distance which starts on a turn. Make sure you key him in your gimmicks.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:03 AM
eurobounce

Wild Desert--nope, he falls short against the pathetic field. A race VOID of speed. Invasor will be tough, but watch out for Noble Causeway.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:07 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
Wild Desert--nope, he falls short against the pathetic field. A race VOID of speed. Invasor will be tough, but watch out for Noble Causeway.
Euro, Wild is the speed and he drew the one hole. Catch him if you can.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:21 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Euro, Wild is the speed and he drew the one hole. Catch him if you can.
I know, but there is no way, IMO, that he lasts. He has no choice but to go for the lead since he is in the one hole. I think the horse would prefer to be on the outside.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
I like Noble Causeway much better. He is a real racehorse who has just had some unfortunate physical ailments. Andromedas Hero is nothing but a plodder, always ready to pass dead tired horses but never threatening the top 1 or 2.
I'm glad you don't like him Tim. Good vibes.

And Mike I think Wild Desert will also run a nice race.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Del Mar

No problem Randall, and dont worry, the Mets will soon be back taking on those NL East slobs soon enough. Clearly exposed these last 3 nights. Good thing for them they have no competition in that poor excuse for a division and for that matter league.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
No problem Randall, and dont worry, the Mets will soon be back taking on those NL East slobs soon enough. Clearly exposed these last 3 nights. Good thing for them they have no competition in that poor excuse for a division and for that matter league.
I won't deny that the NL stinks in general....But isn't the goal to get to the World Series and then win it? They have an easier chance to get there and by the time they do, they will have made some moves to be a better team.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Del Mar

Good luck with your play Randall. There is a small tiny chance I may play this race but I doubt it. Going away to Hampton Beach, NH to see some relatives this weekend. There is a dog track which has simulcast of Belmont nearby but that is a longshot. Love the card though. Hit em good.

As far as the Mets go, I am really pulling for them to do well this year. How can you not like that crew? Between now and the playoffs they need to get involved in some tough games, going into the playoffs "soft" is never a good thing. Look at the Cards of 2004 and 2005, and the Mariners the year they won 120 games.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Randwyck

sweet...... my buddy loves the dog track, always bets a 1,3, 5 tri bx. he has
scored some big tris.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Gulfstream Park

To answer the original question, without a blazing pace, Andromeda's Hero has no shot. He has three speeds: slow, slower and even slower yet.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Washington Park

I'm really liking Wild Desert and Tap Day in here. Desert should get a nice trip around on the rail - not sure if he wants the lead though but he may inherit it. Tap Day makes his 3rd start of the year after winning at Bel last time, picks up Velazquez, ran 2nd here last year, and the running style fits!

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 06-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Churchill Downs

Andromeda's Hero is a one-paced stayer. He needs the horses in front of him to get really tired or get a distance like the REAL Jockey Club Gold Cup (2miles).

I don't see much speed in here, either, but I see Invasor dictating the pace, like he did in the Pimlico Special. And he does stay on, when the milers start to back up.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Saratoga

You guys just don't get it. Dutrow and whoever is riding Wild Dessert is SENDING TOMORROW for the exact reason that everyone is saying, no speed....This horse is going to open up a 2 length lead and hope to stay the whole way, no doubt in my mind.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Churchill Downs

I'm going to agree with some of you that Andromenas Hero is a one run horse that would need an ideal setup to win.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Churchill Downs

I'm going to agree with some of you that Andromenas Hero is a one run horse that would need an ideal setup to win.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Cunningham Racing

I hate Zito's horses in this race.....I think pretty much any of the rest of the field can win though...Zito's pair are both plodders
Old 07-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i agree about the zitos....
wild desert/invasor ex? maybe add in one of the plodders for a tri...