Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Danzig2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
The difference in Lava Man and the Midwest and East Coast contingent is at least the majority of the top horses this side of the country have traveled outside of their area and faced different competition.

Not giving Lava Man a prep at Belmont or Keeneland is going to backfire. Running him in the Hirsch is avoiding all challengers that matter. The horse might not be a fluke, but his connections sure are acting like he is.

I want the horse to compete with the best. What's left in California?
the majority of top east coast horses have shipped?? top ones? flower alley was the big pick all spring, he hasn't traveled. invasor ran in the pimlico special, and then twice in new york. he probably hasn't put any more miles on than lava man since last fall, with him going to the japan cup, and invasor to dubai--neither of them got a win, only frequent flier miles.
as for lack of competition in the hirsch, what do you consider the tin man?

what would a prep at keeneland (big sandy) or keeneland (polycrap) do as a prep for churchill??? o'neill said they plan to go to churchill weeks ahead of the bcc to get lava man acclimated. they've obviously learned from their mistakes last year, when he shipped twice in a row without success....i'd think he'd get a bit of a pass on that considering the state he was in just after his last race in cali before shipping!! they had to van him off the track due to exhaustion, and chose to ignore the signs and shipped...twice. oops...he hasn't missed a beat since.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:06 PM
BellamyRd.

What does OLD Brooklynite do?
I thought he retired at the age of 55
unless, of course, you're buying into his line of BS
anyone who mocks a brokendown horse
has no business being in the horse business
Old 08-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellamyRd.
What does OLD Brooklynite do?
I thought he retired at the age of 55
unless, of course, you're buying into his line of BS
anyone who mocks a brokendown horse
has no business being in the horse business
He may not be very respectful of other people's feeling about horses breaking down, but he does give me insight into the game especially when he gets Pedigree Ann all fired up. Then I get loss in a wealth of knowledge.

Furthermore, I've told all of the specific details of my credibility plus I have provided several websites at national competitions held three years ago in which I competed in and did very well in, and no I don't use books or manuals anymore. I don't have to. I have been a learner judge for the past three years. I won many savings bonds, scholarships, and gift certificates by winning at those two competitions also. In addition, the state of NC PAID for me to go to those competitions. So how about you? What have you done in the department? You are beating around the bush? What equine degree do you possess? I know of none that even have a class that specializes completely in conformation. You can't learn it in a semester. It takes years.

Better yet, I'll pick out a horse and you give me an in-depth conformation analysis of that horse. How form relates to function. I'll know right away if you are credible because you can't fake this kind of stuff. Certain aspects of it are in books, others take years of experience in working around and dealing with various kinds of horses with different conformation to learn. Actually, I already know your credibility because the fact that you said that it seemed as if I had copied it out of a book or a manual. Do you actually think the conformation analysis are printed up for all to see of Pleasant Colony and Magnum Psyche? Keep humoring me.

It was all over the place because I am tired and was quickly getting my words out.

Last edited by kentuckyrosesinmay : 08-29-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARHAGE
Well that is where personal opinions come in, to me Bernardini is absolutely the most beautiful horse I have seen in years, his build and his motion are awesome. I actually think a lot of TB's tend to be a little rangy and long headed ( hey, I'm an Arabian breeder) but every now and then you see a TB like Bernardini that has the beautifully shaped chiselled head, keen ears, set close together and a powerfully arched neck, just a beautiful horse. I absolutely love Barbaro as well, but if judging them in a halter class, it would be Bernardini, hands down.
I completely agree, Laharge. I didn't even consider that anyone would consider Bernardini anything less than stunning - there is a head shot in the Preakness issue of the Blood Horse that is absolutely spectacular. There's also a great pic in the Jim Dandy issue -the horse moves like he looks, like a dream. He's just a pleasure to look at and to watch.....
Old 08-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Hawthorne

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig2
sunday silence wasn't much of a looker either....good thing he never looked in the mirror, might have hurt his self esteem.

i havne't seen a conformation shot of bernardini. just know that he seems to move very well, which is more important anyway isn't it?

i'd rather have an ugly winner than a pretty loser!
Yes, Sunday Silence was very ugly, in fact pig-eyed, but I agree they look beautiful in the winners circle. I have a Tennessee Walker Stallion that I bought to breed to my Walking Horse mares, it took me a long time to find him because being also an Arabian breeder, I love a pretty horse. Walking horse people say you don't ride the head, but I wanted it all, my stallion is very nice looking for a Walker and he produces a small neat head instead of the old windshield type heads of the old time Walking Horses!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:23 PM
BellamyRd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
He may not be very respectful of other people's feeling about horses breaking down, but he does give me insight into the game especially when he gets Pedigree Ann all fired up. Then I get loss in a wealth of knowledge.

Furthermore, I've told all of the specific details of my credibility plus I have provided several websites at national competitions held three years ago in which I competed in and did very well in, and no I don't use books or manuals anymore. I don't have to. I have been a learner judge for the past three years. I won many savings bonds, scholarships, and gift certificates by winning at those two competitions also. In addition, the state of NC PAID for me to go to those competitions. So how about you? What have you done in the department? You are beating around the bush? What equine degree do you possess? I know of none that even have a class that specializes completely in conformation. You can't learn it in a semester. It takes years.

Better yet, I'll pick out a horse and you give me an in-depth conformation analysis of that horse. How form relates to function. I'll know right away if you are credible because you can't fake this kind of stuff. Certain aspects of it are in books, others take years of experience in working around and dealing with various kinds of horses with different conformation to learn. Actually, I already know your credibility because the fact that you said that it seemed as if I had copied it out of a book or a manual. Do you actually think the conformation analysis are printed up for all to see of Pleasant Colony and Magnum Psyche? Keep humoring me.

It was all over the place because I am tired and was quickly getting my words out.

The thread was supposed to be about Bernardini & Barbaro not you & I. I don't think anyone would have questioned your knowledge if you didn't try to come across like you knew everything. And if you are receiving horse racing insights, or insights of any kind from BB, you're hopeless indeed. From reading your posts, you have LOTS to learn before being able to go off on anyone about lack of horse racing knowledge. Keep learning, and be respectful. As far as ego goes, the sucessful people with big egos use it as self-motivation, and not to think of themselves better than others.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
The thread was supposed to be about Bernardini & Barbaro not you & I. I don't think anyone would have questioned your knowledge if you didn't try to come across like you knew everything. And if you are receiving horse racing insights, or insights of any kind from BB, you're hopeless indeed. From reading your posts, you have LOTS to learn before being able to go off on anyone about lack of horse racing knowledge. Keep learning, and be respectful. As far as ego goes, the sucessful people with big egos use it as self-motivation, and not to think of themselves better than others.
Well, I already know your credibility so the thread no longer matters. In all honesty, I'm not the most knowledgeable from this board on the topic. However, I specialized in the department of conformation analysis while I was a youth. Still, there is one other poster on this board that is better at it than me. Tell me what I have to learn, and then I will go learn it. I think I could easily turn this situation the other way around. I may be young, but I'm not stupid or ignorant. If you work around horses for awhile, you realize that you can never learn everything. Just because I say that I still have a lot to learn does not mean that I don't already have a vast overall knowledge of horses or the sport of horse racing. If I didn't, I wouldn't have won those educational hippology awards from Quarter Horse Congress, Southern Regionals, and Eastern Nationals. I wouldn't have been Horseman of the Year. We cover every kind of topic imaginable that deals with horses. Yes, we are asked in-depth questions about horse racing in those competitions as well. That was three year ago. I know a lot more now. It is ironic how someone such as yourself points out that I need to learn more.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:06 PM
BellamyRd.

Quote:
Well, I already know your credibility so the thread no longer matters. In all honesty, I'm not the most knowledgeable from this board on the topic. However, I specialized in the department of conformation analysis while I was a youth. Still, there is one other poster on this board that is better at it than me. Tell me what I have to learn, and then I will go learn it. I think I could easily turn this situation the other way around. I may be young, but I'm not stupid or ignorant. If you work around horses for awhile, you realize that you can never learn everything. Just because I say that I still have a lot to learn does not mean that I don't already have a vast overall knowledge of horses or the sport of horse racing. If I didn't, I wouldn't have won those educational hippology awards from Quarter Horse Congress, Southern Regionals, and Eastern Nationals. I wouldn't have been Horseman of the Year. We cover every kind of topic imaginable that deals with horses. Yes, we are asked in-depth questions about horse racing in those competitions as well. That was three year ago. I know a lot more now. It is ironic how someone such as yourself points out that I need to learn more.
that's not irony...go to lit class
quarter horses? go back to 4-H club little girl
and stop wasting my time
Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
that's not irony...go to lit class
quarter horses? go back to 4-H club little girl
and stop wasting my time
You just made a complete a s s of yourself as I knew you would. Actually you have been doing it for quite some time. I've having fun playing these mind games. Now everyone else knows the truth. LMAO.

Definition of Irony- The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.

An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

Also, if I am making you waste your time, then go get a real life. Go study. Go learn about horse racing and life. IMO, this entire thread clearly shows that you need to work on both.

Last edited by kentuckyrosesinmay : 08-29-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM
BellamyRd.

Quote:
You just made a complete a s s of yourself as I knew you would. Actually you have been doing it for quite some time. I've having fun playing these mind games. Now everyone else knows the truth. LMAO.

Definition of Irony- The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.

An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

Also, if I am making you waste your time, then go get a real life. Go study. Go learn about horse racing and life. IMO, this entire thread clearly shows that you need to work on both.
ok, sure...go bother someone else, you're tiring me
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

Actually Jessica, it shows that you need to work on both. I am absolutely speechless (doesn't happen often either) at the size of your head. Unbelievable... you're the only one on this thread that looks like an idiot.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Del Mar

Cat fight, cat fight, cat fight. Puuuurrrrrr.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Actually Jessica, it shows that you need to work on both. I am absolutely speechless (doesn't happen often either) at the size of your head. Unbelievable... you're the only one on this thread that looks like an idiot.
Why am I an idiot? Is it simply because I pointed out the obvious facts. Please explain to me how I misused the word irony. Come on. Enlighten me. I find it funny how all of you can call me out and attack me, but no one can seem to answer my questions. BR never showed me any credibility for all of his negative comments to me. Yet, when I did establish some credibility, it was said that I have an enormous ego. Besides I know a secret about you that I didn't want to get out. HINT: I show on the QH breed shows and another poster on here does to.

Last edited by kentuckyrosesinmay : 08-29-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARHAGE
Yes, Sunday Silence was very ugly, in fact pig-eyed, but I agree they look beautiful in the winners circle. I have a Tennessee Walker Stallion that I bought to breed to my Walking Horse mares, it took me a long time to find him because being also an Arabian breeder, I love a pretty horse. Walking horse people say you don't ride the head, but I wanted it all, my stallion is very nice looking for a Walker and he produces a small neat head instead of the old windshield type heads of the old time Walking Horses!
friend of ours has walkers, another lady we know breeds peruvian pasos....
lol @ not riding the head, true! i remember a horse a few years ago in grand prix. can't remember his name, or even who rode him, the horses nickname was jughead. it was like they took a warmblood and transplanted a draft horse head onto him. i tell ya, people were fitting that guy for a paper bag to wear!! but man oh man, that horse could jump.

the fact that palomino breeders sought color was almost their undoing, no one worried about the looks...yeah, shiny as a new coin, but ugly!! thankfully that's been turned around for the most part....

the most beautiful horse imo is the arabian. far and away!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander

lol

get all breakables out of the way!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
LOL. I love to rile people and it is so easy to do.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Why am I an idiot? Is it simply because I pointed out the obvious facts. Please explain to me how I misused the word irony. Come on. Enlighten me. I find it funny how all of you can call me out and attack me, but no one can seem to answer my questions. BR never showed me any credibility for all of his negative comments to me. Yet, when I did establish some credibility, it was said that I have an enormous ego. Besides I know a secret about you that I didn't want to get out. HINT: I show on the QH breed shows and another poster on here does to.
Interesting, I don't show on the QH circuit. I owned an appendix who I showed on the A circuit over ten years ago in the 3'6" amateur owner jumpers. I haven't had a horse in over 4 years since I gave him away to a friend in Jacksonville. And you did misuse the term "ironic." What I have a hard time understanding is how you say you're an "expert" on conformation analysis. Just a hint for you girl... 4-H is a lot different than the racing industry. I still haven't seen your analysis on Bernardini and Barbaro. Waiting...
Old 08-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
LOL. I love to rile people and it is so easy to do.
You're not riling me up.

I hope we have a chance to show against eachother one day. Riding is one thing that you won't ever beat me at. (I'm definitely no expert on conformation in thoroughbreds like YOU are.)
Old 08-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
You're not riling me up.

I hope we have a chance to show against eachother one day. Riding is one thing that you won't ever beat me at. (I'm definitely no expert on conformation in thoroughbreds like YOU are.)
Riding is one thing that I will never beat you at? Ha. How many champions have you trained? How much money have you and your horses won? How do you know if you are better than me? Have you ever seen me ride? Now you are resorting to the same tactics you accussed me of. I love the hypocracy in it all.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Riding is one thing that I will never beat you at? Ha. How many champions have you trained? How much money have you and your horses won? How do you know if you are better than me? Have you ever seen me ride? Now you are resorting to the same tactics you accussed me of. I love the hypocracy in it all.
I won't resort to bragging like you do. Don't really care enough about it since I have nothing to prove to you. And spellcheck, dear... hypocrisy.