Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2023, 04:36 PM
Hollywood Park

Default i dont know whos fault it is,, but shame on whoever is in charge

last weekend nest and clairier with 2 others
this week forte with 3 other,,
2 premiere races for the meet and a total of 8 horses combined? seriously? shame on the people in charge for putting on a unquality race day such as these 2,,,, people come here to see horse races,, not either match races or 4 horse fields
disgusting along with 10 bucks to get in
12 dollar buds
14 dollar hamburgers
25 dollar 4 cut personal pizzas and the kicker
25 bucks 4 a 4 piece chicken dinner 1 thigh,12 legs,, 1 breast although you do get a small cup of salad with it
what a disgrace
Old 07-25-2023, 05:02 PM
Belmont Park

I get it. The Haskell is an important race: a mil and a G1. Do you want Papa to ship to SPA vs. MP ? Do you want Chad not to defend with Search? The issue is too many GXs with too small a foal crop and too few trainers having talent, not the tracks.
Old 07-25-2023, 05:06 PM
Hollywood Park

Default like i said freddy

i dont know qhos fault it is its just a disgrace
Old 07-25-2023, 11:03 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I get it. The Haskell is an important race: a mil and a G1. Do you want Papa to ship to SPA vs. MP ? Do you want Chad not to defend with Search? The issue is too many GXs with too small a foal crop and too few trainers having talent, not the tracks.
I agree with this but wouldn't you have to blame the tracks for the races? You know, what I find interesting is that it really feels to me that the talent levels between graded stakes horses and allowance or even top level claimers is as thin as it's ever been so I would think you'd get more trainers to "take shots" in the graded stakes with horses that they wouldn't normally consider. Especially when it looks like a race is going to come up really light in numbers.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-26-2023, 05:48 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheoutside View Post
last weekend nest and clairier with 2 others
this week forte with 3 other,,
2 premiere races for the meet and a total of 8 horses combined? seriously? shame on the people in charge for putting on a unquality race day such as these 2,,,, people come here to see horse races,, not either match races or 4 horse fields
disgusting along with 10 bucks to get in
12 dollar buds
14 dollar hamburgers
25 dollar 4 cut personal pizzas and the kicker
25 bucks 4 a 4 piece chicken dinner 1 thigh,12 legs,, 1 breast although you do get a small cup of salad with it
what a disgrace
Aren’t you able to bring in your own food and drink if you want?
Old 07-26-2023, 07:33 AM
Hollywood Park

Default i guess what im trying to say

is,, if they priced there food and beverage to where people could afford it people wouldnt have to bring there own to track
and yes you are allowed to bring in food to answer you
i guess the prices hit me while i walked around the other day,,
Old 07-26-2023, 07:57 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I agree with this but wouldn't you have to blame the tracks for the races? You know, what I find interesting is that it really feels to me that the talent levels between graded stakes horses and allowance or even top level claimers is as thin as it's ever been so I would think you'd get more trainers to "take shots" in the graded stakes with horses that they wouldn't normally consider. Especially when it looks like a race is going to come up really light in numbers.
Hate to tell you all this but MP is hanging on by a thread. The hope is they get a hotel on the property now that the town is fighting. A friggin hotel isn't going to do much, and I would assume Drazen views it as a band-aid as well, but that is how dire things are. They owe HISA 1.X million and don't have the dough to pay them to boot. You have a busted Laurel with its 13th blue ribbon committee investigating its future. Losing MP and Laurel in the near future is real, not necessarily likely, but certainly real. Stop worrying about 14-dollar burgers and 4-horse Jim Dandy's at one of three or four places where the game is on solid footing. I get it 25 bucks for a basket of chicken sucks but there is a line for it of 30 people. The one-ounce shots are the biggest problem.

Dahoss, why would you take a shot with a colt if you know the likelihood of him being a stallion is unrealistic, even with a good showing? They will have a 140k allowance he could win coming up. the purses are so great IF you have a 90 BSF colt; you need not take a shot. Everyone at SPA is running horses below what they are capable of competing at not taking shots. Where is Blazing Sevens? I guess Chad is going to cut him back?
Old 07-26-2023, 08:45 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
is,, if they priced there food and beverage to where people could afford it people wouldnt have to bring there own to track
The food prices are ridiculous everywhere, including the supermarket. A pound of ground beef at Costco when you purchase 7 pounds at a time is four bucks a pound. You have to pay people 15 an hour in NY. How much is a 6 oz burger with fries supposed to be? Should you make the concessions a loss leader to get people in the door? Maybe? Augusta National can feed people for peanuts, but it's a week. Who else is giving food away? The NYRA staff and the backstretch workers need access to quality cheap food, patrons have to pay the going market.

I will gladly pay 25 bucks for Hatties, it's delicious and I look forward to it every year.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:34 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
I hear you, but food and drink prices are high at every sporting event you go to.

I'm sure the food places are doing well, so someone must be buying it.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:35 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Hate to tell you all this but MP is hanging on by a thread. The hope is they get a hotel on the property now that the town is fighting. A friggin hotel isn't going to do much, and I would assume Drazen views it as a band-aid as well, but that is how dire things are. They owe HISA 1.X million and don't have the dough to pay them to boot. You have a busted Laurel with its 13th blue ribbon committee investigating its future. Losing MP and Laurel in the near future is real, not necessarily likely, but certainly real. Stop worrying about 14-dollar burgers and 4-horse Jim Dandy's at one of three or four places where the game is on solid footing. I get it 25 bucks for a basket of chicken sucks but there is a line for it of 30 people. The one-ounce shots are the biggest problem.

Dahoss, why would you take a shot with a colt if you know the likelihood of him being a stallion is unrealistic, even with a good showing? They will have a 140k allowance he could win coming up. the purses are so great IF you have a 90 BSF colt; you need not take a shot. Everyone at SPA is running horses below what they are capable of competing at not taking shots. Where is Blazing Sevens? I guess Chad is going to cut him back?
Blazing Sevens ran in the Curlin last week.
Old 07-27-2023, 07:26 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Blazing Sevens ran in the Curlin last week.
So transfer him to Ms. Rice, and let's get cooking. I forgot he was unimpressive. Maybe we don't need the Curlin a few weeks before with this horse population?

Glad we are back to 1990 Nascar rules on the racetrack. Rubbin is Racing is so exciting. Maybe the jocks should carry knives and blunt instruments and fight with each other during the race? Peta won't care as long as the horses don't get hurt, and it would add another layer of handicapping. We can change the name of Aqueduct to the Coliseum. At least once Irad stabs Jose, HRT will give up on they are fixing races together.