Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
A positive jock switch distresses you? Thats a first.

Texas Fever and Massive Drama respectively. I love the worktabs on both of these, and if the price is right, will be backing them accordingly.
I was track side for this race and Massive Drama looked very dull, I wasn't impressed with him at all. Same for Bafferts maiden Sangaree, nothing special to look at and I would guess a money burner.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Fairgrounds

what a finish.... baffert at 52-1.... that doesn't happen often.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Oaklawn

Default wow

Asmussen had Z Fortune looking like a monster. Big and stacked up.
He was a real bear out there. Only a mile, but it wasn't just the style of bridle that reminded me of another Asmussen colt. Pedigree says cheap early speed, but must respect at any distance until he proves otherwise.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Jerome Park

Assmussen seems to have a lot of horses down there looking like monsters....especially in stakes races. What a trainer! His job in transforming Silver Lord into a monster, in just his fourth career start, should earn him immediate induction in the Hall of Fame.

It's really refreshing, in a game too often tainted by trainers who seem to spend more time serving suspensions than actually tending to their charges, to see a great and hard working horseman ascend to the top with just hay, oats, and water.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:31 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
Assmussen seems to have a lot of horses down there looking like monsters....especially in stakes races. What a trainer! His job in transforming Silver Lord into a monster, in just his fourth career start, should earn him immediate induction in the Hall of Fame.

It's really refreshing, in a game too often tainted by trainers who seem to spend more time serving suspensions than actually tending to their charges, to see a great and hard working horseman ascend to the top with just hay, oats, and water.
Thanks, my computer monitor just melted from all the sarcasm dripping off this post.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Les Bois

Why did three of the four handicappers in DRF (among others) have Z Fortune in this race? I just did not see it...was it purely the Asmussen angle? Made NO sense to me. Air Commander at 52-1 was more logical then this one.