Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Steve Byk

Default 'Promotion' moves Justenuffhumor from KMc

From NYRA Press Notes...

Coming off a third-place finish in the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile behind European super-filly Goldikova, Godolphin Racing LLC’s 4-year-old Justenuffhumor is heading to Dubai for a winter campaign under the supervision of trainer Saeed bin Suroor.

According to Artie Magnuson, assistant trainer to Kiaran McLaughlin, Justenuffhumor exited the Breeders’ Cup in fine fashion, as did Hatheer, who finished fourth in the Juvenile Fillies Turf.

“We’re very happy with thirds and fourths,” Magnuson said. “They both ran very well, we’re very happy. Justenuffhumor will go to Dubai with Godolphin now which is great stuff. That’s a good thing when they move over to the Godolphin team. That’s always a positive thing for the future. We’re just glad to be part of the process.”

Justenuffhumor ran eight times in 2009 for the McLaughlin camp, winning his first six races to start the year including the Grade 2 Fourstardave and Bernard Baruch at Saratoga.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Del Mar

It's really amazing watching them take horses away from KMc and Albertrani to never run the same again.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:52 PM
The Curragh

I guess I can cross Justenuffhumor off my watch list. Really enjoyed watching him develop this year.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Oriental Park

That’s always a positive thing for the future. We’re just glad to be part of the process.

Yeah, McLaughlin and Co. did a great job a few years ago prepping that son of Cobra King (the name escapes me) that won the Man O'War for a career as Godolphin pacemaker.

Justenuffhumor should make up for the botched job they did with Etched.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Idlewild Airport

How did Discreet Cat run in Dubai?
Old 11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi
That’s always a positive thing for the future. We’re just glad to be part of the process.

Yeah, McLaughlin and Co. did a great job a few years ago prepping that son of Cobra King (the name escapes me) that won the Man O'War for a career as Godolphin pacemaker.

Justenuffhumor should make up for the botched job they did with Etched.

Lunar Sovereign. Was one of my very favorite horses around that time from his very first NA start -- the Man O'War was about the highlight of my year that year.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
If the Dubai Duty Free is run on the Dubai World Cup night at 1 1/8, then this makes sense.
He will get pounded in that race or any other race they run him in over there. He'll be back in maroon by June of next year IMO.

NT
Old 11-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Why? Most of the criticism of their horses have been about their dirt horses.
Its not mentioned in the blurb what the long range goal is. If the horse is supposed to compete in Europe, post-Dubai, he's gonna get buried.

If he's just going for 1 or 2 starts and then heading back to the States, then he'll basically have a sparse, belated NA campaign.

Will he even be competitive in Dubai in a deep international race? Maybe, but he hasn't won at the Grade 1 level, and as nice as that 3rd in the Mile was ultimately he was no threat to the winner or the 20-1 runner-up for that matter.

In typical Godolphin fashion, they're throwing a monkey wrench in this horse's attempt to develop into a top horse (in NA). And from here it just looks like they want to pad their "Murderer's Row" (really worked well at the BC) for the Dubai Carnival.

This horse would have dead aim on races like the Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, and Manhattan if he wintered here. Who knows, by summer he might have had the Arlington Million in his sights, too.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi
Its not mentioned in the blurb what the long range goal is. If the horse is supposed to compete in Europe, post-Dubai, he's gonna get buried.

If he's just going for 1 or 2 starts and then heading back to the States, then he'll basically have a sparse, belated NA campaign.

Will he even be competitive in Dubai in a deep international race? Maybe, but he hasn't won at the Grade 1 level, and as nice as that 3rd in the Mile was ultimately he was no threat to the winner or the 20-1 runner-up for that matter.

In typical Godolphin fashion, they're throwing a monkey wrench in this horse's attempt to develop into a top horse (in NA). And from here it just looks like they want to pad their "Murderer's Row" (really worked well at the BC) for the Dubai Carnival.

This horse would have dead aim on races like the Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, and Manhattan if he wintered here. Who knows, by summer he might have had the Arlington Million in his sights, too.

All good points. I was really excited about this horse until now.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
How did Discreet Cat run in Dubai?
He beat Invasor and Well Armed when he won the UAE Derby.

Looked pretty tough.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Saratoga

Well this is about a week after the fact but I just now noticed his name was no longer on the Godolphin site and had missed it...

For his fans, if he still has any.

Returning to McLaughlin’s barn next week is Darley Stable’s Justenuffhumor, who spent the winter in Dubai following a third-place showing in the Grade 1 Breeders’ Cup Turf Mile at Santa Anita last fall.

http://www.horseraceinsider.com/blog...-april-9-2010/
Old 04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

O/T, but is Goldikova still in training?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Saratoga

Yeah she's staying in training!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
Yeah she's staying in training!
What a cool mare. Seems to me she doesn't get the same level of recognition that, say, Ouija Board got.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
What a cool mare. Seems to me she doesn't get the same level of recognition that, say, Ouija Board got.
Ouija Board trotted the globe looking for the best races against males and females for at least 3 years. Goldlikova's accomplishments are certainly approaching any in quite awhile, so one more year may push her over that.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I just finished Lord Derby's book on Ouija Board, and while the mare was certainly a great one, how many times did she actually beat males? Twice? She actually had her butt handed to her on more than a few occasions. I'd think Goldikova should be in her league at this point among recent Euro fillies and mares.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
I just finished Lord Derby's book on Ouija Board, and while the mare was certainly a great one, how many times did she actually beat males? Twice? She actually had her butt handed to her on more than a few occasions. I'd think Goldikova should be in her league at this point among recent Euro fillies and mares.
I agree. A notch below Zarkava.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
O/T, but is Goldikova still in training?
I read in the DRF a few weeks ago that Goldikova is coming back in a race on the 23rd of May in France. THe G1 Prix d'Isphan at Longchamp.