Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Terminator, The Sarah Conner Chronicles

After watching the two part pilot, I'm hooked....excellent new show! The cast seems really well selected for their parts and this is a well-written show so far. Following in sequence after Terminator II (they seem to be pretending that III never happened...good idea seeing as how III sucked), the direction of James Cameron is dead on...this could be a major hit (or not as folks seem to avoid SF in mass). To me, the show has been stolen thus far by Summer Glau in her role of Cameron...write me off as a rabid Whedonverse fan but many of the blogs by on-line TV critics agree...she rocks!! I hope Fox continues to support this show, it's 18 million plus viewers for the first hour rank it as the biggest initial hit in 10 years...of course it didn't hurt to be broadcast immediately following the Dallas-Giant playoff game on Sunday. Monday's figures aren't in yet but obviously one expects a drop...still, it could compete with House as Fox's biggest hit series...or not! If you like Scifi, especially the Terminator series (I and II, don't hold III against it)...catch the show this Monday. Fox also has free on-line episodes at their site, they are currently showing part two of the pilot.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
After watching the two part pilot, I'm hooked....excellent new show! The cast seems really well selected for their parts and this is a well-written show so far. Following in sequence after Terminator II (they seem to be pretending that III never happened...good idea seeing as how III sucked), the direction of James Cameron is dead on...this could be a major hit (or not as folks seem to avoid SF in mass). To me, the show has been stolen thus far by Summer Glau in her role of Cameron...write me off as a rabid Whedonverse fan but many of the blogs by on-line TV critics agree...she rocks!! I hope Fox continues to support this show, it's 18 million plus viewers for the first hour rank it as the biggest initial hit in 10 years...of course it didn't hurt to be broadcast immediately following the Dallas-Giant playoff game on Sunday. Monday's figures aren't in yet but obviously one expects a drop...still, it could compete with House as Fox's biggest hit series...or not! If you like Scifi, especially the Terminator series (I and II, don't hold III against it)...catch the show this Monday. Fox also has free on-line episodes at their site, they are currently showing part two of the pilot.
Crap...misspelled Connor...good job, John
Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Santa Anita

Hey Somer. I really like this show. I am wondering who "Jennifer" is to John in the future. She seems to know alot about his life like that he liked when his mom read him The Wizard of Oz...

I am hooked also... Just so you know you are not alone.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
Hey Somer. I really like this show. I am wondering who "Jennifer" is to John in the future. She seems to know alot about his life like that he liked when his mom read him The Wizard of Oz...

================

How's the Thigh Master work going?....results?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:

All I know at this point is that the show is off to a good start and Summer is simply wonderful...that relationship could go a number of ways, time will tell!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by merasmag
who does carrot like tomorrow?

He goes by "G" this year. He hasn't looked at the races with me yet.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:

Well, after 3 episodes, I suspect John is thinking more along the lines of whether Cameron is anatomically correct...but she sure seems to know a lot about John's future self's personal life. Summer continues to move up my list of hottest members of the verse...between seeing her standing motionless, bloody ax in one hand and equally bloody sword in the other over the bodies of a couple dozen lifeless space cannibals and her cleaning out a bar single-handed with moves like that backward kick to the back of a skull, I was hooked but after three episodes of this show I can't seem to even recall the name of that over-muscled governor that used to come to mind when the word terminator was spoken!