Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-04-2016, 04:21 PM
helicopter11's Avatar
helicopter11 helicopter11 is offline
Woodbine
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,035
Default Patrick Valenzuela

Returns to riding at Ruidoso and wins on his first ride back.
Has he figured out the traveling salesman algorithm?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Indian Charlie's Avatar
Indian Charlie Indian Charlie is offline
Goodwood
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 8,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
Returns to riding at Ruidoso and wins on his first ride back.
Has he figured out the traveling salesman algorithm?
Last I heard, he was driving ambulances at race tracks in Ireland.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2016, 05:05 PM
cakes44's Avatar
cakes44 cakes44 is offline
Oaklawn
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,440
Default

Hard to believe he's only 53. Same as Stevens and only 2 years older than Smith.

It's a rough 53 though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2016, 09:57 PM
taxicab's Avatar
taxicab taxicab is offline
Ellis Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 484
Default

Charles Whittingham once said Pat V. was the best judge of pace (due to the clock in his head) of any jockey he ever saw........what a waste of talent.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-14-2016, 05:04 AM
v j stauffer's Avatar
v j stauffer v j stauffer is offline
Hippodrome Bluebonnets
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hollywood Park, Santa Rosa, TVG
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Charles Whittingham once said Pat V. was the best judge of pace (due to the clock in his head) of any jockey he ever saw........what a waste of talent.
He and Jack Kaenel could have been two of the greats to ever live. With Chris Antley not far behind.

All with unbelievable god given talent.

The disease of addiction is truly insidious.

Very sad
__________________
Just because she's a hitter and a thief, doesn't mean she's not a good woman in all the other places. May Rose Prizzi
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Indian Charlie's Avatar
Indian Charlie Indian Charlie is offline
Goodwood
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 8,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
He and Jack Kaenel could have been two of the greats to ever live. With Chris Antley not far behind.

All with unbelievable god given talent.

The disease of addiction is truly insidious.

Very sad
Pval yeah, he was great, but cowboy Jack?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.