Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2008, 05:31 PM
The Curragh

Default Help Me Out - How Will

Raising the minimium wage to $9.50 an hour really help this country out?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

it won't.
you know, unemployment made it's first leap above 6% at the same time the min wage increase went into effect.
my daughter and a co-worker were two casualties. but i'm sure the workers who kept their jobs were appreciative of getting the raise.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Del Mar

wages have to keep up with growth. this is a huge problem.

We are completely reactionary. We are going to try to make up for the times minimum wage should have been raised by doing it when the timing couldnt be worse.

Yes...brilliant.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
wages have to keep up with growth. this is a huge problem.

From what I've read on here, I don't think many care about wages keeping up. It's pretty much a me 1st group. If they don't have to do those jobs, then they pretty much don't care about those that do. So, your argument is not gunna register, because they don't care if those people lose ground. They don't care about it. Of course, they are gunna say that it's better to have those jobs that pay less n' less real money. I think the key is to get to a more populated area. If you're in a sparsely populated area, then the availability of jobs is gunna be sporadic. Maybe we should let country folk have a lower minimum wage. They're pretty much unteachable when it comes to this issue. Part of the reason many are poor in the 1st place is they aren't good at figuring out who cares the most about helping them.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Thistley Downs

I think the key is to get to a more populated area. If you're in a sparsely populated area, then the availability of jobs is gunna be sporadic. Maybe we should let country folk have a lower minimum wage. They're pretty much unteachable when it comes to this issue. Part of the reason many are poor in the 1st place is they aren't good at figuring out who cares the most about helping them.

Another one for the SkidsMom Library of the Outrageous.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
From what I've read on here, I don't think many care about wages keeping up. It's pretty much a me 1st group. If they don't have to do those jobs, then they pretty much don't care about those that do. So, your argument is not gunna register, because they don't care if those people lose ground. They don't care about it. Of course, they are gunna say that it's better to have those jobs that pay less n' less real money. I think the key is to get to a more populated area. If you're in a sparsely populated area, then the availability of jobs is gunna be sporadic. Maybe we should let country folk have a lower minimum wage. They're pretty much unteachable when it comes to this issue. Part of the reason many are poor in the 1st place is they aren't good at figuring out who cares the most about helping them.

SCUDS...what does that mean exactly?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2
did you accidently not highlight the entire post?

or did the rest make sense to you?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
He is instructing country bumpkins how to live just like he does 40+ year old moms.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Means they vote for people who like rich people a whole lot more than poor people.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
Raising the minimium wage to $9.50 an hour really help this country out?
It's to help the poorer out.

The maximum wage earners are the ones who will help the country out.They are good to the bone nice people.

OK?

Dannie?....simple?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Thistley Downs

MOTHAH FUCl<AH...I mean..FACT:The last MW increase caused 70% of all companies to go out of business .

MO...FACT: Over NINETY % of all MW earners had to file bankruptcy over that same increase .

FACT:Congress is now trying to destroy the MW. It's the only sure fire way to end this current financial crisis .

GODDAMMITY!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Thistley Downs

Well they better do something fast. This current Minimum Wage Crisis is killing this country...and I want something done about it!!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Thistley Downs

SportyFans Let me give you an example...OK?

Rita Smith live in PoorTown.She just took a job as a drive thru perthon at the Mickey's in RichTown. Why? Because her husband lost his job due to Max.Wage Earner tomfoolery and PoorTown doesn't have a Mickey's. Why? Because poor people can't afford Mickey's.OK?

Now Muffy Chippy pulls up to the drive thru in her GIANT size Hummery-Poo.She has her 4 kid rug destruction team with her.Rita gives Muffy her order.....10 BigMac's ,10 large fries and 10 chocolate shakes. The Chippy's love their lunchy-poo.

And now Muffy starts her act. THIS IS COLD!! TAKE THIS CHEESE OFF THIS BIG MAC!! I SAID DOUBLE WIDE FRIES!!! YOU STUPID BITCH!!! Muffy then starts throwing food at Rita...and then peels out of the drive thru leaving 80 feet of Skids Mothers marks.

So...Rita is kinda stressed...but feels good in that she is getting a min. wage increase. She knows the store may have to raise prices, but she's OK with that because they are too poor to eat out.

She knows people like Muffy will be paying all the freight.

This make her smile.

Last edited by Mortimer : 10-30-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Thistley Downs

It's funny how people who are not down at the MW level know AAAAAALL about the evil havoc it sends through out hour economy.

Really...let them have their MW increases..and their eic's.

Stop acting like pigs.