Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-15-2006, 12:53 PM
oracle80

Default Good Lord another pletcher freak

Geez, I just cant believe it. Pletcher has the best 4 two yeard olds I have seen so far this year. Check out Quay in the 2nd at CD. You won't believe it.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Flaxen Mane

Who are the best looking two year olds (pletcher or otherwise) you have seen so far this year? I've been slacking off on my two year old watch so far....
Old 06-15-2006, 12:59 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Geez, I just cant believe it. Pletcher has the best 4 two yeard olds I have seen so far this year. Check out Quay in the 2nd at CD. You won't believe it.
last 1/16th in 6 flat and last 3/16 in less than 17 or thereabouts. WIth that pedigree(Thunder Gulch) the sky is the limit on distance. So thats Minefield, Out of Gwenda, Scat Daddy and now this one. Hes got every stakes race for 2yo's this summer on teh East Coast locked up already. Tyro, sapling, the three at the Spa, put his name on the trophies now and save time, then all you have to do si fill in the horses name. This is an embarrassment of riches.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:01 PM
boldruler

Quote:
last 1/16th in 6 flat and last 3/16 in less than 17 or thereabouts. WIth that pedigree(Thunder Gulch) the sky is the limit on distance. So thats Minefield, Out of Gwenda, Scat Daddy and now this one. Hes got every stakes race for 2yo's this summer on teh East Coast locked up already. Tyro, sapling, the three at the Spa, put his name on the trophies now and save time, then all you have to do si fill in the horses name. This is an embarrassment of riches.

Let's see how Asmussens turn out. You also have east coast tunnel vision.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:01 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxen Mane
Who are the best looking two year olds (pletcher or otherwise) you have seen so far this year? I've been slacking off on my two year old watch so far....
1) Quay, I know the bran supposedly says scat Daddy is the best, but you have to look at the way this horse took off after he finally switched leads very late in the race and waht he went the last 3/16th's in. Absolutely terrifying and with that pedigree hes gonna go as far as they want.
2) Scat Daddy toyed with his small field in his debut.
3) Minefield was incredibly good in his debut.
4) Out Of Gwenda ran an incredible number in his debut.

All are trained by Pletcher. I havent seen anyone else who I would take at 20-1 odds against any of these. unbelievable.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:03 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
Let's see how Asmussens turn out. You also have east coast tunnel vision.
Lemme tell you what, I'll put my vision up gansit anyone's. You call ragozin and ask him what the top 4 figs are for 2Yo's this year, and i gurantee its these 4 horses. They are all incredible. The one today was frightening. Thats the kind of debut that gets people plotting a derby course in June of his 2yo year. Thast how good he was. WHy don't you watch teh replay and crunch the numbers and get back to me on that one with a mea culpa.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Randwyck

It's way too early to say that Pletcher has all the East Coast juvenile races locked up - the best bred ones haven't even run yet and may not for another couple of months. Who is Minefield?

I

Last edited by Betsy : 06-15-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Very, very impressive. At most, it was a mild drive. Straight as an arrow down the lane.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:08 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Lemme tell you what, I'll put my vision up gansit anyone's. You call ragozin and ask him what the top 4 figs are for 2Yo's this year, and i gurantee its these 4 horses. They are all incredible. The one today was frightening. Thats the kind of debut that gets people plotting a derby course in June of his 2yo year. Thast how good he was. WHy don't you watch teh replay and crunch the numbers and get back to me on that one with a mea culpa.
It is June. How many times did Bernardini race before last June? Who cares what happens until October at the earliest. If you are talking KY Derby in June of the 2yr old year, you have zero credibility.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Secretariat

did someone say..

can you catch the green monkey ?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:14 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Very, very impressive. At most, it was a mild drive. Straight as an arrow down the lane.
MY MAN!!! At long last someone who actually watches races reappears. I didn't bet the race, but I swear whenhe switched leads and took off like that I got goosebumps. One of the top 5 debuts I have seen in my life.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
It is June. How many times did Bernardini race before last June? Who cares what happens until October at the earliest. If you are talking KY Derby in June of the 2yr old year, you have zero credibility.

One thing I'll say about Pletcher, he can keep them going and winning stakes into their 3yo or 4yo years. More Than Ready won very early at 2 and won stakes at 3, Limehouse won at 2 and was winning stakes at 4. If anyone keeps them going, it's Pletcher.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Del Mar

Maybe one of these guys or girls will end his 0 for 51 in triple crown races come May 2007. Hes overdue. Ahhh, all the 3/5 shots will be blooming at Saratoga in 5 weeks.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:16 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
One thing I'll say about Pletcher, he can keep them going and winning stakes into their 3yo or 4yo years. More Than Ready won very early at 2 and won stakes at 3, Limehouse won at 2 and was winning stakes at 4. If anyone keeps them going, it's Pletcher.
Well he usually has a few 2yr olds, doesn't he.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Are you going to tell me that if you're the owner or trainer of a horse that debuts in June in such convincing fashion as this one, that you will not even let the idea of the KD enter your mind until October? Believe me they're dreaming about it so there's no harm in speculating.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Well he usually has a few 2yr olds, doesn't he.
I believe those two won the 2yo Stakes race on the KY Derby Undercard. You are right he does have a ton, but those were 2 examples of horses that he kept in training at a high level.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Saratoga

I dream about it now and I don't even own a horse
Old 06-15-2006, 01:19 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Are you going to tell me that if you're the owner or trainer of a horse that debuts in June in such convincing fashion as this one, that you will not even let the idea of the KD enter your mind until October? Believe me they're dreaming about it so there's no harm in speculating.
Dream all you want but these 2yr olds that start this early never win the derby. Young horses are pressed way too early not to mention these are 5.5F races. Horses that win these races usually have excellent speed but that doesn't necessarily win at the 10F distance.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:21 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Maybe one of these guys or girls will end his 0 for 51 in triple crown races come May 2007. Hes overdue. Ahhh, all the 3/5 shots will be blooming at Saratoga in 5 weeks.
Tim Scav gave bad info, its 0-23. Not 51.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:22 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
I believe those two won the 2yo Stakes race on the KY Derby Undercard. You are right he does have a ton, but those were 2 examples of horses that he kept in training at a high level.
The guy has 1 horse that costs more than most trainers top 2yr olds combined. The problem with racing horses this soon is that they are running distances that are completely useless in putting any foundation in a horse. What good does a 5F race do a horse. You might as well just breeze them 5F and let them come around for the fall.