Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Porter
Why does a guy who makes a ton of money gambling (if it were true) EVER let it be known.

My friend Steve, there is NO answer for the above question. Does he have a KG stamp with IRS and does he file?

Whether you choose to believe it or not I know 7 people over my lifetime(myself included) who have made well over a Mil. gambling. All of us have turned ourselves inside out to remain undiscovered and annonymous.

The above endorsement of your friend WREAKS from something written on a child's blackboard.

Why does this "mutt" continually have to be stroked? BIG MONEY and a LAVISH lifestlye is all one really needs as a reward for winning. Why BEG for boquets from a bunch of kids and fools on an internet site who are more than likely still shooting for their first hundred grand.
Let me guess, Leonard Zelig was your young apprentice.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
yes it is...lets saythe horse is in a 25k claimer on a week day ..40k in the win pool..this said horse could be 9-1 if he tells two people and they tell two...ect....next thing ya know your getting 8/5..instead of 9-1.....thats bad business..get it..thats all im saying..
With all due respect, he does NOT have that kind of power, especially on the circuits he plays which are the biggest market share circuits in the game.....

God could give out picks on DT and the odds wouldn't be affected....lets quit kidding ourselves here.....
Old 11-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I think you are kind of missing the whole point. I can't speak for Andy, but is it possible he comes on here to shoot the sh*t about horses, and that's it. You are acting like because he is who he is, he HAS to give out horses. No he doesn't. You seem so caught up in people's worth on the board. I come here to talk about the game I love. That's it. And I'm sure most do as well. Since when do people have to give something to the board? You get crap, because you ask for it, and you never, ever will admit when you were wrong. And I really don't think he was bashing you, he was making a joke. Look, any info anyone gives on the board is much appreciated, but no one HAS to do anything.
I know DaHoss...and I think you are missing my point....I could care less if Andy gave out selections or not...I wouldn't use then anyway. The point is thjat people like him love to bash others who take a stance and give an opinion, yet he is always scared to mention horses he likes in races because he is the type who wouldn't want to be bashed when he was wrong - so he never puts himself in that situation, which is fine IF you didn't bash everyone else....

NOBODY owes this site or anybody anything....I agree 100% an that was not my point....Believe me, I ONLY bet my own picks and would never bet anybody elses, and frankly, I am one with the belief that people should come to their own conclusions on things and not need to bet others picks - so your theory is out the door...
Old 11-12-2006, 11:03 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
With all due respect, he does NOT have that kind of power, especially on the circuits he plays which are the biggest market share circuits in the game.....

God could give out picks on DT and the odds wouldn't be affected....lets quit kidding ourselves here.....
ok i happen to know guys myself that toss 5.000 win bets...im not saying that if he put a horse out on dt it would be crushed...ah whats tha point you dont get it...
Old 11-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Jerome Park

While I must thank Dicksie for sticking to the theme of this thread with his usual hilarity ( honestly, is he the funniest guy on the net or what? ) but I, sadly, have to give Joel some further demerits for failing to stick to the theme. I mean, I thought it was obvious, others seemed to figure it out and play along quite well, but some just don't get it. Ya know, if you can't figure out why everyone is laughing sometimes it's best to keep quiet.

Please, try to stick with the program.

Last edited by blackthroatedwind : 11-12-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
NOBODY owes this site or anybody anything
THIS COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG.

We OWE RESPECT to people that OWN this site, which you DO NOT do whatsoever. You have been asked SEVERAL times to chill the f out and you still don't listen.

If you would learn how to treat people, you wouldn't get the crap you get. And if you also didn't have this need to be "HEARD" then you wouldn't get crap you get.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
I GUARANTEE you bet more faves than I do - no doubt in my mind really.....Prove that I took any chalk aside from Bernie on BC day? Oh yeah, you cannnot becase you don't know me...as a matter of fact I bet I made more $ than you on BC day and I have Zerox copies of my tix to prove it - as well as 3 IRS reciepts..

And all of this coming from a guy who was scared to match me on handicapping ability last weekend....I think you know you would have met your match...it was probably a smart move on your part not to let me embarrass you - with the ladies and with the betting

Wow....you have 3 IRS reciepts. Congrats. Did you charge the guys who actually hit the race more than 10 percent to sign?

Coming on the internet to brag about your luck with women. It's safe to say you havent touched a women in probably a year. Most likely havent spoke to a woman in at least 6 mos. Talking to telemarketers on the phone doesnt count.

I am new here......but I look forwards to humiliating you on a daily basis.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
The bottomline is that guys like Andy can come on here and attempt to down people while never ever providing any real substance or value of any kind to the website - but they themselves cannot back up any claims with facts.

I was just trying to end the e-jargon and e-specualtion by telling Andy that I will prove to him whenever he wants that I can out-play him and I will match my BC winning with his, etc...anything.....

It is merely about having accountability and not just running your mouth (or keyboard) all of the time...

I put my money where my mouth is....he was too scared to when provided th opportunity....now THAT is lack of credability in my eyes..

Did you happen to see The DRF tv show with Dan Ilman and Andy? The guy knows his stuff. Lets see. He gave out Street Sense and Round Pound.....said Fleet Indian was a favorite who should be bet against....and when asked about one favorite who you had to play he said Ouija Board.

Horrible opinions huh?

But hey...you had 3 IRS receipts so who are we to question your greatness.

Please change yor name on here to Cunningham Signers LLC.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Dee Tee Stables

ouch, starting early today.

scavs is correct as far as showing respect to steve...BUT, we are all here for hopefully some intelligent dialogue. hopefully attacks on people will be kept to a bare minimum. you know, attack the message--but don't necessarily kill the messenger.
altho i am bothered by 'know it alls' on here at times, as i'm sure all of us on here are, the thing that bothers me the most is someone who attacks every post by certain posters--as if lying in wait to pounce on every opportunity, whether there is a valid point to be made or not.

steve has requested we keep it clean here, so hopefully no hits below the belt.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Arlington Park

tough crowd for a sunday am....

i ate a piece of bread this am that tasted a bit chalky... personally been beaten like a baby seal all week.

yesterday, as i do once a month, i deliver canned goods to senior citizens. no big deal, takes 2-3 hours and i still managed to spew enough bad wagers to to cover a couple mortgage payments. ah, i digressed.

anyway, one ole dude i see on my monthly deliveries is a fairly healthy, yet miserable man. apparently his three adult children rarely call. in addition to canned goods, i also deliver to him four 1/2 pints of smirnoffs. just enough for a couple nips a day. anyway, the liquor store had no 1/2 pints so i got him a fifth.

When I handed him the fifth, he almost took my head off and bittched me out fiercely. never mind the fact that I pay for his booze out of my pocket and had him stay at my home for a couple days after the hurricane last fall.

today's tips from s2s:
1. Much to be happy about
2. Some people are never happy, but keep trying
3. Call your parents
4. If you're gonna bet horses, the last thing you ought to do is get angry at people you don't really know 30 minutes before post.
5. do not bet any horses i like until proven otherwise.
6. I like both of Dwoskin's at Calder today, especially Ashlee the Great.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonegossard
Did you happen to see The DRF tv show with Dan Ilman and Andy? The guy knows his stuff. Lets see. He gave out Street Sense and Round Pound.....said Fleet Indian was a favorite who should be bet against....and when asked about one favorite who you had to play he said Ouija Board.

Horrible opinions huh?

But hey...you had 3 IRS receipts so who are we to question your greatness.

Please change yor name on here to Cunningham Signers LLC.
DaHoss? Is that you?
Old 11-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
tough crowd for a sunday am....

i ate a piece of bread this am that tasted a bit chalky... personally been beaten like a baby seal all week.

yesterday, as i do once a month, i deliver canned goods to senior citizens. no big deal, takes 2-3 hours and i still managed to spew enough bad wagers to to cover a couple mortgage payments. ah, i digressed.

anyway, one ole dude i see on my monthly deliveries is a fairly healthy, yet miserable man. apparently his three adult children rarely call. in addition to canned goods, i also deliver to him four 1/2 pints of smirnoffs. just enough for a couple nips a day. anyway, the liquor store had no 1/2 pints so i got him a fifth.

When I handed him the fifth, he almost took my head off and bittched me out fiercely. never mind the fact that I pay for his booze out of my pocket and had him stay at my home for a couple days after the hurricane last fall.

today's tips from s2s:
1. Much to be happy about
2. Some people are never happy, but keep trying
3. Call your parents
4. If you're gonna bet horses, the last thing you ought to do is get angry at people you don't really know 30 minutes before post.
5. do not bet any horses i like until proven otherwise.
6. I like both of Dwoskin's at Calder today, especially Ashlee the Great.
i bet his children don't visit because he's miserable....but could be the other way 'round.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
DaHoss? Is that you?

lol
good morning jim!!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
lol
good morning jim!!
same to you!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:13 PM
The Curragh

CR, you have occasionally demonstrated intelligence and insight on this forum. But this thread is far from your finest moment. You should have had the maturity to apologize after kasept's post, or at a minimum, not post further in the thread.

Quote:
I would never be so dumb as to rely on gambling as my sole source of income - so that would never be comparable....
I hope you mean that it would be dumb for YOU to rely on gambling as YOUR sole source of income. The professional gamblers I know are on the whole a very intelligent group that includes several PhD's. Many have supported themselves for years from gambling and bring in healthy 6-fig wins year after year. If your statement above was meant to be general, it would only show how little you know about betting with an advantage.

--Dunbar
Old 11-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Jerome Park

Personally I'm just honored that Stone Gossard would take time out from his busy schedule to post from Australia.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:17 PM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
Personally I'm just honored that Stone Gossard would take time out from his busy schedule to post from Australia.
I guess somebody knows you after all.

I personally have been guilty of eating chalk on occasion, but not since kindergarten have i done it with any regularity...
these days i stay away altogether because it is reason #14 why someone loves me...just in front of reason #15--my willingness to wear mismatched socks.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:29 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

im joel and i have a chalk problem..HI JOEL..as a group///lol
Old 11-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Absolutely not. No reason for me to post using a different name.
i didn't really think so but posted it anyway as a joke. sorry about that.

who then is this mystery poster?
Old 11-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Jerome Park

Anybody have Mike McCready's phone number? I'm sure he could straighten out this mess.