Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Jerome Park

Default Chalk-Eaters Anonymous

In light of some recent predictions on this board I felt it was time for an intervention. I have started this room to help those that can't get out of their own way stumbling to the typewriter or window in order to predict the imminent victory of overbet favorites.

Repeat after me....I am ______________ and I am a chalk-eater.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Arlington Park

lol. friends don't let friends eat chalk.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Cunningham Racing

This is comedic coming from a guy who I have heard give favorites SEVERAL times on ATRAB that were nowhere to be found in the race....funny stuff
Old 11-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
lol. friends don't let friends eat chalk.
So true.

I may have to award you the coveted five rattles.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
This is comedic coming from a guy who I have heard give favorites SEVERAL times on ATRAB that were nowhere to be found in the race....funny stuff

The first step is the hardest Joel. I certainly didn't expect you to admit to your problem right away.

However, I consider your coming to the meeting a good start.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Cunningham Racing

I GUARANTEE you bet more faves than I do - no doubt in my mind really.....Prove that I took any chalk aside from Bernie on BC day? Oh yeah, you cannnot becase you don't know me...as a matter of fact I bet I made more $ than you on BC day and I have Zerox copies of my tix to prove it - as well as 3 IRS reciepts..

And all of this coming from a guy who was scared to match me on handicapping ability last weekend....I think you know you would have met your match...it was probably a smart move on your part not to let me embarrass you - with the ladies and with the betting
Old 11-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
I GUARANTEE you bet more faves than I do - no doubt in my mind really.....Prove that I took any chalk aside from Bernie on BC day? Oh yeah, you cannnot becase you don't know me...as a matter of fact I bet I made more $ than you on BC day and I have Zerox copies of my tix to prove it - as well as 3 IRS reciepts..

And all of this coming from a guy who was scared to match me on handicapping ability last weekend....I think you know you would have met your match...it was probably a smart move on your part not to let me embarrass you - with the ladies and with the betting
Isn't it a little early in the day for this?

My coffee hasn't even kicked in yet.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:41 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

ah negitive ghostrider the pattern is full..id have to side with andys playa ability in da ponies and da fillys..joel your forehead is just too damn big..even a cave man can do it!!" eat chalk..".
Old 11-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
This sounds like stuff kids say. My daddy can beat yours up. I can run faster than you. My dog is better than yours. You know you are actually funnier when you aren't trying to be.
Kinda l;ike . When you are good you are really good and when you are bad you are better.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Coach Pants

Old 11-11-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
empty your wallets on .......2/5 and thank me later..pillow your the man..

Last edited by hoovesupsideyourhead : 11-11-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
This sounds like stuff kids say. My daddy can beat yours up. I can run faster than you. My dog is better than yours. You know you are actually funnier when you aren't trying to be.
All of those things are true, actually
Old 11-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
empty you wallets on .......2/5 and thank me later..pillow your the man..
Whooo i'm stealing money!!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:

Joel..

You have a lot to offer everyone here with your background around the game and your zeal for racing is second to none... But with all due respect, you can work at this for the next two decades and will be hard-pressed to approach Andy Serling's record of success as a full time professional gambler or garner the respect he has earned as a public handicapper at Saratoga for years on end at the Siro's Seminars and in and around NYC as a Paddock Club guest at AQU and BEL.

On a daily basis during SAR, his opinion is out there for the public to judge and appreciate, and few if any of the public cappers can match his long-standing performance record for putting people on winners of all prices. He's a contemporary and equal of the most well-respected and admired handicapping minds in horse playing, and frankly, his insights and credentials are well above being questioned by anyone who isn't playing horses as a sole source of income.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Cunningham Racing

The bottomline is that guys like Andy can come on here and attempt to down people while never ever providing any real substance or value of any kind to the website - but they themselves cannot back up any claims with facts.

I was just trying to end the e-jargon and e-specualtion by telling Andy that I will prove to him whenever he wants that I can out-play him and I will match my BC winning with his, etc...anything.....

It is merely about having accountability and not just running your mouth (or keyboard) all of the time...

I put my money where my mouth is....he was too scared to when provided th opportunity....now THAT is lack of credability in my eyes..
Old 11-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Joel..

You have a lot to offer everyone here with your background around the game and your zeal for racing is second to none... But with all due respect, you can work at this for the next two decades and will be hard-pressed to approach Andy Serling's record of success as a full time professional gambler or garner the respect he has earned as a public handicapper at Saratoga for years on end at the Siro's Seminars and in and around NYC as a Paddock Club guest at AQU and BEL.

On a daily basis during SAR, his opinion is out there for the public to judge and appreciate, and few if any of the public cappers can match his long-standing performance record for putting people on winners of all prices. He's a contemporary and equal of the most well-respected and admired handicapping minds in horse playing, and frankly, his insights and credentials are well above being questioned by anyone who isn't playing horses as a sole source of income.
Whatever Steve...not the point.

I would never be so dumb as to rely on gambling as my sole source of income - so that would never be comparable....

If the dude wants to calls me out then I want him to do it with substance...if he cannot, then he is a weisel IMO - plain and simple....I was simply stating that I could prove against what he states about me....He likes to take cheap shots and never adds any value to the chat IMO - other than his poor attempts at dry humor...those are just the facts, Steve...I know he's your boy, but you are the one who sits back and allows him to prevoke it.....

We are entitled to our opinions, right?
Old 11-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
The bottomline is that guys like Andy can come on here and attempt to down people while never ever providing any real substance or value of any kind to the website - but they themselves cannot back up any claims with facts.
Forgive me for commenting as an infrequent poster here, but why should he feel the need to prove himself on the internet of all places (on which he provides a ton of substance and value) when he's already proven it in the real world? Seems everyone's a winner on-line.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:20 AM

joel what i say on this thread is in jest..but think aboutwhat you have said..empty your wallets on a obvious no odds horse...how does that make one iota of lodgic as a player.....steve puts out his picks as a public service.....a player who is gambleing for a living would never put out a play he would play himself..its just bad business....
Old 11-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
joel what i say on this thread is in jest..but think aboutwhat you have said..empty your wallets on a obvious no odds horse...how does that make one iota of lodgic as a player.....steve puts out his picks as a public service.....a player who is gambleing for a living would never put out a play he would play himself..its just bad business....
So what, I am not suppose to listen to you anymore?
Old 11-11-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
So what, I am not suppose to listen to you anymore?
this is not about me...bootleg guy