Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
I'm up for a side wager if gator isn't. Not a big one though. I can't believe I am going against Discreet Cat. I have been touting that horse for a very long time. He was one of the ones on the other board that I said was a potential superhorse in the making. However, I love Jerkins, Corinthian, and America! What's the terms? Nevermind, I'll PM you so we can discuss the terms if you are up to it!

What did you have in mind, Jessica?...Just a friendly wager?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
Well, let's see. When do you think that these two will hook up? The Dwyer most likely, right?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
WOW, this sounds like it's getting interesting...
Old 06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Well, let's see. When do you think that these two will hook up? The Dwyer most likely, right?

Yeah, the Dwyer is the race they are currently both pointing towards...
Old 06-06-2006, 11:04 PM
pgardn

Folks I am still stuck on Brother Derek. With a good long rest awaiting him, and the BC, as a goal, I am a happy man. Cant wait to see him back with a good clean run. Monster guts, plenty of talent. Should be interesting.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Folks I am still stuck on Brother Derek. With a good long rest awaiting him, and the BC, as a goal, I am a happy man. Cant wait to see him back with a good clean run. Monster guts, plenty of talent. Should be interesting.
I like Brother Derek too. Monster guts is right. This horse never gives up. I'm still on his bandwagon too.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Yeah, the Dwyer is the race they are currently both pointing towards...
Are you still interested in that wager? I left you a PM so we can discuss the terms or we could do it right here out in the open. That way everyone would know our bet, so everyone would know that we are both credible, good, honest people when the person that doesn't win holds up to the deal.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Keeneland

Default Question...

Are you two wagering that Discreet Cat or Corinthian WINS or that Discreet Cat finishes in front of Corinthian or vice versa? I could wager that neither one will win, how is that for you?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Cunningham Racing

What is your idea?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Are you two wagering that Discreet Cat or Corinthian WINS or that Discreet Cat finishes in front of Corinthian or vice versa? I could wager that neither one will win, how is that for you?
A side wager is usually just between which horses finishes first, but I am a big enough believer in Discreet Cat that I'm willing to wager on his nose...although I don't think he'll need his nose....the Dwyer will be measured in full lengths if he is running in it..
Old 06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
A side wager is usually just between which horses finishes first, but I am a big enough believer in Discreet Cat that I'm willing to wager on his nose...although I don't think he'll need his nose....the Dwyer will be measured in full lengths if he is running in it..
I'm always up for a challenge and some fun...

For reference, let me just say that Discreet Cat was my derby horse until they decided not to run him. I then switched to Barbaro (who turned out to be an ok choice. )

Horses are horses though, and there is a slight chance that DC may not run his race in the Dwyer. I think he is by far the best horse in that race, but the best horse doesn't always win (as we all know.)

So, what's the bet, Jessica?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I'm always up for a challenge and some fun...

For reference, let me just say that Discreet Cat was my derby horse until they decided not to run him. I then switched to Barbaro (who turned out to be an ok choice. )

Horses are horses though, and there is a slight chance that DC may not run his race in the Dwyer. I think he is by far the best horse in that race, but the best horse doesn't always win (as we all know.)

So, what's the bet, Jessica?
Yes, but Corinthian had been improving tremendously with every race when he was injured in the FOY. That horse looks like the real deal as well. Just for the record, I really like Discreet Cat, but it is horse racing, and if Corinthian keeps improving...well. What makes the Dwyer interesting is that they will both be coming off of considerable layoffs, and the fact that Discreet Cat last raced in Dubai. Is Bernardini running in this race too?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Yes, but Corinthian had been improving tremendously with every race when he was injured in the FOY. That horse looks like the real deal as well. Just for the record, I really like Discreet Cat, but it is horse racing, and if Corinthian keeps improving...well. What makes the Dwyer interesting is that they will both be coming off of considerable layoffs, and the fact that Discreet Cat last raced in Dubai. Is Bernardini running in this race too?
No, Bernardini is pointing towards the Travers (with maybe a prep in the Jim Dandy), and Discreet Cat is pointing for the Haskell Invitational and WILL prep in the Dwyer....obviously, the Travers and Haskell are on the same weekend and Darley clearly wants to keep these two apart until the BC on Nov. 4th @ CD..
Old 06-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
No, Bernardini is pointing towards the Travers (with maybe a prep in the Jim Dandy), and Discreet Cat is pointing for the Haskell Invitational and WILL prep in the Dwyer....obviously, the Travers and Haskell are on the same weekend and Darley clearly wants to keep these two apart until the BC on Nov. 4th @ CD..
I missed the deadline for tickets to make it to the BC @ Churchill this year. Plus, it is during the school year, and I just couldn't miss any of my classes or work at the college. I just love Churchill Downs. It took me in awe the first time I went there, and I can't wait to go back. However, I must say that it is in a pretty wierd location although the actual track is breathtaking and stunning. If there was a heaven on Earth, for me, it would be under those twin spires watching beautiful Thoroughbreds.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Ellis Park

It looks like the entire family is taking over american racing. Jazil did the brother proud today.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller
It looks like the entire family is taking over american racing. Jazil did the brother proud today.
On top of that, Godolphin/Darley captured 3 races on the undercard - including winning the Gr. II Woody Stephens with Songster...I still think Darley's Henny Hughes is their best 3-year-old sprinter and may prove it by years end...
Old 06-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller
Further more even, DUBAI ESCAPADE absoluety crushed her rivals in the Gr. II Vagrancy...breaking Smokey Glacken's heart through a 44-second half-mile and then finishing off of that fast pace to win clear by several lengths in 1:15 1/5....just sick fast..best filly and mare sprinter in the world on dirt...

Darley/Godolphin horses...watch out
Old 06-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Santa Anita

they're doing well over in the states and after a very shakey start are getting into form over in europe just in time for royal ascot next week. They have some talented older horses ready to race like shawanda and proclamation. They have some amount of talent but there are still enough non-godolphin horses over here to make it very tough for them!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Churchill Downs

Joel, the more and more I think about it, the more I agree with your assessment. It isn't going to be east coast vs. west coast anymore...it's going to be the Americans vs. the Sheiks. The question is are Bernardini and Songster even their two best horses?
Old 06-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Joel, the more and more I think about it, the more I agree with your assessment. It isn't going to be east coast vs. west coast anymore...it's going to be the Americans vs. the Sheiks. The question is are Bernardini and Songster even their two best horses?
That's my girl....you're coming around