Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
On what planet does this happen fairly often ?

I can't even recall another top-class Grade 1 turf horse running in the mud in the past 5 years. I'm sure it has happened, but very very rarely.
ohhhhh...so now it's top class grade 1 turf horses in the past five years. your original post was about running a turfer in the mud. they ran a turf horse on a dirt track, owners decision. it turned out to be muddy. my contention was that any time a turf race is moved to the main track, it's due to rain, and that quite often the horses entered run regardless, which would mean in the mud.

but had i been able to read between the lines of your original post, no doubt i'd have realized that you meant only grade 1 top class turf horses. my apologies.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:17 PM
The Curragh

Not sure you have read MMSC's post in international, but the vets have suggested that with an injury of this nature, it usually starts with a small injury first.

He could have done the first piece of damage very early in the race. I'm not saying he did, but it's a possibilty after the vets have said that and he was getting pushed along very early.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 10-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Randwyck

Ah! Another Cup goes by, and still nothing has changed.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315
I am SO mad right now. . . Those greedy #$@%^ had no business racing George at all this year
"You won't." How is the sport supposed to attract fans when the big stars never last for more than a year?
You contadict yourself. On one hand racing him this season is "greedy" yet you later lament the early retirements. Because they brought GW back for reasons you felt were "greedy" they are %*$@(*&'s but had they left him in training at 4 and come back to the BCC they'd have been "sporting." By your definition all owners are greedy. They race to make money. It's the nature of the game.
If SS or HS is sterile and returned to the track next season are the owners greedy or sporting? The net result is a 4yo race horse, the fact that he spent an unsuccessful seaon in the shed before returning to the track is irrelevant. Should we be happy or angry?

I really didn't see why he was running where he was. It made no sense to me, but I have no reason to think that Coolmore sent "GW to his doom" with any intent other than his running well.