Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Santa Anita

He was retired. I guess Coolmore must be short of horses or money to bring him back like they did.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
He was retired. I guess Coolmore must be short of horses or money to bring him back like they did.

he was having fertility problems. only got a handful of mares in foal.
where have you been?

short of money, gimme a break.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Santa Anita

get real. he was retired and Coolemore's greed makes them wring every last dime out of the horse. he's a turf horse and they bring him over here to run in the slop ? shame on Coolemore.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Dee Tee Stables

sumitas, what is your problem? everyone knows about his fertility issues, the rush to retirement of their 3 yo by danehill to take his place, and george's return to the track.
he ran in the classic a year ago, none the worse for wear. it's what racehorses do.

maybe you should watch figure skating instead?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
sumitas, what is your problem? everyone knows about his fertility issues, the rush to retirement of their 3 yo by danehill to take his place, and george's return to the track.
he ran in the classic a year ago, none the worse for wear. it's what racehorses do.

maybe you should watch figure skating instead?
Once they switch to synthetic ice instead of the real thing....count him in.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Santa Anita

you must be in management, soaking every last ounce of energy out of your wage slaves. go work for coolemore. they exploit every last dying breath out of their horses. something you are very comfortable with, it seems.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
you must be in management, soaking every last ounce of energy out of your wage slaves. go work for coolemore. they exploit every last dying breath out of their horses. something you are very comfortable with, it seems.

lol

to quote peter from family guy

'you drunk'
Old 10-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Santa Anita

go whip some people and release your tension grrrrl
Old 10-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
go whip some people and release your tension grrrrl

it's saturday, my wage slaves whip themselves on wknds, i'll be back on monday to straighten them up for the next week.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Santa Anita

where's dahoss, mums wants him...aw the heck with it i'm done with him, lol. have fun and don't spend your winnings all in one place
Old 10-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
he was having fertility problems. only got a handful of mares in foal.
I heard 6. Is that accurate? At least we have some of him to carry on. You know, Domino only had 14 offspring before his untimely loss as a stallion. Doesn't mean the influence is gone.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Oriental Park

Disgusting that they would run that horse today. Should be ashamed of themselves
Old 10-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i see some don't wait til monday to do their quarterbacking. how nice to always be right after knowing the outcome.

there's redboarding, so what's this? surely a good name for it.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky
I heard 6. Is that accurate? At least we have some of him to carry on. You know, Domino only had 14 offspring before his untimely loss as a stallion. Doesn't mean the influence is gone.
yeah, old crazy domino. they had to blindfold him to get his jock on his back, domino despised the guy. thank goodness for broad brush, and now his son Include, to keep the domino line going.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
The Curragh

Just got a text from a good friend of mine who works at Aidan's, she and everyone just feels sick at the moment. I think she is still at home in France, but she has been in contact with a few of her work collegues.

George was loved, he was a real character and i think he was the favourite horse in the yard from the groom's point of view.

She went through the same heartbreak in the Epsom Derby when Horatio Nelson broke down. She rode him every morning and travelled europe with him.

I hate to think how George's groom is feeling right now.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
Disgusting that they would run that horse today. Should be ashamed of themselves
Agreed. Especially if he's had problems. It's all about the $
Old 10-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
Just got a text from a good friend of mine who works at Aidan's, she and everyone just feels sick at the moment. I think she is still at home in France, but she has been in contact with a few of her work collegues.

George was loved, he was a real character and i think he was the favourite horse in the yard from the groom's point of view.

She went through the same heartbreak in the Epsom Derby when Horatio Nelson broke down. She rode him every morning and travelled europe with him.

I hate to think how George's groom is feeling right now.
i'd imagine they all feel pretty dammed low. there was a small article in bloodhorse about a lady who's spent all her time working with horses. she worked pine island, and said losing her almost put her out of the sport. you get so attached to them.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Oaklawn

To be honest, I thought we were home free until the Classic. Wagering wise, this was my worst Breeder's Cup day ever, but many of us at the party I was at kept commenting about how glad we were that there were no mishaps or breakdowns. So much for that.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:56 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
i'd imagine they all feel pretty dammed low. there was a small article in bloodhorse about a lady who's spent all her time working with horses. she worked pine island, and said losing her almost put her out of the sport. you get so attached to them.
Yeah. It hits the grooms hard. My father was a groom for many, many years and i will never forget the day he come home in floods of tears after one of his horses had a heart attack on the gallops underneath him. They grow so attached to these horses, and the horses get attached to them.

I remember watching the Epsom Derby and seeing it. My phone was ringing within seconds. She was in bits. She has learnt the hard way that it happens. I don't know the groom of George personally, but if it's who i think it is, he is a really nice man, always smiling and sharing a few jokes. I feel so sorry for him right now.

People will send their prayers to coolmore and the breeders, but it's the grooms who come off worst.

I really wouldn't want to be on their plane home in the next few days. That is going to seem like forever crossing the Atlantic.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 10-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Dee Tee Stables

well, tell them a lady in mid america feels very badly for them and that she's very sorry, and to hang in there.