Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey17
I could add tons, but choose not to. Why add something when you don't feel like your opinion matters.

Tons like what? Shaggy Mane will be on the lead ?

Fascinating......really.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Started in on you? The other day you spoke about someone's family on here. We know how that ended. Since you have been back you have been egging me on for a fight. Tonight you said you are going to screw my mother. Now, please show me where anyone has said even remotely close to that to you. It's one thing to think your opinions are stupid, or you have no idea what you are talking about most of the time, or you post make believe bets to get some "board cred", but please explain to me what purpose bringing family things into this serves? Seriously.
You have been all over me for months. And now that I stand-up and give it back to you you have the nerve to complain. Give me a break. See, even in this post you take a stab at me. If you are going to start in on me, you better believe I am going to cross the line. And what purpose does it make to say someone is posting fake bets with no evidence or calling someone stupid etc etc.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonegossard

Fascinating......really.
This is a perfect example. In my post, I was agreeing with DaHoss that Shaggy Mane will be on the lead. Why doesn't he get this response from you?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 PM
top predator.

Quote:
I remember you speaking up and I do appreciate that effort. But please find me one post that I ever posted that starts in on someone from this board. I have zero agenda. I have been accussed of one, which always perplexed me. Over on the Esoteric page, DaHoss starts in on me and I completely left it alone. Last week BTW starts in on me for no reason at all. I am not being a martry, but if people are going to be nasty, rude or mean to me, then you better believe I am going to be the same back. I don't like or dislike anyone on this board. How on earth can anyone like or dislike someone they never met.

I can of course, find posts to support my claim....only problem is that they have all been deleted. I can still see them....but they don't really need to be brought to the forefront of the site again.

and have you considered for one moment that dahoss and BTW attack you because of previous arguments? don't give me the "it's the internet" argument....because I know both of them and I can assure you that they don't take what goes on here personally, but at the same time, what goes on here is not exactly in a vacum....and when posters have certain fundamental disagreements there will always be friction.

and to your previous comment, that I could add to this site if I was less intimidated....there isn't a member here that intimidates me...I choose not to post most of the time because to me "It's the internet " and I don't care what other people think, and don't have the interest to defend my opinion on most topics...I find it tiresome.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
This is a perfect example. In my post, I was agreeing with DaHoss that Shaggy Mane will be on the lead. Why doesn't he get this response from you?

Because he doesnt lower himself to talking about other people's families. The guy tells you something about his mother being sick and you continue? If you dont like the guy it's one thing, but at that point you shoulda shut the phuck up instead of continuing. Real classy move a-hole.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 PM
top predator.

Quote:

Fascinating......really.
you're not helping here stone....
Old 10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
I can of course, find posts to support my claim....only problem is that they have all been deleted. I can still see them....but they don't really need to be brought to the forefront of the site again.

and have you considered for one moment that dahoss and BTW attack you because of previous arguments? don't give me the "it's the internet" argument....because I know both of them and I can assure you that they don't take what goes on here personally, but at the same time, what goes on here is not exactly in a vacum....and when posters have certain fundamental diagreements there will always be friction.

and to your previous comment, that I could add to this site if I was less intimidated....there isn't a member here that intimidates me...I choose not to post most of the time because to me "It's the internet " and I don't care what other people think, and don't have the interest to defend my opinion on most topics...I find it tiresome.
DaHoss and BTW attacked me for no reason. BTW because of my opinion of Zito, not of BTW and DaHoss for whatever reason. Again, find where I started anything about them first. Anything. I never said anything negative about either of them until they said something deragotory about me. I don't take much of anything personally. it is important to any board to have fundamental differences without friction. And if there is friction, there is the instant message feature that the party can use to settle the friction so it doesnt involve other posters. And you said it yourself: "don't have the interest to defend my opinion on most topics." Why does anyone need to defend themself on here?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
you're not helping here stone....

Ok...I will back off.....because it's obvious I intimidate you. Regardless of what you claim in your post above.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Because he doesnt lower himself to talking about other people's families. The guy tells you something about his mother being sick and you continue? If you dont like the guy it's one thing, but at that point you shoulda shut the phuck up instead of continuing. Real classy move a-hole.
And at some point you have to take it a step further and that is what I did. I will agree that I lower myself, but it is also pretty low to continuously barage someone whenever he/she posts a thought or a selection.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Ok...I will back off.....because it's obvious I intimidate you. Regardless of what you claim in your post above.
Again, another perfect example. The sarcasm on this board has gotten well out of control.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Look, I can take whatever anyone wants to dish out. bring it on. I am realistic about myself. I'm opinionated and I get under people's skin. But, show me an example where I have ever brought someone's family into it. I'd love to see it. You cross the line there and there is no need for it.
I admit that I crossed the line. That is who I am. I will always take it a step further. And I never ever said you said anything about my family. You are more than welcome to, I really do not care. To me, everything is fair game in this sort of thing.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 PM
top predator.

Quote:
DaHoss and BTW attack me for no reason. Again, find where I started anything about them first. Anything. I never said anything negative about either of them until they said something deragotory about me. I don't take much of anything personally. it is important to any board to have fundamental differences without friction. And if there is friction, there is the instant message feature that the party can use to settle the friction so it doesnt involve other posters. And you said it yourself: "don't have the interest to defend my opinion on most topics." Why does anyone need to defend themself on here?

if you are going to state an opinion...especially if you decide to present it as a fact (which many people here do) then you MUST be ready and willing to defend your postition....no one can expect to just say something and have it unequivocally accepted.

I have yet (in over 5000 posts) to see BTW insult someone's mother (I doubt dahoss has done it either though I am not positive).....I have, however seen you do it 2x in 2 days....getting attacked yourself is not a valid excuse IMO, we all make decisions, some of yours have been poor.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
if you are going to state an opinion...especially if you decide to present it as a fact (which many people here do) then you MUST be ready and willing to defend your postition....no one can expect to just say something and have it unequivocally accepted.

I have yet (in over 5000 posts) to see BTW insult someone's mother (I doubt dahoss has done it either though I am not positive).....I have, however seen you do it 2x in 2 days....getting attacked yourself is not a valid excuse IMO, we all make decision, some of yours have been poor.
Never said BTW or DaHoss mentioned my family, but I mentioned theirs and I am completely comfortable with what I said and where I took it. I am ready to defend my opinion when I base it on fact. But please present an arguement to why my opinion is wrong without any sarcasm, put-downs etc etc. Why not just present your argument and leave it at that.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 PM
top predator.

Quote:
Never said BTW or DaHoss mentioned my family, but I mentioned theirs and I am completely comfortable with what I said and where I took it. I am ready to defend my opinion when I base it on fact. But please present an arguement to why my opinion is wrong without any sarcasm, put-downs etc etc. Why not just present your argument and leave it at that.

human nature plain and simple....no matter how much one desires utopia we all know it is just an illusion....and usually the one's crying out for it the loudest are the one's who are doing the most to prevent its realization.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
And at some point you have to take it a step further and that is what I did. I will agree that I lower myself, but it is also pretty low to continuously barage someone whenever he/she posts a thought or a selection.

It's one thing to rip on someone about there opinions,picks, etc...pretty harmless.....but to take it "a step further" like you did is ridiculous.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
human nature plain and simple....no matter how much one desires utopia we all know it is just an illusion....and usually the one's crying out for it the loudest are the one's who are doing the most to prevent it's realization.
I dont really agree with this. I am not asking for Utopia, just for people to give the proper respect to people who post here. And again, BTW and DaHoss started in on me and never apologized. To me, I have to put an end to this disdain they have for me. There is a great quote that I have all my employees memorize "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." I am fine with people not liking me or whatever, but why not just ignore my posts. Why do they feel the need to egg me on.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Again, another perfect example. The sarcasm on this board has gotten well out of control.

Example of what?

I know her and was messing around.

Sarcasm is one thing....talking about sick family members is in another league. Obviously you are too friggin dense to see the difference.

You can't be this dumb.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I find it funny that someone can insult someone's family, yet is offended when their opinion is ridiculed, or someone says something sarcastic about it. What am I missing here? So we can personally insult and go over the line. but god forbid someone disagrees with your opinion or says something sarcastic. No wonder you have a hard time on this board. Seems like with that thought process you'll have a hard time anywhere.

I realize you are comfortable insulting peoples mothers over the net. I can guarantee your comfort level would be drastically different were you to do it in real life.
I would definately do it in real life. I have no problem with that at all. And I don't mind my opinion is riduculed at all. But ridicule it (the opinion) with tactfullness. No need to call someone stupid etc etc. And again, you started on me months ago and I am now just fighting back. I could care less about your mom. I don't know her from a hole in the wall and I could care less about you for the same reason. Again, I will take it over the line and finish it either in person or on the internet.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
top predator.

Quote:
I dont really agree with this. I am not asking for Utopia, just for people to give the proper respect to people who post here. And again, BTW and DaHoss started in on me and never apologized. To me, I have to put an end to this disdain they have for me. There is a great quote that I have all my employees memorize "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." I am fine with people not liking me or whatever, but why not just ignore my posts. Why do they feel the need to egg me on.
please, respect is a 2 way street...if you want to ask for it then you sure as hell better give it....and at the risk of being repetitive....this is the internet, it isn't kindergarten....if somone kicks sand in your face they don't have a teacher grabbing them and demanding that they apologize....and if insulting family members is the way that you set aside your differences then god help you in the real world....as for ignoring you, why do you feel the need to respond....2 way street like I said.

and I thought you sold your business over a year ago?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Example of what?

I know her and was messing around.

Sarcasm is one thing....talking about sick family members is in another league. Obviously you are too friggin dense to see the difference.

You can't be this dumb.
Another great example. For the 1000th time, I know I cross the line and intended to do so. I know the difference and how on earth am I to know you know her?