Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Pimlico

Won't be able to make it this time. Safe trip for Lloyd and Edgar.....and all traveling DT'ers. Good luck to all.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Arlington Park

safe travels to all. good racing luck and safe trip to Ld & Edgar and to Dr Paul and CMD !
Old 05-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Flemington

Good Luck today everyone. Safe travel and a safe trip for Lloyd.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Oaklawn

Good luck & safe travels!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Randwyck

Well? How'd we do ?

Follow me with the Rays grounds crew at
https://twitter.com/TripleCrown59
www.facebook.com/TripleCrown59

K&S pics-
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BYtWrhw2csXLA
Old 05-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Louisiana Downs

Finished 5th
Pressed pace, tired
Old 05-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Randwyck

Groan!

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 05-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Fairgrounds

He also got mugged by the place horse in the lane which certainly didn't help.

Paul
Old 05-08-2010, 04:52 PM
The Curragh

Fantastic day at Belmont today. Even though I wasn't allowed in paddock with my shorts... . Minded the Dee Tee cooler from the fence in any event.

Beautiful (breezy) day and great to see everyone again. Optimistic that Lloyd will move back forward in his next start.

Anxious to hear reports on Lloyd and Ausable from the crew who visited the barn after the race.

Another great day out... GL in Philly tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Some pictures from today

It was another beautiful DT day. The weather was sunny and warm, pretty windy though. A good group of DTers were on hand and Jonathan made a suprise visit from LA! Got to meet Nick's dad and Pat's father-in-law, Tony. Lloyd didn't finish as well as we had hoped, but it looked like he did all of the heavy lifting for the race also. He seemed keen to race during his warm up and it seemed that he was moving impatiently for Edgar during the warm up.

Thrilled that I got to meet Edgar and remembered to bring My Guy Barbaro which he graciously signed as I stuffed the book and a pen at him! Gary and his assistant trainer, Paul were very accomodating hosts. After watching Lloyd's race we watched Paul's horse, Crescent Moon Dr in the 4th race. CMD seems to be vying for most difficult horse in the paddock - wants to wrestle that mantle away from KNS.

After the races Jonathan and Dave and I went back to Gary's barn to see Lloyd and the NY filly, Aussable Chasm. Gary has quite a string of horses over there. It was good to see some old friends like Kittylicious and Loyal Shadow. Loyal Shadow is just so sweet - she was "hugging" my firmly to her side and I was starting to worry about bruising but Jonathan stepped in and gently asked her to hug me a little looser. Also got to meet some new friends, in particular the old white horse Grampy - I cannot remember what name he raced under but he is quite imperious. A few stalls down from Aussable Chasm is a Quiet American filly who is quite a looker and friendly as well. Paul said that Assauble Chasm and the Quiet American filly are going to the training track tomorrow - looking forward to the report on that outing.

We got to meet the NY filly - she is very sweet. Pretty big girl for such a youngster - she's got a fairly broad chest. Her ground manners are impeccable. Jonathan introduced her to a peppermint which she was not interested in at all. She has plenty of white hair and she looks like she could mature into a strawberry roan. Lloyd seemed fine back at the barn, his forelock was a bit frizzy from his race effort and he managed to bite his tongue and draw blood but aside from that, no worse for the wear. He was happy to have the extra attention and has matured a bit, he doesn't want to put everything in his mouth.

I took some pictures - the link is below. You'll notice the barn area - the best I can say about the existing structure is something out of a Lonely Planet guide - it exhibits faded grandeur. There are pigeons everwhere - flying all over the horses, who don't blink an eye. There was a rooster in the loft going on with the most pathetic crowing at 3 in the afternoon. Despite the "faded grandeur" of the structure everything in Gary's barn area was neat as a pin. Every single horse was soft and smooth as silk (and trust me, I touched every one of them, even the recently gelded one!)

Thanks to Steve, Gary and everyone else who helps keep the tent pole up in our little circus!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...hotos-_-Sharee
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Oaklawn

Some more photos from today

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...hotos-_-Sharee

Another really fun day at the races. Michelle has provided a great summary. Special thanks to Gary, Paul, Javiar and the entire Sciacca staff for letting hang us around the barn this afternoon. Our NY bred filly was really digging all the added attention.

Ready for part 2 tomorrow at Philly.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:08 AM
Newmarket

Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing the photos Michelle & Dave.....the description of the day made me felt like I was there!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 05-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacdaddy View Post
Fantastic day at Belmont today. Even though I wasn't allowed in paddock with my shorts... . Minded the Dee Tee cooler from the fence in any event.

Beautiful (breezy) day and great to see everyone again. Optimistic that Lloyd will move back forward in his next start.

Anxious to hear reports on Lloyd and Ausable from the crew who visited the barn after the race.

Another great day out... GL in Philly tomorrow.
Was'nt it like in the 50's with 30 mph winds?!!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus View Post
Good question, but that is not likely to stop pmac.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Flemington

It's actually funny. I didn't know about the shorts rule in the paddock either. When we saw Lloyd on Wood day (which was f'n cold also) I got into the Paddock with shorts on. I noticed people giving me looks (but I just though it's because I'm extremely handsome ), but didn't give it a second thought. Until after the race when one of the security guards told me about the rule. Thankfully we were on the way out anyway.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Jerome Park

Seems like a pretty dumb rule.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Saratoga

Come on guys, 9/5 on Redboard? It is just a prep to go longer next out!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
The Curragh

good run by RBK
Old 05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Louisiana Downs

nice 2nd at 5-1
Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Flemington

Forgot all about him. Congrats on the nice run guys. Hope he come back ok.