Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
The mention of one or both fillies possibly being entered is really screwing everything up. I wish these guys would make up their mind one way or another and stop teasing the public.
Its really lame to enter and see what post they draw, and most likely scratch if its anything but a "perfect post." This should not be allowed. I mean the connections came right and said what they're intentions were and its okay that 1 or 2 horses may not get in because of the luck of the draw?

We all know when the gates open, there isnt going to be any fillies in there.
Just a bunch of egomaniacs blowing smoke up the public's asses.
The attached article on the bloodhorse website states, "Brereton Jones’ Proud Spell and Fox Hill Farms’ Eight Belles both are probable to be cross-entered in the Derby and the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I)." However, per Jay Privman's DRF article on Monday, Larry Jones is quoted as saying "Proud Spell, if she draws a really crappy post in the Oaks, we might cross-enter her in the Derby. But I'd say that's only 15-85."

If both fillies enter in the Derby, I don't see how Denis of Cork will make the field and Bob Black Jack won't get in if Behindatthebar decides to run. If Todd Pletcher wants to help ensure a fast pace in the Derby (which could lessen the chances of Big Brown), he might want to make sure Bob Black Jack gets in.

http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44756