Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Thistley Downs

Default Indians Solve Problems With HUGE Move

The incisive brilliance of the Indians braindust showed through this weekend.

Shapiro's hack ,Wedgie, buzzed up the bullpen coach Saturday...one day after the season ended and the bp coach,Louie Issacs, had gone home to PuertoRico. Wedgie couldn't wait to give him the great news.

You're fired.

Yes ,SportyFans, the bull pen is now completely revived by getting rid of this slug......the same slug who has been with Cleveland for only 44 years and ,even by the ax man's own admission,was a very loyal guy.

Wedge had "been thinking ( ??) about this for a long time." I wonder why he waited until the team scattered for the 4 corners of the Earth to call LI on the phone with his decision.

Reason he gave for the firing....."We need a different dynamic out there."

Well we have plenty of those. Like r2d2,Here's Jhonny the New Christie Minstrels ( ie...current coaching staff)...etc.

But what's important here is they let a 44 year loyal employee go home after the season is done and then give him a ringy dingy to say........Ya know,Lou----always liked ya---but...."

It don't get no fucl<in' lower and dirtier 'an 'at.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Santa Anita

I thought the season ended Sunday?? Saturday would have been one day before the season ended. Did he call Luis on Monday?? There is much intrigue in this story I can tell. Coaching changes almost never happen in pro sports. If Isaac was in Puerto Rico on Saturday perhaps that's why he got fired! (that is a shame about Isaac, he has been around through several administrations. He actually acted as an English translater for Charlie Manuel's press conferences!)

Do you have to bring here's Jhonny into every Indians post?? What on earth does he have to do with this??

I'll go ahead and mention that one of the biggest non-problems with the Cleveland Indians this year was Jhonny Peralta.

(In other big news it was reported that LeBron was all set to pull out an Edmonton Oilers (long a favorite team of his) baseball cap to wear to a Cleveland NHL game...but only recently found out that Cleveland didn't have an NHL team so he had to put the cap on ice.)
Old 10-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Santa Anita

How's it goin' mortimer? I don't post too much here any longer. All I'll say is the Tribe is run like a well-oiled machine compared to the Brownies. wedgie is a virtual mensa member compared to wherefore art thou.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Thistley Downs

Hi HOC.

Guess I'm getting lost in days as well as threads.Sorry...I'm on ziprasidone HCI.So that's my excuse.

But the thing is Indians management has crossed the line with me. I hate their guts and hope they fall on their collective faces.

Oh...I hate he Browns,too.