Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Jerome Park

I found one post I saved.......

DFRATTINGER Feb-14 9:41 pm
To: MAJORITYWHIP (196 of 200)

13996.196 in reply to 13996.189

I bid farewell to all my close, close friends on this great forum...It is time that I move on in my life. Remember , 3/14/04 will show us how good LMD really is. Hope you all tune into ESPN for the great event.

I am going to be the big man here and bow out gracfully, although I am sure MD's real owners would love to hear about Majoritywhips claim of ownership, and that he is emailing people disgusting emails, sexually explicit emails, and I don't think MD's owners want to be affiliated with that, either do I. If Majoritywhip really works for the owners, they would probably fire him after hearing and reading a lot of his emails and posts. I have tried to make friends with the guy, but he isnt interested. He can do no wrong.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Delaware Park

And it went on and on like that......for months.....it was great.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Jerome Park

Yes, thankfully he didn't " move on. "
Old 12-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Delaware Park

He should be contacted and invited to join the forum.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Thanks, Jim. I knew that I recalled someone referring to that incident.

It's humorous to me.
well if you found that humorous...

once on this forum i got into it with him on something and he got enraged (no surprise). So he sends me a PM threatening to contact my employer and letting them know that I spend a lot of time during the day on internet message boards. so I play along and ask how he knows my employer. well he said he has friends on this forum who would give him my IP address and that he would use that to track down the company I work for.
i don't remember how I responded.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
that was on espn, before this site came up. there were some raucous threads over there near the end.
it wasn't a pm. it was a post for all to see.

he knew some "jersey guys" who were on their way to texas where the offender lived.

that was during the great troll war at espn when some of the really seasoned folks at the basketball and football boards visited horse racing.

the board bully just had a meltdown. it was fantastic.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I thought that I had read someone mentioning that he wrote to someone in a PM that he was going to send a guy "to break your legs." Do I have this right? It might have occurred on the precursor to this site or here just after I joined (Sept. 2006).
meant to quote this one on the above post.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
that was on espn, before this site came up. there were some raucous threads over there near the end.
Some of my favorites from that place are still some of the greatest ever.
By the way, I have some computer software that says Congaree is going to win the 2008 Kentucky Derby......perhaps because his jock is going to inject him with meth......during the race!!
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Some of my favorites from that place are still some of the greatest ever.
By the way, I have some computer software that says Congaree is going to win the 2008 Kentucky Derby......perhaps because his jock is going to inject him with meth......during the race!!
No "great threads of all time" thread can really be considered complete without mentioning he who shall not be named.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
This is hilarious. Thanks.

"The great troll war" sounds like something I'll read about years from now when the book on great chat room battles is written.
it should be written. During a short period in April and May we had The Study Group Scandal, The Barbaro Breakdown Aftermath, and then The Troll War. It was too much and the place collapsed. Many refugees took shelter here.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leader
My favorite threads were the ones that prompted me to sign up in the first place. All the ones that led to the departure of a "certain" poster. He seemed to know everything, and it was funny to read people ripping him on it. It reminded me of the Thoroughbred Times forum, which was the funniest reading EVER, in the halcyon days of 2003-2005.

As as aside, my all time favorite internet threads involved the horse LAST MINUTE DETAIL, his connections, and the run up to that years Classics. NOTHING will ever be funnier than that.

Bonus points for anyone that can name the horse that "Majority Whip" owned that was scheduled to face Last Minute Detail in the "Great Match Race" at Saratoga that same summer.
Good ole TT's forum!!! Who were you on that forum?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Oaklawn

I wonder what has happened to some of the posters in those aforementioned threads.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
The "Study Group Scandal"?
If I remember correctly, there were some college students who posed as seriously interested posters, but made outrageous statements just to get the regulars riled up. They then claimed it was part of a class project or something.

--Dunbar
Old 12-14-2007, 05:48 PM
The Curragh

I used to post on TT, but I think I managed to miss most of this. I was only there for the last year or so of that forum.

I used to have stupid slanging matches with BB, usually when I was full of some awful acoholic beverage. Those were the days, eh?

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
it should be written. During a short period in April and May we had The Study Group Scandal, The Barbaro Breakdown Aftermath, and then The Troll War. It was too much and the place collapsed. Many refugees took shelter here.

ah, yes...the good old days.

but out of everything mentioned, i don't think anything compares to being threatened with the fbi, cia and secret service...among others. repent was always good for a laugh.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
I used to post on TT, but I think I managed to miss most of this. I was only there for the last year or so of that forum.

I used to have stupid slanging matches with BB, usually when I was full of some awful acoholic beverage. Those were the days, eh?
i used to as well, and then it went belly up--the azeri/lukas/long whip thread was a classic.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i used to as well, and then it went belly up--the azeri/lukas/long whip thread was a classic.
I can't even remember the name I posted under on that forum, never mind which threads there were. I just remember having many many arguments with BB over complete nonsense.

Those were the college days, and there was rarely a night when I didn't get back completely smashed, in an angry kind of way. So I usually took the anger out on him.

I think I kept mostly to the international section back then.

Good times.

Why was the TT forum shut down. I never got the full story.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 12-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
I can't even remember the name I posted under on that forum, never mind which threads there were. I just remember having many many arguments with BB over complete nonsense.

Those were the college days, and there was rarely a night when I didn't get back completely smashed, in an angry kind of way. So I usually took the anger out on him.

I think I kept mostly to the international section back then.

Good times.

Why was the TT forum shut down. I never got the full story.
someone in the industry threatened a lawsuit--at least, that was the reason that was given.
i didn't go there much, espn was where i usually posted. but then one disappeared, and the other should have!!!

the azeri thread is one that sticks out for some reason. other than that....
Old 12-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig

i had forgotton about that. poor azeri.

wasn't that posted by an alleged "insider". this was how that bastard treated the horse?

i knew there was a reason i fell in love with the internet. thanks for reminding me.

now you have me wanting to check out some more golfer posts.

i miss repent too.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
i had forgotton about that. poor azeri.

wasn't that posted by an alleged "insider". this was how that bastard treated the horse?

i knew there was a reason i fell in love with the internet. thanks for reminding me.

now you have me wanting to check out some more golfer posts.

i miss repent too.
oh, don't get me wrong. i don't miss repent.

but yeah, someone who knew 'someone' broke that story. and hilarity ensued.