Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Keeneland

Default "Bet a horse, get a horse" board contest

I parlay my wagering winnings into my desire to be in on the Dee Tee Stables horses. It was a heck of a lot more fun, for me, to watch Sumwonlovesyou race this year, than reinvesting that money back into a couple of P4 or P6 tries.

Starting funds: $100

The Rules: a "group" handicapping contest - anyone on this board who cares to participate in this thread. All wagers posted on this thread by any one of us counts for or against the "total results" of the group. I'll keep the running total from our original starting bankroll of $100 based upon what's posted here and the results of every wager posted.

The Goal: to turn our group $100 into $500, or even $1500, so anyone following the thread in real life could "Bet a horse, get a horse" by turning their wagering bankroll into being a part of Dee Tee Stables should they wish!

(note - haven't discussed this thread at all with Steve, hope he allows it! )

The Method: preserve capital (there is no more when it's gone), get a steady ROI to meet goal. Some here wager on longshots, with the intermittant great score preserving bankroll; some wager more conservatively in order to see a steady profit over time.

When you post a wager, it affects the results of the entire group, so be discerning!

But we have some world-class handicappers on this board, so let's see if we really can do this as a group.

This is pretty much a "safe bet", or "best bet" thread, but the goal is real and tangible - for anyone following along here with real money to be able to join up with Dee Tee Stables with their winnings.

The winners: get a real-life horse

The losers: will cower and cringe in eternal internet embarassment

(Note: if you think this is silly, or don't care to share winning picks with others, or want to post a definitive heavy loser to sabotage the contest, just go away now)

I haven't looked at a card yet for today, but I'll be back with something for tomorrow -anybody else ready to help turn our $100 into a horse?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 10-14-2007 at 06:49 PM.