Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid View Post
You dont have a clue what you are talking about. Why dont you just read and learn something you jerkoff. She lost contact early. There is no horse running today thats in a photo w/ a horse like blame after that alone. Not to mention steading her when he was just getting her best run. Anytime you are beat a nose, there is some point in the race you could have done things differently and changed the outcome. SHe was visually the best horse and I dont see how anybody can argue that. Blame had a great ride, perfect trip and ran a wonderful race. He wasn't the best horse, but he will be, and should be HOY.

Great stuff, Bid

Actually, there are quite a few on this board who think they're much smarter than they actually are.

Of course Z was the best horse in the race yesterday

Even my brother's 4yo could see that

That said, I too have no problem if B gets HotY.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Old 11-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
I think you should quit while you're ahead. You haven't exactly had a good handle on Zenyatta. You thought she was more likely to run in the Distaff. You were totally wrong about that. You thought her barely beating Rinterval was a god indication of her ability. You were totally wrong about that. You totally misinterpreted that race. Then you said that she wouldn't get within 10 lengths in the Classic. You were totally wrong about that. Instead of admitting how wrong you've been, now you want to say that this was a bad race. The problem is that the speed figures that you most rely on totally contradict this. The speed figures say that it was a very good race. So now you want to say that the speed figures are wrong. This has not been one of your better arguments. I think it's time to move on to a new subject. I think it's time to cut your losses on the subject of Zenyatta.

Yeah, RP, DrugS is one of those who thinks he's smarter than he actually is when it comes to 'capping…
Old 11-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Keeneland

Smoothie watching the Classic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8kS-bNSrtQ
Old 11-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Goodwood

Quote:

That was classic
Old 11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:

Old 11-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Gulfstream Park

Still wiping the egg off your face after your reigning HotY's 2010 campaign, Dahoss? LMAO
Old 11-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
Still wiping the egg off your face after your reigning HotY's 2010 campaign, Dahoss? LMAO
Your comebacks are as bad as your opinion.

lol
Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Ann I have watched more racing on a long holiday weekend than you have in your life. I don't nose around in pedigrees of days past. If you are foolish enough to not recognize this mare for what she is, thats your loss.

My idea of a great campaign is pointing to a race, getting there, and still having your unblemished record intact. After winning the Breeders cup against the boys last year, you were lucky to see her back at all. Whether she raced once, twice, whats the difference. SHe showed up where they said, she ran how she was supposed to run, like a champ.

Ann they havent been handicapping races like that since trains brought horses to the track and rockingham had a dining room.
So in other words, you really don't have a good answer to her post, eh?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Oriental Park

In other words Im not 93 years old talking about when horses were handicapped to 140lbs, or when they ran till they were 8. Be happy you saw as much of that champion as you did. Ill be over in the selection section giving away money until I get tired of doing so.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I think it was pretty obvious she was best in there Cannon. As somebody that spends day after day watching horses, do you dispute she was the best horse in there? That CHD had an electricity around it that cannot be found on Derby day? That she brought a dying game a glimmer of light.

For me it was the Greatest Breeders cup. It was a culmination of a great career, and for any fan it should have been a pleasure to have been there to see it. To see her actually make it back to this race was epic. She put on a show for all the people who are so happy she lost. For all the contrarians who don't understand greatness. Ran her heart out, towed a 126lb potato sack around, and made all of our hearts skip a beat.
It isn't about opinion. It is about wins. That is what we have been told for a year and a half by the Zenyatta fans/connections. She didn't win so i don't want to hear the excuses. Your opinion or my opinion about who is better is moot. It is about who had the better year and was more accomplished. Clearly Blame was. Was the story of Blame and its connections as good a story as Zenyatta? No, but why does that matter when voting for awards? This isn't pro wrestling.

Good thing you weren't around for John Henry. Don't confuse a nice story and some good publicity for greatness. You also shouldn't confuse people with a better sense of history and understanding of true great horses with contrarians. For you it might have been a great experience, it was a really good race. But because you weren't around when racing wasn't so watered down doesn't mean that you can make statements like you have and not be challenged.

If you had said the same things about Goldikova, I would have probably agreed. It is quite telling when people can't tell the difference between the two fillies and why one has universal respect and one doesn't.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monipenny View Post
I love reading your very passionate view points. What she did in the BC Classic will be something I always remember. PM me please.
Get a room...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone View Post
Not that it matters now, but Blame dug-in when he finally heard Zenyatta coming and he ended-up galloping-out past her. And even after the wire Blame still held his lead, which makes you question the "one more jump" or "one more stride."

I will say this... I've seen some pretty exciting races. The electricity at CD today was awesome. The race itself was intense and thrilling. Even though Blame was my top pick all summer for this race, I found myself watching her from start to finish

In terms of drama, that's exactly what needed to happen... Zenyatta trying to catch someone, putting it all on her late kick. Regardless of the result, it was a great race, exciting finish and horse racing got a lot of play today.
I don't think there wasn't a single person at Churchill yesterday that wasn't screaming for her when she was clear - whether you bet on her or not. Awesome indeed.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
In other words Im not 93 years old talking about when horses were handicapped to 140lbs, or when they ran till they were 8. Be happy you saw as much of that champion as you did. Ill be over in the selection section giving away money until I get tired of doing so.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
You weren't at Churchill yesterday were you?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Oriental Park

Cannon

For everybody at CHD it was a great experience. It should have been a great experience for everybody in racing to see a mare like that give us an encore.

Blame season more accomplished...Yes. Blame do more for racing..Nah. Blame a better horse, I really don't think he is. My opinion and yours may not matter, but the writers who will make the decision wont be quick to dismiss Zenyatta off that effort.

You jabbing at me about not being able to tell the difference between the two fillies, one being good, one being great.... They are both great. Goldikova may be the best grass miler to ever breath, and Zenyatta may be the best mare to ever stand in a gate
Old 11-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Churchill Downs

Bid, before I had got arthritis and asthma, I spent plenty of time at tracks; it was watching these splendid animals running that inspired me to start investigating pedigrees. I saw Ack Ack during his HotY campaign, in 1971. HE had a wonderful campaign that was unfortunately cut short when he nearly died of colic. Everyone had him pegged as a miler, but the great Bald Eagle trained him to win the Santa Anita H under 130 lbs and the Hollywood Gold Cup under 134 lbs.

John Henry earned his first Eclipse as a champion turf horse, as a 5yo. As a 6yo, he moved up a level by taking his game to the main track, winning the Jockey Club Gold Cup and Santa Anita H to earn his first HotY.

These talented horses' connections could have kept doing the same old thing with their horses, miling and sprinting, or running on turf, but that wouldn't get them HotY except maybe in an unusual year, so they risked failure by trying the hardest, ultimate division, open company at 10f on dirt. This is what American racing has always been about, not sprinting, not mares' races, not turf miles, but the classic distance.

Zenayatta's campaign proved that she is the best mare who raced in the US this year, so she will get the older mare Eclipse. She was beaten by the top older male when she tried the harder division, so she is not HotY. Full stop.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Cannon

For everybody at CHD it was a great experience. It should have been a great experience for everybody in racing to see a mare like that give us an encore.

Blame season more accomplished...Yes. Blame do more for racing..Nah. Blame a better horse, I really don't think he is. My opinion and yours may not matter, but the writers who will make the decision wont be quick to dismiss Zenyatta off that effort.

You jabbing at me about not being able to tell the difference between the two fillies, one being good, one being great.... They are both great. Goldikova may be the best grass miler to ever breath, and Zenyatta may be the best mare to ever stand in a gate
You say this like you jumped into racing in 2007. Don't you think that there has been great days at the races before? You dont think that the people freezing their asses off the year Persoanl Ensign ran down Winning Colors had a great experience?

This entire "do for racing" thing is a crock of ****. It is sad when some phony, bs stories become more important than what happens on the track.

I was jabbing you because you still dont understand why one gets respect and the other one doesn't and from your last sentence you still dont.

As Joey (the non stupid one) pointed out in another thread, the 07 NE pats arent the greatest football team ever just as Zenyatta surely isnt the greatest mare to ever step in a gate. She wasnt even the best filly to run yesterday at CD...
Old 11-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
They campainged her like a Champion.
I officially give up.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Oriental Park

Cannon

For me a great day at the races is anyday I walk in. I could be at Rockingham on a Monday, betting 2500 dollar claimers at Beulah and its still great. Having a horse like Zenyatta is good for the people who aren't gonna show up on Monday, or a regular Saturday. People who have been captivated by the pagentry. Theres a lot more to it than just the horses. Maybe to you since you train them its gotten to a routine where its just the horses and the money. To fans its not horses and money, its story lines, pagentry, and having something to root for. Zenyatta gave them all of that. She was a show for a fairweather fan, she was an avenue to attract young fans, new fans, and whether you root for or against shes a draw and people watch when she ran.

I understand those are both great mares, and I just disagree with your opinion.

Ann

Youll fit right in at Rockingham, let me know when you wanna go. Asthma, arthritis. We have a seat for you

Oh shes by far the best mare to run this year, and shes probably the best mare of all time. I wouldn't count out the horse of the year honors either. She has a legitiment shot to win that award despite her loss.