Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

If Zenyatta had done "so much" for racing, then why was attendance at CD down from the last several Breeders Cups held in Louisville? Did Invasor, Round Pond, Bernadini, Thor's Echo, Red Rocks, and Street Sense do more for horse racing than Zenyatta, because more people saw those guys run live in 2006 than were at the Downs last Saturday?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
Would you really need to have 8 or 12 beers in you to drill a girl wearing an outfit like that?

I would do it just to say I did. Kind of like banging a deaf chick or a midget. They sure wouldn't have to be a hot deaf chick or hot midget to get my salami.
^^^ would require they leave the crown and ears on -- finds it stimulating.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScreen View Post
Aside from reminding us what a true champion is like, she garnered the "positive" attention of millions of people throughout the year and was responsible for BC attendance, handle and ratings records.
This is one of the flaws in the justification of Zenyatta's greatness. There is no tangible evidence, thus one has to resort to reducing Zenyatta's peers. What is a "true" champion? Does this mean all the other recent champions in the racing world have not really been worthy? Not very "horsey" like of you. This has been going on all year on these boards. Up to August, Rachel Alexandra was the bulls-eye. Anyone notice the smooth transition of the cross-hairs to Goldikova, especially since she won a 3rd BC Mile?

Laughable.

By the way, where do we find these "millions of people" she attracted?

Certainly not at Hollywood Park.

Zenyatta's impact on racing is the equivalent of sending foreign aid to Beverly Hills.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Would you really need to have 8 or 12 beers in you to drill a girl wearing an outfit like that?

I would do it just to say I did. Kind of like banging a deaf chick or a midget. They sure wouldn't have to be a hot deaf chick or hot midget to get my salami.
Only 1 of them is even DECENT.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Zenyatta did so much for racing in California is that what you meant? Wait! Didn't they have trouble filling race cards this year? In fact didn't they cancel some of their cards? And she was such a factor , what were the attendance across the country the next day after the B.C. ? I guess racing is alive and well because of Zenyatta. Anymore of that juice andyou will believe they should enter her in Dancing With The Stars too.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Aside from reminding us what a true champion is like, she garnered the "positive" attention of millions of people throughout the year and was responsible for BC attendance, handle and ratings records.
There were no records in attendance, handle, or ratings.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
There were no records in attendance, handle, or ratings.
you hater, you!!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Coach Pants

Old 11-14-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
so, zenyatta has 'earned' hoy and apparently the need for another thread about the same tired subject.

she has done no such thing. and exactly what has she done for racing? i keep seeing this phrase bandied about, as tho this horse is some four-legged mother theresa. please, i want details as to what has changed in the last year, or last three, since this horse has hit the scene? what is better, what has changed, how has the sport been affected?
Quote:
I feel dumber for reading that blog post - but at least we have a 'rank'em' post

eat salmon the other pink meat
Old 11-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

I'd love to give this garbage the FJM treatment.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Wrong.If Breeders Cup attendance and handle was up this year it was because it finally left California and came to a real,DIRT racetrack.Period.The 2 dollar bettors Zenyatta brought out did nothing for handle and most won't come to a racetrack again.

Last edited by Left Bank : 11-14-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloWishingwell View Post
Zenyatta did so much for racing in California is that what you meant? Wait! Didn't they have trouble filling race cards this year? In fact didn't they cancel some of their cards? And she was such a factor , what were the attendance across the country the next day after the B.C. ? I guess racing is alive and well because of Zenyatta. Anymore of that juice andyou will believe they should enter her in Dancing With The Stars too.
Well said!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Bank View Post
Wrong.Breeders Cup attendance and handle was up this year because it finally left California and came to a real,DIRT racetrack.Period.The 2 dollar bettors Zenyatta brought out did nothing for handle and most won't come to a racetrack again.
I doubt the ratings next year will be the same, we can judge attendance after next year as well.

My guess is they both suffer without her racing.

You could be right, because they are back to back at the same site it will provide real tangible evidence.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
I doubt the ratings next year will be the same, we can judge attendance after next year as well.

My guess is they both suffer without her racing.

You could be right, because they are back to back at the same site it will provide real tangible evidence.
since this year was in line with other churchill years attendance-wise, i doubt next year will be any different.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Randwyck

If Maureen Down/NYT has anything to say about it -

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/op...rssnyt&emc=rss

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
If Maureen Down/NYT has anything to say about it -

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/op...rssnyt&emc=rss
It's amazing really. How do these writers keep coming up with ways to make themselves look more stupid than the last writer to express their opinion about Zenyatta?

Among the many priceless gems in this latest attempt to get me to stick ice picks into my eyeballs...

"She came so close to beating the colt Blame that Ann Moss, crushed, said the mare could have won if she’d just stuck her tongue out."
Old 11-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Jerome Park

Not happy with Maureen Dowd. For someone as clever as her to write the kind of sh it that would appall her if written by another about something she understood is especially discouraging.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Not happy with Maureen Dowd. For someone as clever as her to write the kind of sh it that would appall her if written by another about something she understood is especially discouraging.
I told you man, the most amazing thing about Zenyatta is her ability to make people that otherwise seem normal, show themselves to be retarded.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I disagree

Maureen Dowd is not clever
unless you count omitting words when quoting someone in order to change change intent or meaning. only one word comes to mind when I think of ...Dowd, dishonest.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut View Post
I disagree

Maureen Dowd is not clever
unless you count omitting words when quoting someone in order to change change intent or meaning. only one word comes to mind when I think of ...Dowd, dishonest.
Let me guess....you're a staunch right winger.

Am I close?