Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach Luv View Post
Nightcap?
lol..12 hole AGAIN...can't make it up.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Saratoga

11 out of 12 races on the lawn and suppose to be a beautiful day outside. Throw that in with an open bar and our honorary captain Onebadbeast for the Saturday and it truly is a festival.

If you are handicapping it, make sure you know if they are on the inner or the outer. I am probably just reminding myself though because according to Ateam, no one cares about a million dollar race on the lawn at the most beautiful track on the country.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
11 out of 12 races on the lawn and suppose to be a beautiful day outside. Throw that in with an open bar and our honorary captain Onebadbeast for the Saturday and it truly is a festival.

If you are handicapping it, make sure you know if they are on the inner or the outer. I am probably just reminding myself though because according to Ateam, no one cares about a million dollar race on the lawn at the most beautiful track on the country.

I knew that would stick with you. And that started because you equated being a racing fan in NY to "being onsite and cheering one of those NY bred turf sprints home." As for Arlington being the most beautiful track "on" the country, you sure as hell weren't saying that when you were at Saratoga.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post

I knew that would stick with you. And that started because you equated being a racing fan in NY to "being onsite and cheering one of those NY bred turf sprints home." As for Arlington being the most beautiful track "on" the country, you sure as hell weren't saying that when you were at Saratoga.
You didn't ask plant-wise. There is NO track more beautiful structure wise in the United States then Arlington.

Saratoga is a different beast. The 'plant' is old school and I will never argue that the backyard atmosphere is beatable because it isn't, the only thing comparable is Del Mar and I still think Saratoga is better.

I still don't get how being excited and talking about how awesome it was to be onsite to see Zenyatta win the BCC is ball breaking territory. Which is how you started it all
Old 08-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I still don't get how being excited and talking about how awesome it was to be onsite to see Zenyatta win the BCC is ball breaking territory. Which is how you started it all
Because you've allowed it to completely cloud your judgment of her and her campaign. The first time you told me about how the crowd went wild at SA wasn't in response to a question about what it was like at the track that day. It was in response to a question about her place in history and the crowd reaction in the Classic was irrelevant to that discussion.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Because you've allowed it to completely cloud your judgment of her and her campaign. The first time you told me about how the crowd went wild at SA wasn't in response to a question about what it was like at the track that day. It was in response to a question about her place in history and the crowd reaction in the Classic was irrelevant to that discussion.
For what it's worth, the crowd went berserk at Monmouth when Rachel won the Haskell. Not that I want to start one of these arguments...

NT
Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
For what it's worth, the crowd went berserk at Monmouth when Rachel won the Haskell. Not that I want to start one of these arguments...

NT
They went nuts for her at Saratoga too. Therefore I'm just so thankful that they didn't retire her and we get to see her this year. Am I dissatisfied? Sure. But I'm just so grateful and satisfied that we get to see her.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

My open bar will consist of the two pints of Vodka I sneak in my pants pockets
Old 08-18-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach Luv View Post
My open bar will consist of the two pints of Vodka I sneak in my pants pockets
that's my strategy since they banned booze at the Belmont Stakes.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Bowie

PPs

http://www.arlingtonpark.com/sites/a...ps_big%203.pdf
Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Oaklawn

Romacocca can't possibly go off at 20-1, can she?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:26 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
The Irish one says Wigmore Hall is gonna run huge. It screws up my plans because that makes him an auto use for me, two deep, Wigmore Hall and Paddy O Prado
Why haven't they run him against anyone worth a darn yet?

Another thing that scares me away from that horse...the Jamie Spencer factor. It can never be underestimated.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Why haven't they run him against anyone worth a darn yet?

Another thing that scares me away from that horse...the Jamie Spencer factor. It can never be underestimated.
I was thinking the same thing but his trainer said in the DRF article that since he's a gelding, they've been looking for bigger money spots. He also said that if he were to run him in group company his rating would go up and he'd have to carry more weight.

Here's the story: http://www.drf.com/news/gentler-wigm...ng-secretariat

NT
Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Apparently Rainbow View is out.

?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer View Post
Apparently Rainbow View is out.

?
tendon injury
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Fairgrounds

Marsh Side - OUT (didn't make flight today, so AP assuming scratch)
Rainbow View - OUT (tendon)
Two Notch Road - OUT (102 fever)
Old 08-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Fairgrounds

Media Advisory: Late Updates on Saturday’s International Festival

ARLINGTON MILLION ENTRANT MARSH SIDE NOT ON BOARD FLIGHT
Robert Evans’ Marsh Side, entered Tuesday for Saturday’s 28th running of the Arlington Million, was not aboard the equine charter from Southern California earlier this week and is not expected to run although no official scratch card had been filed as of mid-Thursday afternoon.

RAINBOW VIEW SCRATCHED FROM SATURDAY’S BEVERLY D. STAKES
Augustin Stable’s Rainbow View, entered Tuesday for Saturday’s Beverly D. Stakes as the sister race to the Arlington Million, has been scratched out of the upcoming filly-and-mare test due to a tendon injury according to word received Thursday in Arlington’s racing office.

TWO NOTCH ROAD WITHDRAWN FROM SATURDAY’S SECRETARIAT STAKES
James Hackman and Glenn Thompson’s Two Notch Road, entered Tuesday for Saturday’s Secretariat Stakes as the final leg of Arlington’s Mid-America Triple, was never shipped from his Monmouth Park base after coming down with a 102-degree temperature, according to word received in Arlington’s racing office from trainer Thompson.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Saratoga

The Bev D might be the best betting race that I have ever seen at Arlington, I'll be using all but Romancaca and Hot Cha Cha.

The Million might be the 2nd best betting race that I have ever seen at Arlington. Word is that Gio Ponti doesn't look all that great, and even on the sheets he is one of many. Should have plenty of opportunities to make some scores.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Flemington

Good luck Thomas.