Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Gulfstream Park

Agree. Suns couldn't miss for most of first half and Pacers seemed rusty missing lots of close put backs. Dragic was a beast for them and Green has a chip on his shoulder for us.

Stephenson with another triple double and he's not on the all-star team? BS.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
117-86 nice pick
Lol also said GS. So a horrible 1-1
Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

The Cavs are awful. Mike Brown is just not a good coach.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Hialeah Park

The line for tonight's OkC-Brooklyn game is either the GIFT of 2014 or the TRAP line of 2014. I realize how well Brooklyn has played since the new year, but OkC is in a league of their own right now. It's either 'fill the pockets night' or 'empty rabbit ears' pockets for me.

Facetiously speaking of course.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel

Last edited by declansharbor : 01-31-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Didnt want people thinking id seriously go broke on the game. My horrible way of saying im betting OkC with both fists.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:56 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadave View Post
wow. The Suns have swept the Pacers,winning tonight and in Phoenix.Who knows how good this team is, but they just dont stop playing. They have no heros and one of the best young head coaches in the NBA.Time will tell.
The dreaded "first game back at home after an extended road trip" rears its head as the Pacers, off a 5 game West Coast trip, lose outright. Fading teams first game back has been profitable angle over the years.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
The line for tonight's OkC-Brooklyn game is either the GIFT of 2014 or the TRAP line of 2014. I realize how well Brooklyn has played since the new year, but OkC is in a league of their own right now. It's either 'fill the pockets night' or 'empty rabbit ears' pockets for me.

I actually expect a stinker at some point soon for OKC, they've been playing so well against really good teams they are due for a letdown. Have to imagine that is the thinking coming off the road thrashing of Miami.

They tried against the Hawks on Monday but were home and just a lot better. Might be tougher on the road against a hot team. This is also the 5th road game of a 7 game stretch where 6 are on the road.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:58 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadave View Post
That was the end game road trip for the Suns.They are just playing lights out.They have one of the best point guards in the West and he is leading them in each game.
The Suns are a very fun team to watch. I've always been a fan of Dragic.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post

63-35 okc halftime. Man they are playing good ball
Old 02-01-2014, 07:15 AM
Flemington

Steph Curry has crazy range.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Flemington

Heat need a miracle now with the Pacers signing Bynum. They better hope Oden is healthy enough to give them 20-25min a game come Eastern Conference finals time.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Heat need a miracle now with the Pacers signing Bynum. They better hope Oden is healthy enough to give them 20-25min a game come Eastern Conference finals time.
It sucks that Bynum and his bad attitude get rewarded.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Gulfstream Park

I just hope he doesn't f%$* up the chemistry the team has now.
Not sure who will get cut but it means we can play two big boys at C and PF much more. Hibbert/West/Bynum/Scola/Mahimi should wear out anybody as they can come in waves.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
I imagine the Pacers will regret this signing. I would have worked out a deal to just pay him to stay home and not play.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Yeah Bynum looked awesome this season...
Old 02-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
Not sure who will get cut but it means we can play two big boys at C and PF much more. Hibbert/West/Bynum/Scola/Mahimi should wear out anybody as they can come in waves.
Dont think anyone gets cut as they had an empty roster spot. You'd have to imagine he will strictly just back up Hibbert which will take minutes from Mahinmi.

Obviously Bynum is far better than Mahinmi but this really wasnt a big need for Indiana and was probably more along the lines to keep him from Miami than anything else.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Agree. More then just a bad attitude. A total punk, multiple reports say he simply does not like basketball.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
I dont think he can mess this up. Indiana has done this the right way, improving the last 3 years. Improving to right now being favorites over Miami to win the East. I would call them favorites to win the whole thing even without Bynum. Pacers are too well coached and have the right kind of superstar in George to let this guy mess **** up.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Yeah Bynum looked awesome this season...
Well actually I think he has moved pretty good. Plus in October it was reported that he would likely not debut until after the all star break with the goal being 15-20min a game come playoff time. Ahead of schedule, and honestly if Bynum can give Indiana 10min a game with Hibbert how does Miami even compete if Oden cant give them anything? Unless there is another vet out there that they can sign?
Old 02-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Dont think anyone gets cut as they had an empty roster spot. You'd have to imagine he will strictly just back up Hibbert which will take minutes from Mahinmi.

Obviously Bynum is far better than Mahinmi but this really wasnt a big need for Indiana and was probably more along the lines to keep him from Miami than anything else.
Chuck, just curious.... As of today who wins the East in your mind? I have Miami, but Im not confident at all in that anymore.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Well actually I think he has moved pretty good. Plus in October it was reported that he would likely not debut until after the all star break with the goal being 15-20min a game come playoff time. Ahead of schedule, and honestly if Bynum can give Indiana 10min a game with Hibbert how does Miami even compete if Oden cant give them anything? Unless there is another vet out there that they can sign?
He was out of shape to start the season and hasn't played in a month so i'm guessing he will be a little heavy. He is a big offensive move up from Mahinmi but how important is that really? I just dont know that he is much of a factor as a 12 minute a game player in the playoffs. Plus the 2nd unit has Granger and Scola, both who dont mind shooting the ball so how will he mesh with them?

Miami's has issues with rebounding but they have for the last few years. I'd be concerned that Battier and Allen arent shooting well and are at the age where they might be slipping fast. Without spacing Miami's offense will have issues with Indiana size. Bosh has been shooting more 3's and hitting a pretty good % but he is also one of Miami's few consistent rebounders so you help one area while weakening another. You'd have to figure that Riley is going to whatever it takes to win this year as I'm sure he sees Wade's knees, Allen and Battiers struggles and the fact that the Big 3 can all opt out this offseason and understands that the window might be closing.