Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Incredible. All I did was ask for the number. Before I could even type out a response, it was you that decided to make your comment about what it would mean to me. Then you say I went off on a tangent about it because it didn't verify anything? How do you even know what number I was looking for? Do you think I was looking for a 125 to make me feel good? It's silly of you to suggest that I was looking for any number in order to verify my opinion. I gave my opinion of him before knowing the number so if the number would have come back as a 200 or a 20, it wasn't going to change my opinion. Again, I don't look for Andy Beyer to verify what I believe in before I'll believe it.

It's incredible that someone as brilliant as you believe you are and that thinks everyone else is so incredibly stupid would take the time to even respond to us. Why do you waste your time? How nice of you to TELL ME what Beyer's number would mean to me and not letting me go through trying to figure it out for myself. You are such a wonderful man, despite what everyone else says about you.
I just find it interesting that you engaged this whole line of discussion around what the Beyer was for a specific horse. Then you later suggest that it doesn't matter and you don't put any importance to the Beyer number. YOU DO SEE THE CONTRADICTION HERE DON'T YOU? As for who is smarter, I am sure you have been handicapping long enough to know that this is a very humbling sport and such discussions tend to be silly.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Any info on what Rail Trip got on Friday?
Now why do you ask this if it wasn't important information for you?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

As I explained to God earlier, I only asked the question. I asked because I was curious and wanted to know what it was. Now, if you and God both want to say that my asking the question means that I placed it on a level of importance with world hunger, that's up to you. I simply wanted to know what the number was.

Also, I don't believe that I said I don't place any importance on Beyer figures. You said that, not me. I only said that I don't use the numbers to formulate my opinion.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicappy
Now why do you ask this if it wasn't important information for you?
I don't get it. King Glorious is an idiot who's been sucking my IGGY since just about the 1st post of his that I saw. Boggles the mind, then, that so many spend so much time engaging him.

HOWEVER, let me give you an example of how he's not off base in this case. (Since I'm forced to read his **** by the quoters.)

Steve started a thread about Mr. Hot Stuff. When I look at my charts for this horse's races I notice that his most recent effort is REMARKABLY BETTER than his previous ones. This could be attributed to, among other factors:

1) very bad field -- so he ran the same race but it just looks a lot better
2) significant improvement by the horse

I don't use figures and while they won't play ANY role in determining how I ultimately evaluate his performance, I, nonetheless, am mildly curious as to whether he earned a better figure than he had previously.

Simple as that.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
I don't get it. King Glorious is an idiot who's been sucking my IGGY since just about the 1st post of his that I saw. Boggles the mind, then, that so many spend so much time engaging him.

HOWEVER, let me give you an example of how he's not off base in this case. (Since I'm forced to read his **** by the quoters.)

Steve started a thread about Mr. Hot Stuff. When I look at my charts for this horse's races I notice that his most recent effort is REMARKABLY BETTER than his previous ones. This could be attributed to, among other factors:

I don't use figures and while they won't play ANY role in determining how I ultimately evaluate his performance, I, nonetheless, am mildly curious as to whether he earned a better figure than he had previously.

Simple as that.
First Race: 102
Second: 101
Third: 99
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Hialeah Park

I think people are putting waaaaaaaay too much stock in Beyer figures on the synthetics. From 2nd to last was like 5 lengths in that race, makes a big figure virtually impossible unless you want to give the whole field a career best.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man

Simple as that.
Same here. I don't know the guy "King Glorious" so had some thought that there was some sort of logic to his comments. I was just trying to draw it out. I'm learning.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
As I explained to God earlier, I only asked the question. I asked because I was curious and wanted to know what it was. Now, if you and God both want to say that my asking the question means that I placed it on a level of importance with world hunger, that's up to you. I simply wanted to know what the number was.

Also, I don't believe that I said I don't place any importance on Beyer figures. You said that, not me. I only said that I don't use the numbers to formulate my opinion.
You are funny. Too bad you don't realize it.