Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2024, 11:43 AM
The Curragh

Default ROI Results 3/9 @ Tampa Bay

What a disaster for the Tampa Bay Derby day. The timing couldn't have been much worse. And
all this despite a great (albeit slow) finish to the TB Derby. I'm trying to post these results as quick
as possible in case any questions arise or any errors scoring on my part. As always, especially
today, the results are not "quick official". I could only find one winning bet but at least it gave us
one winner. Zippy changed up his wagering and came home with the win. The Zip put the group
in a Full Nelson in the 7th and caused the rest of us to submit and flew home with the win. Full
Nelson paid $3.80 and Zippy showed a profit of $90. Congrats on the win Zippy. Nicely played.
Following are the unofficial results pending any inquiries. See you next week. Not seeing a prep
race. At least not a major one.

WIN... Zippy... +$90.00... R7: #8 $100 Show $3.80 X 50... $190.00

Digger SCR

Joly B SCR

NJ Stinks -$30.00

Cruzan -$75.00

Ruffian -$75.00

Real Quiet -$76.00

Cal828 -$96.00

Indian Hemp -$99.00
Old 03-11-2024, 01:59 PM
The Curragh

THE ZIPSTER WAS TUFF
ON A DAY THAT WAS RUFF
BUT AT THE FINISH LINE
HE SURE HAD ENUFF

WEB SITE LINK => www.RUFFIAN333.com
Old 03-11-2024, 06:01 PM
Havre de Grace

Nice play on a pretty crazy day
Old 03-11-2024, 06:08 PM
Oriental Park

I have no disagreement with your scoring, RQ. My comments go to the decisions of track management to simply cancel multirace wagers and refund the bets rather than calculate the wagers based on the legs that had in fact been run and pay the winners accordingly.

I've looked through the Equibase charts and can't find any payoff to those who were alive in the various multirace bets that were affected by the nonwagering Race 11 and cancelled Race 12.

If a player bet on the double involving races 10 and 11 and had the winner of race 10, why isn't that player entitled to a payoff on his successful bet, with the bet calculated on a 5/ALL basis? Conversely, if a player didn't have the winner of race 10 on such a ticket, why is that player entitled to a refund if his bet lost? His ticket was likely in the trash shortly after race 10 was declared official. I don't know how the Florida parimutuel regs address this, but most other jurisdictions require payoffs to winners of multirace bets that have one or more of the later legs cancelled.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:35 PM
Havre de Grace

Not sure why Equibase doesn't have the multi-race payoffs through race 11, but they appear to be there on Daily Racing Form results and as you said they appear to be using "all" in race 11.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:35 AM
Oriental Park

Yes, I see that. Thanks for pointing that out - not sure why Equibase didn't post them also. My point still stands concerning those multirace wagers that commenced prior to race 11 and would have finished with race 12.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:54 AM
Havre de Grace

My guess is that the Florida Racing Commission probably heard an avalanche of complaints about all this. Hard to know how long it will take before we hear how it all worked out. Government agencies sometimes work with the deliberate speed of a trial for a billionaire or maybe a decision from the SOTUS. I did read or hear somewhere that there would be in investigation. Whether it covers the causes of the problem and the impact on bettors, I don't have a clue.

I noticed that At The Races had a discussion on this topic with several guests yesterday.