Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Hialeah Park

Default Librarians, Keepers of the Liberty

On this 4th of July, let us not forget the librarians and the ALA, protectors of those that inquire. My heros. Keepers of our liberty.

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0701-25.htm
Old 07-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
On this 4th of July, let us not forget the librarians and the ALA, protectors of those that inquire. My heros. Keepers of our liberty.

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0701-25.htm

Here's to them all, especially my favorite librarian...Rupert Giles!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Bold Brooklynite

No complaints about librarians ...

... but the ALA management is a cesspool of commie-pinko-leftist-America-hating traitors.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
No complaints about librarians ...

... but the ALA management is a cesspool of commie-pinko-leftist-America-hating traitors.
Last time I checked, America was a land for all Americans...if we allow Bush and his kind to use fear to strip away basic liberties, only the rich and powerful will have freedom...in the end, we have only those rights that we can defend!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
Last time I checked, America was a land for all Americans...if we allow Bush and his kind to use fear to strip away basic liberties, only the rich and powerful will have freedom...in the end, we have only those rights that we can defend!
All Americans are rich and powerful ... because all Americans have equal economic opportunity and equal voting power ... one person = one vote.

And our rights are being defended ... and very well I might add ... against the vicious people who would gladly murder all of us ... including the members of this forum. We're all safe and free at our keyboards right now because of the efforts and dedication of our armed services and police forces.

Bush has been president for 5.5 years ... and not one American has had his or her basic liberties stripped away ... so your attempt at creating hysteria is meaningless.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
All Americans are rich and powerful ... because all Americans have equal economic opportunity and equal voting power ... one person = one vote.

And our rights are being defended ... and very well I might add ... against the vicious people who would gladly murder all of us ... including the members of this forum. We're all safe and free at our keyboards right now because of the efforts and dedication of our armed services and police forces.

Bush has been president for 5.5 years ... and not one American has had his or her basic liberties stripped away ... so your attempt at creating hysteria is meaningless.
BB,
Believe whatever you want to...you have that right.
However, if i can be reported for checking out books at my library as per the "Patriot Act"..I respectfully disagree.
Basic liberties have indeed been stripped away.
DTS
Old 07-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:

Equal economic opportunity my ass. Like Warren Buffett so eloquently noted (and I can't do it justice), a lot of "opportunity" is luck. None of us chooses who our families are or what economic situations we were born into. Rich kids start with a lot more financial support behind them than the rest of us, and if you really can't see the disparate starting points we all have (and how those affect our paths in life), then you must live in a wonderful imaginary American world.

Look. I'm not afraid of a bunch of terrorists. I am afraid of a bunch of terrified, short-sighted and well-intentioned American citizens handing over every liberty we have in the name of defending our country when someone engages in some clever rhetorical fear-mongering. That's letting the terrorists win. Muzzle the press, delegitimize and stifle dissent, alienate sympathetic allies, and you wind up with a place that may be "safe" but that is so much less than the great nation we're supposed to be. Not in my name, thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
I despise Bush, but liberties have actually been expanded under him. Stop being a self-centered american and look at the world picture. The real problem with Bush is he ruined our military. It isn't our job to go freeing people. Help people free themselves, yes. Do it for them, no. George Washington freed his country with the help of the French, but he did most of the work. This idiot Bush thinks it is our job to free countries. Moron, yes, but a guy who stripped away liberties, that is ridiculous liberal nonsense.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller
I despise Bush, but liberties have actually been expanded under him. Stop being a self-centered american and look at the world picture. The real problem with Bush is he ruined our military. It isn't our job to go freeing people. Help people free themselves, yes. Do it for them, no. George Washington freed his country with the help of the French, but he did most of the work. This idiot Bush thinks it is our job to free countries. Moron, yes, but a guy who stripped away liberties, that is ridiculous liberal nonsense.
You're confusing strategies and objectives.

The objective ... the overriding goal and the duty of elected officials ... is to safeguard the lives and freedom of Americans.

One of the strategies being used to achieve that objective ... is to foster democratic systems in countries where such systems do not exist ... not simply because that would benefit the peoples of those countries ... although in fact it does ... but because experience over the past two centuries has shown that democratic countries are far less dangerous to us than dictatorial countries are.

Democracy in Iraq isn't an objective ... it's a strategy being used to achieve our objective ... which is safety and freedom for Americans.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:14 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Default north korea...please make a mistake....

we need to send in the cleaners on this leader ..hes really lost it..public ex and starvation..he needs to pick a winner ..democracy in the 06th...million man army. and cant feed its people/..dumb ass..