Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Suffolk Downs

heard old Snot Walker tonight on the radio and he hinted that these signatures are from, get this as it sounds just like the idiots in the 60's. OUTSIDE AGITATORS!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Suffolk Downs

This clown isn't even original: he follows the rightie play book line for line
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Coach Pants

You're one of those libtards from that outdated layout board, right?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
You're one of those libtards from that outdated layout board, right?
Thing that confuses the **** out of me is he is from Canada. Why such interest in US politics?

Damar Hamlin
Old 01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Thing that confuses the **** out of me is he is from Canada. Why such interest in US politics?
for the hundredth time WRONG. Born in La Grange Georgia and moved to S Calif at age 6 months.

UCLA
Cal State University Long Beach
UC SF

Here's some information for you: Brits, and Canadians have a MUCH BETTER picture of what goes on in this world than the majority of 'merikans

Time to re-register so I can vote for the least nuttiest this time around.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelling_vic View Post
heard old Snot Walker tonight on the radio and he hinted that these signatures are from, get this as it sounds just like the idiots in the 60's. OUTSIDE AGITATORS!
I’d call them union lackeys sent in from Chi-town. And as a moth can’t resist a flame, college students can’t resist a protest and thus they serve a purpose as extras in a Michael Moore flick do.

During the late 1800’s and into the Great Depression unions represented their workers and had their best interests in mind. That all changed when Curly Humphreys walked into Al Capone’s office for a meeting with Red Barker and Lefty Lynch to plan the takeover over the Teamsters Joint Council in Chicago. Installing one Libby Libonati initially as an IL State Legislator and later as a US congressman provided a foot in the door politically. Thirty years before Joe Kennedy and his prodigal son would be called into the game.

Incidentally in 1931 the Chicago outfit was reportedly ‘earning’ $50 million a year off unions and they hadn’t even yet become national. With the passage of the twenty-first amendment, in 1933 effectively putting bootleggers out of business, the gangsters were forced to search for new revenue streams. Taking over unions nationally was determined to be their business plan. BTW (By passing the amendment repealing prohibition, the government reportedly reaped $300 million a year in alcohol taxes. One can only imagine the potential taxes the government could collect today taxing marijuana? The government’s lack of desire to do so coupled with their storied past hopefully isn’t a sign of yet more backdoor deal making.)

When ‘Dirty Harry’ Truman was elected President, the outfit connected unions hit the lotto. His ascent to power back in Kansas City was poluted with backroom mob deals and underworld relationships with people like gangster John Lazia and crooked Democratic boss Tom Pendergast. His greatest accomplishment as President, the building of the National Highway System was also dirty. With the road workers’ unions and their employers owned and or controlled by the outfit an automatic ten percent graft (overcharge) was included in the bids and paid for by the taxpayer. Also much to Truman’s discredit, Chicago crime boss Paul ‘The Waiter’ Ricca was somehow paroled after being transferred to Leavenworth (Atlanta was just to tough, both as a prison and a travel destination) to be with his compatriots and where Joe Bats (Accardo) and Camel Humphreys were able to visit with him.

Spring ahead in time to only a couple of years ago when the IL Teacher Union’s pension fund was the focus of criminal charges being filed against the likes of one Stuart Levine, close friend and confident with former Dem Governor Blago. Levine was indicted for shaking down potential IL Teachers’ pension fund managers. He has since whacked himself, Blago is headed for club Fed for twelve years and in a life’s not fair example, the man who turned everyone in, who refused to be shaken down, Washington D.C.’s J.E. Roberts, unfortunately passed away of cancer, way too young. Predictably his company JER was not given control of the fund.

Several years before that, a road construction/asphalt company, with motto’s painted on their trucks like ‘donta push’ and ‘the earth moves with’ and for all practical purposes the lone installer of Northern IL highways, was found guilty of (you guessed it) over billing for materials, hours and even installing a concrete lake, at the home of one of the owners, using State paid-for concrete and labor. Several company officers/owners went to prison however their bright orange trucks, with newly installed sheets of plywood painted with a new company name, continued being the sole provider of public road construction without disruption. No wonder IL finds itself in such financial trouble.

The People of WI, as a whole, realize the Governor’s initiatives of making public union workers equal to their private counterparts, is fair. Additionally the people think pitching in for one’s retirement and healthcare is an individual responsibility not a village one. Similar to why Wisconsinites prefer raising their own children as opposed to the State and why as a State they’re against Obamacare.

Though cold in the winter, Wisconsin is fantastic despite being the home of the Green Bay Packers. Guess you can take a man out of IL but not the Chicago Bears from his heart. Go Giants and Baltimore. Or at least cover. And keep up the good work governor!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelling_vic View Post
for the hundredth time WRONG. Born in La Grange Georgia and moved to S Calif at age 6 months.

UCLA
Cal State University Long Beach
UC SF

Here's some information for you: Brits, and Canadians have a MUCH BETTER picture of what goes on in this world than the majority of 'merikans

Time to re-register so I can vote for the least nuttiest this time around.
Quite a commute to Woodbine

Damar Hamlin
Old 01-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Keeneland

While Scott Walker decries "outside influence" on his recall efforts, he runs to obtain help and money from "outside influences" himself. Four donors alone accounted for a million dollars.

Governors under recall in WI are allowed to raise unlimited campaign cash. This is why the fake Walker petition for recall was filed early, by a Walker friend, in order to allow Walker to start raising cash early.

Doesn't seem like much support from small, in-state ("citizen") donors for Walker.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...sin&id=8517041

An analysis of Walker's latest campaign finance reports submitted Monday done by the government watchdog group the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign shows that 61 percent of his money came from out of state.

That includes $1 million he got from three Missouri donors and one from Texas over a single week earlier in January.

The Democracy Campaign says roughly half of the $4.5 million Walker raised over the past five weeks came from 33 individual donors.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Sha Tin

Who cares?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Who cares?
The funny part is she whines about this, but once the dems have a candidate there will be a TON of $ coming from National Unions to try and fight this. If they win they can use it as an example to other states. If they lose the recall then Other states can follow suit with WI and start to take some power back to the citizens of their state and not with the unions.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Who cares?
Just people that want corporate owning of our politicians out of government. Do you think Walker should work for the Koch Brothers and ALEC, or the citizens of Wisconsin?

I seem to remember alot of screaming about ACORN ... but complete silence about ALEC. I find that interesting.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 01-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
The funny part is she whines about this, but once the dems have a candidate there will be a TON of $ coming from National Unions to try and fight this. If they win they can use it as an example to other states. If they lose the recall then Other states can follow suit with WI and start to take some power back to the citizens of their state and not with the unions.
Yes, you keep whining about "union money", and "union thugs", while your Governor far exceeds on the "outside money" claims
Old 01-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Yes, you keep whining about "union money", and "union thugs", while your Governor far exceeds on the "outside money" claims
I am not whining about the $ you are. Most of the $ from the national unions is not in yet. They are waiting on a candidate before they send all the $ in from the outside. Get a grip on reality. Saying that you want corporate owning out of politics makes you the biggest hypocrite on the planet. If I have to spell this out for you I give up. Just use that brain of yours and think about what has actually happened in the last few years nationally. You applaud the government for investing in and owning companies like GM, yet you want corporate owning out of politics. Makes sense
Old 01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I am not whining about the $ you are.
No, I was not "whining", I was laughing

And yes - when Unions agree to massive sacrifices, as the Governor asked for, but he busts the unions anyway, while demonizing public employees, police, fire, teachers: yeah, the citizens are going to rise up with over a million signatures to recall your sorry, ALEC-owned ass from office.

Five straight months of job loss in Wisconsin, opposite the national trend. Incompetence writ large.

Quote:
If they lose the recall then Other states can follow suit with WI and start to take some power back to the citizens of their state and not with the unions.
That's why there are over a million recall signatures for your Governor, your Lt. Governor, and four Republican state senators. The citizens of Wisconsin signed those petitions. Not "unions".
Old 01-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Sha Tin

Who cares?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Who cares?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can you address my comments on GM please? Last I checked Governor Walker didn't invest any of the tax payers money in buying companies or stock in companies, yet Obama did. You support Obama, yet feel that Walker is in the pockets of the Koch's. Actions speak much louder than words. If you believe that there is no place in corporate owning of our politicians you would not support Obama.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Can you address my comments on GM please? Last I checked Governor Walker didn't invest any of the tax payers money in buying companies or stock in companies, yet Obama did. You support Obama, yet feel that Walker is in the pockets of the Koch's. Actions speak much louder than words. If you believe that there is no place in corporate owning of our politicians you would not support Obama.
She thinks the loss taken on GM was somehow a success. Just sayin
Old 01-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Delaware Park

Cool Polls shows voters approve of walker

Just the other day a poll showed that 50% approve of walkers performance. Also it is ridiculous to have these idiots shout out during his state address the other night. No need to protest you got your recall votes go home! These protesters still bitter about there choo choo train going up in smoke. I guess it doesn't matter to them that the majority of the state approves of walker. Keep it up walker ignore all the bitter losers the majority agrees with you!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Can you address my comments on GM please? Last I checked Governor Walker didn't invest any of the tax payers money in buying companies or stock in companies, yet Obama did.
Your comments on GM, the presumption that the only difference is scale, are a broadly superficial and ridiculous comparison to Walker enacting the ALEC agenda via ownership by the Koch Brothers et. al, unless you readily prove that the only reason GM got government money was political union payoff to the President of the United States. Considering that the unions gave massive concessions in pay, pensions and healthcare, and more non-union people than union benefited in the retention of the industry and associated manufacturing jobs, that will be a stretch. Unfortunately for you, your personal dislike of unions and Obama doesn't count as "proof". Especially as Bush's bailout was given with zero payback and conditions, but Obama's was not? But that does create the conspiracy theory in your mind that conflates the two as equal. I call that argument superficial, shallow, assumptive. You're free to hold the opinion. I do not. Call that what you will. However, I am willing to be convinced. Draw me a nice, clear picture of the factual details, and I'll be happy to change my mind to your point of view if your argument is strong enough. Go ahead.

Last edited by Riot : 01-27-2012 at 02:52 PM.