Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Saratoga

Default 1/5 Gulfstream Park

Couple horses to watch out for on Friday.

Race 5

One of those great betting turf races that I talked about on the opening card.

#5 Sweet Smile (15/1 ML): While I am not a huge fan of betting horses that aren't on lasix, this horse is going to move up tremendously first on the lawn. Two dirt races from a horse that should RELISH the lawn. Two great works at Gulfstream, Mott obviously dangerous on the lawn. GREAT VALUE

#10 Pastel Gal (6/1 ML): LDK first timer that has a shot. Working extremely well and Tagg only starts horses when they are ready to run. Not too huge on Little Bridgmo as if Tagg was real confident I think he would have gotten a more experienced rider BUT maybe Tagg is trying to sneak one in. Just saw on Youbet that they have Bravo rider, DRF has Little Bridgmo.....Bravo riding and I become REAL confident.

Race 7

#1 Electric Light (8/1 ML): If I remember correctly, S2S was all over this horse last out but he got pounded, and now Wolfson calls upon his boy Castro to get him in the winner circle. Only gotten one shot on this surface, which is one that he should love

Race 9

#7 Broadway Producer (6/1 ML): Got a feeling that this one is going to get pounded on at the window because of all the positives that are going. 2 GREAT turf works for Terranova, who excels with this type of layoff, Javy takes the call...Might end up the favorite
Old 01-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Arlington Park

It won't be Jermaine riding. He got busted up pretty bad yesterday. Out indefinitely.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Scav's why don't you like betting horses that aren't on Lasix. And little Bridge is out indefinitely with a bunch of injuries.
I don't know, probably because they end up going on Lasix eventually and I feel like I am getting screwed......Just one of those subconscience things that I end up doing while handicapping
Old 01-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Saratoga

Default Gulfstream Recap

Couple horses to watch out for on Friday.

Race 5

One of those great betting turf races that I talked about on the opening card.

#5 Sweet Smile (15/1 ML): While I am not a huge fan of betting horses that aren't on lasix, this horse is going to move up tremendously first on the lawn. Two dirt races from a horse that should RELISH the lawn. Two great works at Gulfstream, Mott obviously dangerous on the lawn. GREAT VALUE

#10 Pastel Gal (6/1 ML): LDK first timer that has a shot. Working extremely well and Tagg only starts horses when they are ready to run. Not too huge on Little Bridgmo as if Tagg was real confident I think he would have gotten a more experienced rider BUT maybe Tagg is trying to sneak one in. Just saw on Youbet that they have Bravo rider, DRF has Little Bridgmo.....Bravo riding and I become REAL confident.

Tale of two different worlds right here. Sweet Smile took a BOATLOAD of money in this race, 15/1 ML down to 5/1 post, and looked to have a nice move in her until Cornhelio asked her and she spit the bit, ran pretty bad but will not be playing until she gets lasix. Now, Pastel Girl. She is a DEFINITE play back in her next two races. Today looked like a lesson, and not only that but she made a nice middle move and encountered some traffic problems. She shied the whip a little when Bravo went to the right hand and ducked to the rail, and hung a little. Look to get rewarded next out, and if not next out, her third start.

Race 7

#1 Electric Light (8/1 ML): If I remember correctly, S2S was all over this horse last out but he got pounded, and now Wolfson calls upon his boy Castro to get him in the winner circle. Only gotten one shot on this surface, which is one that he should love.

We couldn't have gotten a better ride by Castro on this horse today. Fact is that we got beat by a better horse. BUT, still a confidence boaster as far as handicapping and you got back $5.80 on the place (So if you split a WP bet, you made money), and a $45 on the exacta.

Race 9

#7 Broadway Producer (6/1 ML): Got a feeling that this one is going to get pounded on at the window because of all the positives that are going. 2 GREAT turf works for Terranova, who excels with this type of layoff, Javy takes the call...Might end up the favorite

This was the exact same case as Electric Light but a different outcome. You got a PICTURE PERFECT RIGHT by Javy here and the horse responded. While watching this race, you saw a horse and jockey as one and both with EXTREME confidence. This horse won pretty easy today so you could see the same type of race next out. Didn't get pounded like I thought and we got rewarded with a $12 Win, $5.20 on the place and a $50 exacta with the chalk running 2nd. This exacta was a gift. Just looking, also got a $40 Double with the chalk winning the first leg.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Churchill Downs

Scav -

I really appreciate your post-race comments... I don't always get the time to see all the replays so your recap of good play-backs is excellent... I've started adding them to my watch list, hopefully we both cash when these ones return!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyCat
Scav -

I really appreciate your post-race comments... I don't always get the time to see all the replays so your recap of good play-backs is excellent... I've started adding them to my watch list, hopefully we both cash when these ones return!
No prob, hopefully I will be doing it all meet...Big fan of Gulfstream....