Not too sure about your list. What am I missing

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...l/pennsylvania
Old 11-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Not too sure about your list. What am I missing

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...l/pennsylvania
hmmm, no idea. you would think that the leading sire of PA breds for 2010 would be the same no matter who published it. I think your list is probably correct.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Delaware Park

Default Redboard King: 1/10/11

Just won the 6th at Penn National
Old 01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Oaklawn

Redboard winner at Penn National this evening. Gate to wire.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
Redboard winner at Penn National this evening. Gate to wire.
Good for him. I thought he was the best horse in the 4 horse partnership. Too bad he's still not in the partnership, but I wish him well wherever he is and hope he continues his winning ways.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
Good for him. I thought he was the best horse in the 4 horse partnership. Too bad he's still not in the partnership, but I wish him well wherever he is and hope he continues his winning ways.
I feel the same way

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
At a certain point you have to ask yourself and team when is it time to get a win to stop asborbing the costly expense of owning a racehorse. Dropping to that 7.5k level was exactly the right move off his effort before the race. He is and will be a nickel claimer, good nickel claimers get claimed, it isn't like he was gonna be an allowance horse. A 10nw3 race at Penn National is probably like the 7.5nw3 at Philly. I'll grant anyone that a win is a win, but when Chuck get one claimed off him, not many go on to improve.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
At a certain point you have to ask yourself and team when is it time to get a win to stop asborbing the costly expense of owning a racehorse. Dropping to that 7.5k level was exactly the right move off his effort before the race. He is and will be a nickel claimer, good nickel claimers get claimed, it isn't like he was gonna be an allowance horse. A 10nw3 race at Penn National is probably like the 7.5nw3 at Philly. I'll grant anyone that a win is a win, but when Chuck get one claimed off him, not many go on to improve.
I don't she meant anything by her statement.......but, thanks for the input, some of us know the game

Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Couldn't agree more with your message and I'm glad you wrote it.

And, if I may add - even after a horse gets claimed from a partnership/trainer, it's ok for that horse to go on and do well for his/her new owners!!! As the former owner, I've never been embarrassed if the horse makes some money and wins a few races for the new owner. It's OK!!

Turning over horses can be profitable and no partnership or owner can survive by constantly losing money.....

Last edited by phystech : 01-11-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech View Post
Couldn't agree more with your message and I'm glad you wrote it.

And, if I may add - even after a horse gets claimed from a partnership/trainer, it's ok for that horse to go on and do well for his/her new owners!!! As the former owner, I've never been embarrassed if the horse makes some money and wins a few races for the new owner. It's OK!!

Turning over horses can be profitable and no partnership or owner can survive by constantly losing money.....
Again, I don't think her post meant anything wrong......we understand that part of the game

Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
Again, I don't think her post meant anything wrong......we understand that part of the game
Somebody's saying I'm wrong? LOL! Get on line. I understand the game - just disappointed he's no longer in the partnership even if he's just a "nickel claimer". He's running, he's sound, he's making some money. Continued good journeys for him. Looking forward to hearing about a replacement in the partnership.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
You understand the claiming part of the game, or all the costs that go into the game?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Wouldn't this be classified as a redboard?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
He's running, he's sound, he's making some money. Continued good journeys for him. Looking forward to hearing about a replacement in the partnership.
I always wonder how people know this?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Some people just know everything.

Fortunately for me I married one of them.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Flemington

Hey, get in line people!!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
He's run at least 10 times since April and no report of injuries or problems were reported to the partnership.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
He's run at least 10 times since April and no report of injuries or problems were reported to the partnership.
While your reasoning may seem valid, you really don't know if he is sound or not. Assumptions like this are one of the reasons why this business is so misunderstood.

The horse was given a chance to prove that he was better than a cheap, non-winners type of horse. He didn't show that he was and we ran him in a spot where we thought we had the best chance of winning. The fact that someone claimed him (there was only 1 claim) is simply the risk you take when you enter claiming races. We replaced him with another horse who got claimed on the raise. You win some, you lose some. Hindsight in terms of claiming or not claiming horses is pointless.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
While your reasoning may seem valid, you really don't know if he is sound or not. Assumptions like this are one of the reasons why this business is so misunderstood.

The horse was given a chance to prove that he was better than a cheap, non-winners type of horse. He didn't show that he was and we ran him in a spot where we thought we had the best chance of winning. The fact that someone claimed him (there was only 1 claim) is simply the risk you take when you enter claiming races. We replaced him with another horse who got claimed on the raise. You win some, you lose some. Hindsight in terms of claiming or not claiming horses is pointless.
Chuck, I'm not questioning your putting him in a claiming race. I fully realize that's where he had to have been placed. I'm just regretting that he got claimed - that's all. Out of 4 horses in the partnership, we're down to one - Lloydobler. He has yet to break his maiden. The other two horses - Missus Mayflower and Run Burgandy didn't work out - they're off, hopefully, to green pastures elsewhere. So, of the 4 horses, Redboard King has done the best. That's all I'm saying. And, I truly hope the new owners/trainers are not racing an unsound horse if that's what he is.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
You understand the claiming part of the game, or all the costs that go into the game?
Explain it to me........ yes, a matter a fact I do!