Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Keeneland

Default $12.2 Trillion Pledged WTF

I was quite dismayed and disturbed to have read an article forwarded to me by a fellow DTer in an email. I agreed to keep the sender’s name anonymous because he/she is friends with members of both political sides but with permission will post and expound upon the article here.

According to the New York Times July, 2011 story attached, a total of $12.2 trillion has been pledged/promised under current bailout/stimulus programs and $2.5 trillion has already been spent by the Fed Gov. and mind you this doesn’t include the $700 billion TARP bailout, gifts to foreign countries, Cash for Clunkers, Solyndra, Obamacare, ongoing wars etc or the $300 billion reward Obama wanted to send directly to public sector union employees that in a glimmer of common sense and hope failed.

That’s disturbing and the fact every last dime of that pledged $12.2 is earmarked for failing corporations, predominantly failing mortgage and financial institutions, coupled with unemployment numbers not budging and housing prices still falling brings on the strong feeling of dismay.

While voters are placated with endless extensions of unemployment benefits, food stamps, and promises of future subsidized healthcare, the bill for both the corporate, bank, mortgage company bailouts and the voter handouts are being covered by a credit card number stolen from the American Taxpayer et al.

Fortunately of the $12.2 trillion pledged less than a third has been spent and the rest may be able to be recouped if this madness of the government subsidizing failing private businesses would stop.

The pledged $12.2 trillion divided by the 150 million taxpayers evenly comes to $81,333 per taxpayer.

Although heartbreaking the $2.5 trillion that was gone nine months ago along with a $16,666 price tag per taxpayer seems like a bargain now.

OMG I’m starting to think like Riot!

Anyway, my hope is all voters will somehow wake up and realize our future ability to continue everything from supporting the Nation’s Military, to feeding and providing for the most in need, to being able to pay retirees the benefits they have already paid for do not depend on how much money we spend today but how much we save today.

Taking out credit to pay for credit does not work and never will.

In the big picture of things, Fannie and Freddie, GM and wishing companies like Solyndra can make it, seems far down the line of priorities than say future SS checks.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-graphic.html