Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Belmont Park

Exclamation HRC to censor, demand contact information of comics that poked fun of her

>>>video of the short performance, which is less than three minutes, is posted on the website of the renowned club, Laugh Factory, and the Clinton campaign has tried to censor it. Besides demanding that the video be taken down, the Clinton campaign has demanded the personal contact information of the performers that appear in the recording. This is no laughing matter for club owner Jamie Masada, a comedy guru who opened Laugh Factory more than three decades ago and has been instrumental in launching the careers of many famous comics. “They threatened me,” Masada told Judicial Watch. “I have received complains before but never a call like this, threatening to put me out of business if I don’t cut the video.”<<<

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...ng-fun-of-her/

Holy Sh!t. Enjoy what is left of freedom while you still have it.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Dee Tee Stables

in a word, crazy.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Saratoga

Good maybe she'll crazy her way right out of the race
Old 11-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...sage_gets.html
Old 11-21-2015, 07:43 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
Exactly. I clicked through and read the right-wing Judicial Watch link RBE posted and my first thought was, "This sounds fake." And sure enough, when questioned directly about it, the club owner admitted it could very well have been a prank. But the right doesn't want to admit that a story that is completely preposterous (Hillary has spent 20 years being insulted for her appearance, her marriage, etc. Why start taking offense now? It makes no sense). From the article:

"What we have here is a small-scale demonstration of how the Hillary smear sausage gets made. It starts with a claim that’s ambiguous at best, fabricated at worst, and then interpreted in the most invidious possible light. The claim is reported in one outlet and amplified on Twitter. Other outlets then report on the report, repeating the claim over and over again. Talk radio picks it up. Maybe Fox News follows. Eventually the story achieves a sort of ubiquity in the right-wing media ecosystem, which makes it seem like it’s been confirmed. Soon it becomes received truth among conservatives, and sometimes it even crosses into the mainstream media. If you watched the way the Clintons were covered in the1990s, you know the basics of this process. If you didn’t, you’re going to spend the next year—and maybe the next nine years—learning all about it."

As the old adage goes, a lie gets halfway around the world in the time it takes the truth to pull its boots on.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Belmont Park

Yes thank God that finally a "left-leaning" e-rag called the Clinton campaign to get the formal denial. Knowing her track record, she most certainly would have fessed up to it if it were true. All better now. That was close.

For the record, the club owner (a registered democrat) stands by the story.

The fact is, no one except the caller knows the validity of the threat.

I'm just glad I can finally sleep knowing it is 100% false now that the Clinton campaign said so.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Yes thank God that finally a "left-leaning" e-rag called the Clinton campaign to get the formal denial. Knowing her track record, she most certainly would have fessed up to it if it were true. All better now. That was close.

I'm just glad I can finally sleep knowing it is 100% false now that the Clinton campaign said so.
I laughed
Old 11-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

But right leaning rags are to be believed? honestly tho, think for a minute. Would the clinton campaign behave in such a ham handed way? Common sense would say no, that a well oiled political machine wouldnt give two shits about a video from some comics...that if they did, this is how they would handle it??
the guy only knows someone called, and said what they said. When it comes down to it, does anyone really think this is how they would do this?
i loathe hilary clinton, but i find this particular story to be bs.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post

RBE, it's the common sense test. Why on earth would a campaign call a comedy club and complain, nay, threaten, over the same stale jokes that have been told about Clinton since the mid 1990s? The only thing that club needs to be threatened over is putting up comedy routines that smell like mothballs.

If anything, the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy should be kicking themselves for the 20 years of Clinton hate, because they've given Hillary two decades of practice at how to deflect the attacks. All the Benghazi stuff did was increase her campaign donations. She's got thick skin now, as evidenced by the tweet her campaign put out after the hearings:

I'm okay with her as a candidate. Not in love, as I'm a liberal and she's a Rockefeller Republican if ever I've seen one (the only reason anyone would mistake her for a progressive is because the GOP slate are so far gone with the radical right rhetoric they make Robert W. Welch, Jr. poke his head out of his grave to say, "Uh, guys, maybe you should tone it down a bit?"). But she'll do. She's been a Senator and a SoS and was trying to fix the healthcare system back in the early 1990s, before the rest of the nation knew how bad things were going to be. I give her props for seeing the problem then.

My big issue is that I don't like political dynasties, no matter what letter is after the person's name, D or R. But historically speaking, many of the first women to hold a political office were a spouse or widow of the man who held it before them, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised the highest office in the land might follow the same pattern. And America seems to like our political dynasties, so I think I'm in the minority there.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Belmont Park

As I stated - we don't know if an over-zealous campaign volunteer took it upon themselves to "go rouge" as it were, if it was blessed by someone on her staff (win-win...plausible deniability with no physical evidence) , or if it was a hoax.

No one does. Except the caller.

I think what is most telling is that this had legs, and was believable, BECAUSE of who she is - based on her track record of poor judgement, and her ceaseless defense/cover up of said poor judgements.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Santa Anita

Believing the story is doing exactly what ISIS wants us to do.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Old 11-23-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Well played, sir. Reminds me of a graphic that made was repurposed and made its way around the interoobs this week:

Old 11-23-2015, 03:51 PM

(I should add, props to my home state for being one of the ones flipping the bird)
Old 11-24-2015, 07:02 AM
Santa Anita

Well, everything that the liberal intelligentsia doesn't like or doesn't want us to do is either doing exactly what ISIS wants us to do, or is a cause (or effect) of global warming, er, climate change . . . or both.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:26 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Well, everything that the liberal intelligentsia doesn't like or doesn't want us to do is either doing exactly what ISIS wants us to do, or is a cause (or effect) of global warming, er, climate change . . . or both.
yes, so true. and the gop would do no fear mongering at all, about anything.

where do these two parties leave so many of us who view them as the frying pan and the fire?
Old 11-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/24/op...rnational&_r=0

this quote should scare any freedom loving american...

“We’re going to have to do things that we never did before. And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule. And certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy. And so we’re going to have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.”

this type of stuff is supposed to make me feel secure?