Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2016, 11:04 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Default gordon and the nfl

I figure everyone has seen by now that his app for reinstatement was denied, and there are rumors he failed a drug test.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...or-josh-gordon

saw this article this morning, so it seems all is not lost for Gordon. but one thing jumped out at me.

What person couldn't put aside some bad habits in order to resume a job that would pay him nearly $1 million this season, and then put him in position to cash in on a multi-million dollar second contract in two years?

what person couldn't? an addict.
layne stayley spent years committing suicide by heroin. former fiancé died, buddies died, he got down to 80 pounds, but had to have that stuff. was dead two weeks when they found him, lying on used needles, needle in his leg, a loaded one in his hand. addiction isn't pretty.
so, yeah...someone not an addict can walk away from anything. but an addict? they will give up anything and everything for their drug of choice.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
I figure everyone has seen by now that his app for reinstatement was denied, and there are rumors he failed a drug test.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...or-josh-gordon

saw this article this morning, so it seems all is not lost for Gordon. but one thing jumped out at me.

What person couldn't put aside some bad habits in order to resume a job that would pay him nearly $1 million this season, and then put him in position to cash in on a multi-million dollar second contract in two years?

what person couldn't? an addict.
layne stayley spent years committing suicide by heroin. former fiancé died, buddies died, he got down to 80 pounds, but had to have that stuff. was dead two weeks when they found him, lying on used needles, needle in his leg, a loaded one in his hand. addiction isn't pretty.
so, yeah...someone not an addict can walk away from anything. but an addict? they will give up anything and everything for their drug of choice.
Addiction is a terrible problem. However you're not an addict until you make the decision to stick a needle in your arm in the first place.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:18 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Addiction is a terrible problem. However you're not an addict until you make the decision to stick a needle in your arm in the first place.
yes, I know that.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
That's not how it starts....

Just a brutal post
Old 04-13-2016, 11:27 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
yes, I know that.

Apparently you don't
Old 04-13-2016, 11:43 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Apparently you don't
Naw I think you are clueless but that is expected from you
Old 04-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Havre de Grace

You really think junkies start by putting a needle in their arm ?
It starts long before they come to that point. First time people do heroin they sniff a bag. It's the size of a match head. The next thing they do is vomit.
Before they even tried heroin they've dabbled in pills, fake cocaine, or anything else they could get their hands on..
Old 04-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
You really think junkies start by putting a needle in their arm ?
It starts long before they come to that point. First time people do heroin they sniff a bag. It's the size of a match head. The next thing they do is vomit.
Before they even tried heroin they've dabbled in pills, fake cocaine, or anything else they could get their hands on..
Really I'm shocked especially since I'm a toxicologist. In all seriousness bama my point is they make the decision to do something first weather it's coke pills etc. I know abdication is awful and I do feel for people. The problem is people are too quick to not put blame on the addict. The **** we are seeing is always blaming the drugs. Doing the drugs to start with needs to be addressed
Old 04-13-2016, 08:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Really I'm shocked especially since I'm a toxicologist. In all seriousness bama my point is they make the decision to do something first weather it's coke pills etc. I know abdication is awful and I do feel for people. The problem is people are too quick to not put blame on the addict. The **** we are seeing is always blaming the drugs. Doing the drugs to start with needs to be addressed
Of course they should never try it to begin with. I am not sure what drives these people to do so.
But, i put up the initial post due to what espn put...that it should be easy for gordon to give up his stuff.
For some, it is the hardest thing in the world. Thats why people who have it all lose it all. They just are so eaten up with their addiction, they dont care about anything else. Family, kids, career, their own health, money ,fame. None of that is enough when someone is an addict.
So, yeah, for those people it would have been best not to start....does the addict have a brain that makes him try it? An ego thing, i can handle it? Or they just dont care?