Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2006, 05:55 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Default Welcome back

Eibar Coa....back on his mounts today after a short suspension.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Idlewild Airport

Solid steady jock in NY. Used to bet him when he was just doing the Florida circuit. Thought he was good enough to come up and he's been real steady.

Good question: Who would you prefer right now-----Corno Velazquez or Eibar Coa? Very close but I like Corno a little bit better. Tough call.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:16 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Solid steady jock in NY. Used to bet him when he was just doing the Florida circuit. Thought he was good enough to come up and he's been real steady.

Good question: Who would you prefer right now-----Corno Velazquez or Eibar Coa? Very close but I like Corno a little bit better. Tough call.

Coa is just one of those guys I tend to have alot of luck with. I have had some good luck with others as well...Corny being one of them.

The French kid had my number all summer at Toga. I just had ZERO clue when to bet him. When I bet his horses...he would pull his usual take a horse way back and try to come flying at the end and I would get screwed. Then...when I didn't bet him, or used him in a Pick 3 or 4...he would give a brilliant ride and break my heart. Gomez has been the same way as well. Never sure when to use him.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Saratoga

Quote:

One better, I think he was the jock I used to box with Prado in Maryland when I needed cash about 5 years ago, I could be wrong though
Old 10-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Idlewild Airport

Kev,
I was more and more impressed with Gomez as the summer went along. Very powerful rider, I prefer that to some of the other methods. Some guys just tend to get more out of their horses. He is one of them. I hope he comes back in the summer again. The best group of jocks ever at one meet in the history of American racing at the Spa this past summer.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:29 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Kev,
I was more and more impressed with Gomez as the summer went along. Very powerful rider, I prefer that to some of the other methods. Some guys just tend to get more out of their horses. He is one of them. I hope he comes back in the summer again. The best group of jocks ever at one meet in the history of American racing at the Spa this past summer.
No doubt....It was a pleasure to see them all this summer. I think after all these trainers in NY has seen what GG is capable of, you almost have to consider the majority of his mounts "live". I am in the same boat as Scuds, in that I don't think he does as well on the chalk.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:58 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Also coming back today....drum roll please...................

JEAN-LUC SAMYN. Bad news though....Hatten has decided to keep Chantal Sutherland as his client instead.

Just a random thought....who wins more races per year, Jean-Luc or Diane Nelson??
Old 10-04-2006, 08:21 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Well....Jean-Luc has 9 wins from 201 mounts this year and Diane is 0 for 9.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Sheepshead Bay

While talking Jocks , Is the new one at Calder related to Assmusens go to guy Sean.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Kev,
The pissing match between the two titan agents is continuing over to Belmont.
Anderson and Gomez wanna win a riding title in NY VERY badly to have that feather in their cap.
Frieze carries a grudge like noone you ever saw. Prado is simply outriding Gomez again at this meet and Frieze is putting him on a few more claimers than you would expect, because he wants to deny them again.
Once again I make Frieze/Prado a 2-1 favorite over Anderson/Gomez.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:32 AM
5'8".. but all man!

I see Gomez is going back to Cali at the end of this month.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpops757
While talking Jocks , Is the new one at Calder related to Assmusens go to guy Sean.

Jermaine Bridgmohan.....I have no idea....I would imagine so...but not sure.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Porter
Some trainers get MORE out of horses or a horse than others.

Risders mean NOTHING.

Get it, got it? Good..............

what is a Risder?

Ok....now I know what a rider is

Last edited by GPK : 10-04-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:37 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
I see Gomez is going back to Cali at the end of this month.
Yeah Kev, and Frieze is working as hard as he can to assure that he goes home without any NY riding titles this year.
The eclipse is gonna come down to Breeders Cup day. The money keeps narrowing between them, and Cup day should decide it.
I imagine the buttons on Friezes cell phone are just about worn out, probably not a single contender that he hasn't called, at least twice.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 AM
oracle80

Riding percentage wise Prado is 19.9 and Gomez is 19.7 mill.
Bloodhorse official money won has Prado in front by a half mill, and DRf money won has Gomez in front by 1.3 because they recognize Dubai and Bloodhorse doesnt.
I'm not sure how the grade one's shake out.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Jermaine Bridgmohan.....I have no idea....I would imagine so...but not sure.
It's his little brother and the kid is the goods.. Makes mistakes of exuberation, but has a great feel. He wants to come north as soon as possible. The elder Bridg will be 'managing' his move apparently.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Saratoga

Steve, I have watched him, he is pretty good, hopefully Shaun can smooth him out, he seems to get them going a little late, but that type of stuff will come more consistently when he rides back, seems to have some quick hands, quick enough to where he scared some horses a couple times coming down the stretch, they didn't know the left hand whip was coming
Old 10-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Coach Pants

I look forward to seeing little bridmohan at the big A this winter. It would also be nice if Manny Cruz made a move somewhere. It's obvious he's too good for Calder.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Kev,
The best group of jocks ever at one meet in the history of American racing at the Spa this past summer.
Are you sure about this?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Are you sure about this?
Please name a better one....For an entire meet. I'm just agreeing with the general belief, it was written about various places.